Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree114Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2017, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
Sunbeds and shades on Pine Walk are 22 Euros. You have a problem seeing the sea and finding a space to move your chairs around . A lot of my friends are boycotting and falling out with P.Pollenca because of the spoilt view of the beach
and having to pay over £110 just to sit on beach for the week. Mainland charges and other islands under £10 per day. Sorry to moan but I hope everyone refuses to use them and pay this ridiculous price.
Don't know what 'other islands' you refer to but paid €15 per day at the beach in Punta Prima, Menorca, last month.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 14:35

First day on the beach yesterday after arriving on Saturday. Beach is wonderful, clean as always, sun beds and parasols in top condition and the sea a perfect temperature. It was the first time our 5 month old has ever seen the sea or been on a beach and he was smiling his little head off!

€15 a day is fair for what you get and our 4 year old loves the new slide / playground at the Swing end of the beach.

It's great to see (presumably) the council investing in things like this.

The big question is how old does Jr have to be before we can go on the inflatable island?(naturally it's for him, not me!)
pansy potter likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 15:31

I see that on parts of Formentor beach sunbeds are 50 Euros a pair for the day, or 75 Euros if you prefer the more comfy Balinese versions.

Two weeks would cost over a thousand Euros.

My father (God rest his soul) would have passed out. He begrudged paying more than a pound for a cup of tea!
El Gordo and Rosie34 like this.
Old 13-07-2017, 17:11

I've just read a posting on the TA forum that on the Pine Walk beach people were being told to vacate the sunbeds at 6pm, as this was the end of the rental period. They contractors apparently wanted to stack and secure the beds. The writer claims that people protested to the council and the period was extended to 8pm.

I don't know how true all this is but it seems rather harsh.
LK1960 likes this.
Old 13-07-2017, 18:16

It could well be correct as the beach guys have to leave the beach tidy overnight as per the new beach contract. They obviously can't work all night.
Old 13-07-2017, 20:11

Whilst we were out there last month I looked at the beds and brollies just past C'an Pescador. These are 22 euros and have the same beds but strange umbrellery type structures that really need a haircut. They were pretty close to each other too. I did though like the small safe that is attached to the central pillar and can be used for 1 euro.
Old 14-07-2017, 19:34

Default Sunbeds and umbrellas

I must say I was amazed at the price hike last year. It is a beach resort, we spend every day there. Some may think we are pathetic but it is what we do; sit on the beach and read, all day, every day, enjoying the warmth. We do it in Greece and Thailand as well, every year. After 30 visits to PP we are going to call it a day. Three weeks at 22 Euros a day adds up, especially with the current exchange rate. Three years ago in Nerja it was 8.50 Euros.

I am afraid that families will not return, as we did, we had four children so that would have been 6 beds and three umbrellas. Families with two children could be paying 44 Euros a day. They won't come back. As I said, it is a beach resort.

Shame, we love the place for its beauty and tranquility and the vast choice of restaurants.
joey36 likes this.
Old 14-07-2017, 21:24
Super Moderator

Just to point out that on the South sandy beach the price is 15€.
lollipop likes this.
Old 15-07-2017, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
I must say I was amazed at the price hike last year. It is a beach resort, we spend every day there. Some may think we are pathetic but it is what we do; sit on the beach and read, all day, every day, enjoying the warmth. We do it in Greece and Thailand as well, every year. After 30 visits to PP we are going to call it a day. Three weeks at 22 Euros a day adds up, especially with the current exchange rate. Three years ago in Nerja it was 8.50 Euros.

I am afraid that families will not return, as we did, we had four children so that would have been 6 beds and three umbrellas. Families with two children could be paying 44 Euros a day. They won't come back. As I said, it is a beach resort.

Shame, we love the place for its beauty and tranquility and the vast choice of restaurants.
I totally agree the prices for villas, apartments and hotels are rising at an astonishing rate. The cost of almost £20 per day for beds and brollies on the beach is definitely driving people from this fantastic resort. If they want people to come to the port and bring income in the form jobs in tourism then they should not bite the hand that feeds them.
joey36 likes this.
Old 15-07-2017, 12:50

Totally agree it's a beach resort, It is ridiculous what they are charging.
Is it due to the council over charging the bed/brolly company for the lease or is it greed on behalf of the bed/brolly company.
Out of curiosity what is Alcudia and other resorts charging.
joey36 likes this.
Old 15-07-2017, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemallorca View Post
I see that on parts of Formentor beach sunbeds are 50 Euros a pair for the day, or 75 Euros if you prefer the more comfy Balinese versions.

Two weeks would cost over a thousand Euros.
Looking at the prices on airbnb it can cost less per day to rent an apartment !!

screen grab:

Last edited by Mark; 15-07-2017 at 16:08.
Old 15-07-2017, 16:53

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn as a newbie here, but I really don't understand the concern about the price of sun loungers.

It's a public beach, that's free to go on, that has lifeguards, has free parking, has toilets, you can take your own food and drink, is clean and appears to be swept each day, the sunloungers and parasols are kept in good condition and most importantly if you don't want to use the sunbeds nobody is stopping you from taking a towel and lying on the sand. If you don't like the price then vote with your feet and dont use them. If enough people agree with you they'll reassess, if not they won't.

I'm not saying that €15 is a trivial sum but I think it's good value for what you get. No doubt you would pay less in other resorts, but you can say that about most things in PP. We don't come here because it's cheap, but because it's beautiful with a wonderful beach, great restaurants, fantastic people and so on.
Old 15-07-2017, 17:54

You could go to Bournemouth and pay £15 for two deckchairs with a parasol if you prefer, I think that makes the beds her about the same price. You also have to pay a £15 deposit , here no deposit.
LK1960, Tommo and HarrysDad like this.
Old 15-07-2017, 20:30

Im pretty sure 2 sunbeds and a brolly are £30 for the day in Swanage I will check next time I go

We of course take our own things there I do agree PP beach is very well looked after Always clean,tidy, and for us there is nowhere like it Buying a couple of fold up beds and an umbrella must be a better option for some people with children Im sure

We will be paying 15 a day when we are out in September again Im sure !
LK1960, Tommo and HarrysDad like this.
Old 16-07-2017, 16:54

As sun lovers who aren't bothered with parasols, we frequent the beech across from Sea Bar.is or the Uyal. Sunbeds at €5 each per day doesn't seem remotely unreasonable to me.
Closed Thread