Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2010, 08:09

Glad you had a great night Lorenzo.
Old 21-09-2010, 12:41

Cool Three strikes and we should all be out!

Couldn't really work out where to post some of our experiences, so will pop a couple of them here if thats ok.

It obviously started with the Strike One caused by the French wildcat strikes, which caused my son and his girlfriend problems and also us as previously posted.
We arrived at Gatwick after checking constantly on the internet about any strikes, then phoning just before we left. All seemed to be ok, although no promises were forthcoming.
When we arrived, the departure board kept flipping from delayed to on time which kept the pre excitement of holiday travel just buzzing ()!
We were finally called to the departure gate after about an hours delay - not too bad considering, we thought!
Sat down looking out of the window waiting for the EasyJet plane to arrive, and I was quite childishly happy when the plane turned up and more or less touched the window! I was actually thinking about waving at the pilots when suddenly, as if we had telepathically connected, he opened his side window, reached out as if to wave, then proded his nose cone a few times!! (Behave!)
Very odd. Anyway, suitcases were offloaded, and then the outgoing suitcases began to be loaded, then stopped.
A couple of minutes latter...

Strike Two
An announcement came over saying that the plane had been delayed and may not be in service as it had been struck by lightening on the way back from Palma!!
At that point there appeared no fewer than 8 bewildered looking officials in yellow jackets looking up at the nose cone and pointing at various areas. Really not a good sign.
We were then asked to change out departure gate and go to another plane which had just arrived from elsewhere. Total scramble obviously, but my main worry was that now some of the suitcases were on the disabled plane, and some on the tarmac and others on the travel bus. Hopefully they would all find themselves on the new plane.

Meanwhile, we had been in contact with my son, who had decided to wait for us at Palma. His girlfriend had managed to get the only available seat on a plane to Liverpool where she was then transferring onto Gatwick. Son had decided that as we were coming over he would stay until the Gatwick flights were available again. He ended up spending all day waiting for us, but kept the hire car for a few hours and drove round Palma then Consell before exploring every inch of Palma Airport!!

Three days later... my daughter and her boyfriend were due to arrive. Those few days should have been the peace and quiet hubby and I craved, but it obviously wasn't to be with son around!

Strike Three was back in the French court obviously. We drove son to airport in plenty of time for check in. No notice on board of any delay so after a quick coffee and a semi tearful goodbye, we watched him through security. Only then to get a text from daughter who was on the flight coming in that son would be going hom on, to say there was now a delay of about an hour at Gatwick!! Needless to say this went on for about 2 hours with updates being texted from Gatwick to Palma between the three of us.
Finally son saw daughter and boyfriend coming through arrivals; did the wave and kiss thing and off he went, and in they came! So we had spent yet another full day at Palma airport!!

Three days into our holiday and we had seen more of the flipping airport than the sky - let alone any sun! Kids eh! Who'd go on holiday with them!??
Old 21-09-2010, 14:37

Been there done it Thanks
Old 23-09-2010, 20:54

Smile Pollensa Poppets

Good evening ladies...apologies for delay in posting but my laptop has been having a moment

I do have to pass on thanks to BD for organising such a great little get together as it is always good to meet up with people who love the port as much as us.
Joelise...I do hope you enjoyed your birthday and thank you for giving up precious time to meet up
Lorenzo..again it was good to meet you and your friend, and I´m glad you got to take in the musical delights the port has to offer....
.... do let us know when you are all back as maybe we can sample some more tapas & vino

BD ...well done again a great night.
Old 23-09-2010, 21:28

Lovely to have you back on line again! Cant wait to get some really hot Padron Peppers next time - or we may have to raid Nicos chillie bush!
Old 23-09-2010, 21:46

It is good to be back ! Bagsy you go first with the chillis !! I believe the word is that the peppers get hotter in the winter, so maybe the Poppets should try a winter tasting session !! LOL !
Old 23-09-2010, 23:56

Default girls night out

Russian roulette with Pimientos del padron in October if you are up for it!
Will be back in PP 16 - 21st Oct if anyone fancies another getogether.