Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree403Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2021, 12:51

Default good news re testing Spanish Government caps price

ok so here is some good news Published today

A PCR test may not cost more than 75 euros , and an antigen test will have its price limited to 30 euros as of tomorrow , after the Government yesterday approved a decree law that modifies the Public Health law in order to be able to maintain the measures to control the pandemic, such as the curfew or limitations on social gatherings, as announced yesterday by President Francina Armengol . In addition, the Executive reserves the possibility of setting groups for which vaccination is mandatory .
The above i have copied from an article published today this is what they did with masks the most can be charged for a mask here is 90 cents .Just need UK government to the same action and together with vaccine roll out and reasonable price testing we can all stay safe
Tangoman likes this.

Last edited by fil6699; 11-05-2021 at 12:57.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2021, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
nor did I lol
Nor did I?
Old 11-05-2021, 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Hi Gommar Goffer, thanks for the info. re Restaurants & Bars.

We usually try to work our way through a varied selection of Bars/Restautants when in PP, and in no particular order. But as a guideline, the following list are normally included, again in no particular order:-

Laroc, Hibiscus, Centric, Hostal Bahia, Uno, (Tango - If Only!!), Ambrosia, Nostalgia, Alfresco (use it a lot), different ones in the square, and, this year again, if it is has been reopened as previously reported, Bar Neptuno (best tapas in PP in the old days, loved it). There was also one on the seafront, name escapes me, but he had a photograph on the wall years back, which showed "Snow" on the beach around 1934 or so.

This year staying in The Miramar, what is their cuisine like, anybody know?
I am so envious of you staying at The Miramar! We really enjoyed meals there. We had lunch several times as just across from the sunterrace. It was a reasonable price and for well presented food.
Their breakfasts were good but I think the buffet service will be suspended at the moment. Staff were all lovely.

We always enjoyed going to Marcs(Nicos), Ambrosia Nostalgia and Guru!
Tangoman likes this.
Old 11-05-2021, 19:34

It’s being reported that the Spanish tourism minister has just said the requirement for negative PCR tests to enter Spain is being removed for Brits from 20th May as long as covid rates here remain so low.

The only site carrying the story at the moment is the telegraph so it’s behind a paywall but here you go anyway:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...ortugal-tests/

With unsubstantiated rumours that the Balearics will go on the green list in June it’s starting to look good for our holiday in July.

Fingers crossed anyway
Tangoman likes this.
Old 11-05-2021, 20:39

Todays Mallorca Daily Bulletin also reporting good news for British tourists, here :
https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...s-britons.html

Do read the next post........

Last edited by clinkham; 11-05-2021 at 20:52. Reason: Update
Old 11-05-2021, 20:51

OOps! I think I must 'step back' (currently in vogue terminology ) from my previous comment. On re-reading the article and finding the readers comments below it, all in the garden seems not to be rosy.

I defer to those who seem to have more knowledge than me on the subject.
Old 11-05-2021, 21:49

So apparently we can go to Spain (under amber restrictions) on 17 May but will not be allowed in until 20 May?? This post Pandemic / Brexit diary management still needs some working out .......
Old 12-05-2021, 11:08

The Govt in the UK has published a list of approved test providers for people wishing to travel overseas. In our area, the South West, every provider was charging in excess of £200 per test. IMO this is excessive, particularly for families. Even if Majorca moves to the green section, these charges will still apply.
Old 12-05-2021, 14:02

Wink

[QUOTE=animagic21 In our area, the South West, every provider was charging in excess of £200 per test. IMO this is excessive, particularly for families. Even if Majorca moves to the green section, these charges will still apply.[/QUOTE]

I did laugh at you restrained description of a £200 charge re the test.

Had I been reporting on that, the language I would have used to describe it would have seen Madam " S " foaming at the mouth and a swift ban being issued.

Leaving out the obvious expletives, I think "Rip off " is the term that best sums it up..
animagic21 likes this.
Old 12-05-2021, 15:41

I'm going to wait and assess the whole situation in June. The queues at the airports could be extremely long on return at least. This might be the year I load up my van and drive down with some nice furniture and pictures to tart the house up.
Old 12-05-2021, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
The Govt in the UK has published a list of approved test providers for people wishing to travel overseas. In our area, the South West, every provider was charging in excess of £200 per test. IMO this is excessive, particularly for families. Even if Majorca moves to the green section, these charges will still apply.
Be careful with some of these 'approved' providers, some are just collecting money and not sending any test kits out.

Do some goggling and check reviews of any testing company you are considering using and pay with a credit card so you have a chance of claiming the money back.
Old 12-05-2021, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Be careful with some of these 'approved' providers, some are just collecting money and not sending any test kits out.

Do some goggling and check reviews of any testing company you are considering using and pay with a credit card so you have a chance of claiming the money back.
If you have a clinic not to far from you who are doing PCR tests with fit to fly certificates it is best to attend and let them take the test for you . It eliminates any postal issues and also the chance of a non conclusive test which can happen if you are not accurate when taking the PCR test.
Specially as this with the fit to fly certificate is needed within 72 hours its the safest way to make sure you get your result in time for your flight. almost all send by email within 24 hours .
Old 12-05-2021, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
I'm going to wait and assess the whole situation in June. The queues at the airports could be extremely long on return at least. This might be the year I load up my van and drive down with some nice furniture and pictures to tart the house up.
I did that last year.....its prob not as simple anymore, post Brexit!
Old 12-05-2021, 19:47

Boots charged us £120 each at Christmas but see they are now £99

They also have a lot more stores doing them We used them because they did them for you and sent the tests to the Lab by Courier so less chance of them being lost

We have transferred our flights to PP to next June today and cancelled the apartment within the no charge for cancellation time We just didnt want to wait till the next review and find Spain was still in Amber and quarantine was needed
fil6699 likes this.
Old 14-05-2021, 18:08

Does anyone know if, as reported in the MDB this week, that UK tourists will be allowed into Mallorca from the 20th May (fil is normally knowledgeable in these matters). I have a vested interested as have a flight booked for the 17th and wonder if it is worth transferring to 20th as EZY have flights going from LGW on both dates? Any feedback would be much appreciated