Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 14:16

Unhappy Bad experience in PP last year

I had nearly forgotten about this which happened last October, but as we hoping to visit again next month, I just hope nothing similar happens again!

We were renting an apartment on Pine Walk and parked the car in a street at the back - we done this type of thing many times and have never ever had any problems. PP is such a lovely quiet place, you never anticipate anything like this. We went to the car in the morning and the window was half way down and somebody had deliberatley vomited all over the inside of the car! You can imagine what a mess. We were directed to a friendly valet company who could not do it till Monday so we had to drive all the way back to Palma airport in stinking car in order to change it - and then had to pay 80 euros to the car hire company as I don't think they believed we had not done it ourselves! I suppose I was bit naive thinking the insurance would cover it!

I just never imagined experiencing this sort of 'vandalism' in PP and just hope its not a sign of things to come!

But we still Love the place.

Rosie
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 17:57

I think this sort of experience is not very common in PP.

Sounds like a visitor caused the problem rather than a resident.

BUT we should not be complacent. Over the recent years we have had reports of the odd mugging, burglary etc but generally speaking I think PP is a wonderful safe place in comparison to other places and indeed home!!!

Lets hope that the family atmosphere is not destroyed by loutish behaviour of a few and that the hotels who are finding it hard at the moment dont start to market the resort to the 18 to 30 brigade!!.

Also with the current world financial problems there will be a lot of people, especially immigrants who are, apparently, allowed in to Mallorca but are not granted work visas and therefore unemployed and in dire financial circumstances.

However, I don't think you should be worried.

Take care as you would do at home and you should not have a problem.

My FlickR Photos
Old 07-03-2009, 18:23

Hi Gordon

I do agree with you in the hope that they dont try to make PP into another southern Mallorca type of resort (not to mention names of course!) - but the atmosphere hasn't changed over the years (only thing is they keep closing down or moving our fave restaurants!) and hopefully our incident was a 'one off'. We still can't understand why someone would go to so much trouble to force a car window down - and wait till they had done it to puke! Yuk!

Rosie
Old 08-03-2009, 08:55

I cant see PP appealing the 18-30 brigade (I must admit I was one myself many moons ago although I well behaved one) as there is not enough nightlife for them - long may that continue
Old 08-03-2009, 19:49

Not quite sure how Hola can tell its visitors and not locals?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01

You are quite right Tom....

I was just giving my opinion from the experience we have had over the years of the locals in PP!!

Trying to reassure people that this was unusual.

My FlickR Photos