Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 22:13

LOL - if Doctor Who can do it ..... wouldn't time travel be just great! Who knows what the future holds lol

Just hope that Bella and everyone travelling have easy journeys whether there or back as it is such a pain to be caught up in this sort of thing. Especially annoying when there is just nothing you can do about it.
Old 07-09-2010, 22:18

Totally agree Eleanor, and it puts such a dampener on the start of your holiday when things like this happen. Here's hoping it won't last long!!
Old 07-09-2010, 22:59

Thanks for the link favie, did come across it an hour or so ago, but didnt take it all in then. Have done now, and hopefully it will be ok tomorrow.
However, have read on a couple of news sites, that the good old French may not be stopping their strike until Thursday, hence, all flights are showing a No Show until then.
Can someone explain why the French moaning about their pensions / retirement age has to mess up flights to Mallorca!!??
Can not do much more until tomorrow morning when we will check Easyjet site again for any updates. I hope Jaime holds the table for us! I think my son's phone has gone flat now as all gone silent for the past half an hour after his last txt saying there were no taxis available after so many flights being cancelled. First holiday he has had in ages.
Old 07-09-2010, 23:57

Don't know what's going on, but around lunchtime friend, with her father in tow, rang from the (I guess Liverpool) airport wanting to know the number for the Miramar. Their package break to Madrid had been cancelled, but there were flights available to Palma.
Got a text earlier this evening - 'sat in Coral dunking bread into the allioli and chomping on the olives (heaven!) - got fixed up at the Illa d'Or.'
Some substitute holiday!!!!

Last edited by clinkham; 08-09-2010 at 00:02. Reason: added - I guess Liverpool
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32

Just checked flights. At the moment everything seems to be ok, but its early so I will still be checking. I'm afraid I don't trust the French to have just given up their strike after just one day of disruption. Son's girlfriend has now gone back to Liverpool airport to get connectioin back to Gatwick, although I think if she hadnt been so quick off the mark to book it, she could have got a Gatwick flight today, but obviously couldn't take the chance of missing the interview.
I am going to need a good Mojito somwhere tonight - that's for sure!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:03

Yes Bella, just checked that link which has now been updated and no longer any mention of the strike so looking good for you now....Phew!! I know, you won't believe it 'til you actualy get there!! Enjoy that Mojito, or two!! Have a great time.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:04
Super Moderator

Typical of the French they don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, this time it's because the retirement age is going to rise from 60 to 62 .
Old 08-09-2010, 10:13

Yes, and frankly my dear...................!
Easyjet flights are showing as ok on their website, but my man on the spot says there are many cancellations and Palma Airport is not a very pleasant place to be at the moment. Even the Liverpool one at midnight is now showing delayed! Am about to phone Easyjet direct, as requested yesterday, to find out more.

And I thought my blog would start AFTER my holiday!!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:18
Super Moderator

Good luck Bella.....just think of how good that first Mojito is going to taste when you get here.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35

Oh yes! May well be visiting Colin's establishment later with son in tow!
Easyjet's Customer Service Experience Centre (you couldnt make it up could you!) have advised us that although they are experiencing some disruption, our flight is not affected. I will believe that when it takes off. But are we downhearted? Not on your life, whatever happens we will be there by tomorrow if not tonight - she says confidently with her fingers crossed!!
Old 08-09-2010, 19:47

Bella - tell that Stelios guy that you have organised a very important night out and just have to get there! On a more serious note - hope you get sorted, delays are terrible when you can do nothing
Old 08-09-2010, 20:39

Hope everything run smoothly for you.

Bernadette
Old 20-09-2010, 21:15

Well, back again! I will have to do a separate post on how we actually got to get over there - obviously it did not go smoothly! Unlike thank goodness, our Girls Night Out!
Unfortunately illness stopped us being a full quota - hope you were not too bad Rachel - but we did have a great meet up with the rest of us.
With Makassar not opening up until 9, thank goodness usandthewoof found that out earlier on, we all met for drinks at the Mirimar. Jo had been very good as it was her birthday, and took time out away from her hubby for a while to be with us. Hope the rest of the night was good Jo!
Other hubbys had also been discarded for the night, although my hubby and my daughters boyfriend joined us to start with for a drink before disappearing to Nacientes for a tapas or two. Lorenzo brought along a friend who hopefully wasn't totally confused with the conversations!
We then went to Nico's for tapas - with Lorenzo keeping an eye on the time so she wouldn't miss Elvis performing round the corner!
The mixture of tapas was great, and the Pollensa Poppets Russian Roulette of Padron Peppers was an interesting addition to the sedate evening (!!)
Thanks to all those who managed to turn up, it was great to meet new people and I hope we can expand on another evening when more are over at the same time.
Old 20-09-2010, 21:24

Bella - I was going to say I would have liked to be a fly on the wall but I WOULDN"T!!!! I really would have loved to have joined you all.

Look forward to the next date. I'm sure you all had a wonderful time. Well done Bella in organising it.
Old 20-09-2010, 23:58

Default Pollensa poppets

Yes it was really great to meet a few of the forum members and to put faces to names. Thanks for arranging it all!
After the lovely tapas at Neptuno, not only did we manage a few minutes at Mulligans to see Elvis strutting his stuff, we also caught the last half hour of The Hustlers at Hostal Paris. The wonderful jazz singer, Carol Kidd, also performed a couple of songs with them that night. A truly memorable evening!