Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 21:36

I have been in touch by phone today. I spoke to the part owner who said she would need to speak to her partner and get him to email me tonight. As of yet I havent recieved anything. We will give it a few days and see if we now get a reply.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 23:11

This is just silly as what is there to speak about? They are either renting to you or not! You booked in good faith, sent the deposit and happy to send the balance. What is their problem? This attitude makes me very angry as it gives private renters a bad press! Perhaps you should suggest them returning your money and booking elsewhere. That should get them running to their key pad!! Do please keep up to date and good luck!
JMD40 likes this.
Old 04-07-2012, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
This is just silly as what is there to speak about? They are either renting to you or not! You booked in good faith, sent the deposit and happy to send the balance. What is their problem? This attitude makes me very angry as it gives private renters a bad press! Perhaps you should suggest them returning your money and booking elsewhere. That should get them running to their key pad!! Do please keep up to date and good luck!
It did seem a bit strange particularly as she suggested emailing aswell rather than calling back but we will wait and see.
Old 04-07-2012, 23:23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Hi,

I see that you have tried to contact the owners direct. If the telephone number is a mobile, do try sending a text as well & phoning at different times of day.

Although they not have any more contact details, have you also contacted the booking site & asked how long the advertisers have been with them? If you are concerned it is worth passing on that info to them in case they can help.

Have you also tried 'googling' the contact details & seeing if they advertise elsewhere? Just in case they are/or have advertised with us, do PM me & send me the link to the advert.
Lyndyloo have you sent a PM to Pollensa, giving her the details and link to the advert? .
Old 04-07-2012, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Lyndyloo have you sent a PM to Pollensa, giving her the details and link to the advert? .
No I am hoping I am worrying unneccessily
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44
Founder

Lindyloo, yYou mention that there is another part-owner & based on experience of other advertisers (where people share ownership of a property) I know this can be messy. Sometimes one of them answers the phone etc. & another does the admin. Also the person who you spoke to may not be that good with computers. It can get very frustrating as I've learnt in the past trying to contact advertisers.

Having said that, I would still phone them back & make sure that your rental is confirmed. If you want to PM me the details, please do.
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 05-07-2012, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Lindyloo, yYou mention that there is another part-owner & based on experience of other advertisers (where people share ownership of a property) I know this can be messy. Sometimes one of them answers the phone etc. & another does the admin. Also the person who you spoke to may not be that good with computers. It can get very frustrating as I've learnt in the past trying to contact advertisers.

Having said that, I would still phone them back & make sure that your rental is confirmed. If you want to PM me the details, please do.
Thank you. We have had a reply today and all is booked . Panic over. Thank you for all your help and advice.
Sparky, JMD40, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 05-07-2012, 22:11

Excellent news!

Two examples of a breakdown in communication in times where access should be better than any other time! Perhaps that is the problem. We have become so used to instant communication that when it doesn't happen we tend to think the worst. Thankfully all is well for both these renters and lets hope that the owners realise that they have caused unnecessary worry. Obviously we have no idea as to why there was a breakdown in communication and there may well be a very good reason. All is well which ends well!
Enjoy your holiday!
JMD40 likes this.
Old 05-07-2012, 22:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndyloo12 View Post
Thank you. We have had a reply today and all is booked . Panic over. Thank you for all your help and advice.
So pleased that once again this forum was able to help .
Old 06-07-2012, 12:38

Eleanor,
I think you have hit the nail on the head. If you work with computers or use them regurlarly you expect a fairly instant reply but trust me this is not the case. I often receive what seems to be urgent email from clients desperate to check availability for certain dates, I immediately reply with options and fall on a blank. I sometimes chase up after 4 or 5 days of silence and then receive a reply after a week when they start the whole process over again, maybe for a different date or different property. Many people check their emails once a week over the weekend and thats it! I have been trying to sign a deal for a long term rental for 2 months now but the client goes 7 - 10 days with silence where myself and the owners are left wondering whether the deal has fallen through and then we receive a message which shows continuing interest. Infuriating but its the name of the game..... I try to always reply almost immediately but not everyone is the same., however I personally still find it unprofessional and maybe a little inconsiderate.
lollipop and eleanor like this.
Old 06-07-2012, 13:59

So glad that you both got it sorted out, hope you both have a great holiday.
LK1960 likes this.