Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree403Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2021, 02:42

An acquaintance of mine has told me that the Capri, on the front, has been open since the middle of April and that the Playa Mar is planning to open on the 21st of this month
Tangoman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2021, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Just spoke today with someone who lives/lived in PP, and they informed me that they reckon that up to 50% of the restaurants and bars are now opening, but that very, very few of the hotels have opened so far.

I would be very interested to hear from some of you guys/gals that live there, and hear your opinions on opening rates?
Tangoman - it is probably easier to say which ones haven't opened yet. any specific ones you want to know about?
Old 11-05-2021, 09:08

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that no one is saying we can't travel to Spain in May? I mean, if I wasn't looking at this site of PP on FB, then I'd have absolutely no reason to think I couldn't travel after the 17th May and go through the quarantine process.

It would be a right shock to land in Palma and be told to go back where you came from!

I reckon there will be a few stories in the press next week.
Carol and Tangoman like this.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that no one is saying we can't travel to Spain in May? I mean, if I wasn't looking at this site of PP on FB, then I'd have absolutely no reason to think I couldn't travel after the 17th May and go through the quarantine process.

It would be a right shock to land in Palma and be told to go back where you came from!

The Spanish government are saying you can't , please read fil6699's post above.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:40

Quote:

You will be refused boarding without the papers .they are checked at check in and again at the gate, I am telling you this from experience , All the airlines are checking that people have the correct papers to be allowed entry into the country they are flying to so worst case would be a wasted visit to the airport.
Please do not get your information from Facebook or social media .Please check official government website for up to date information,
Sharonh, Sparky, Tommo and 1 others like this.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:06
Super Moderator

A possible change , https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...spain-may.html
fil6699 and HarrysDad like this.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:08

Smile

Hi Gommar Goffer, thanks for the info. re Restaurants & Bars.

We usually try to work our way through a varied selection of Bars/Restautants when in PP, and in no particular order. But as a guideline, the following list are normally included, again in no particular order:-

Laroc, Hibiscus, Centric, Hostal Bahia, Uno, (Tango - If Only!!), Ambrosia, Nostalgia, Alfresco (use it a lot), different ones in the square, and, this year again, if it is has been reopened as previously reported, Bar Neptuno (best tapas in PP in the old days, loved it). There was also one on the seafront, name escapes me, but he had a photograph on the wall years back, which showed "Snow" on the beach around 1934 or so.

This year staying in The Miramar, what is their cuisine like, anybody know?
Old 11-05-2021, 10:13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Gommar Goffer, thanks for the info. re Restaurants & Bars.

We usually try to work our way through a varied selection of Bars/Restautants when in PP, and in no particular order. But as a guideline, the following list are normally included, again in no particular order:-

Laroc, Hibiscus, Centric, Hostal Bahia, Uno, (Tango - If Only!!), Ambrosia, Nostalgia, Alfresco (use it a lot), different ones in the square, and, this year again, if it is has been reopened as previously reported, Bar Neptuno (best tapas in PP in the old days, loved it). There was also one on the seafront, name escapes me, but he had a photograph on the wall years back, which showed "Snow" on the beach around 1934 or so.

This year staying in The Miramar, what is their cuisine like, anybody know?
Hibiscus, Centric, Ambrosia, Nostalgia all definitely open .
Old 11-05-2021, 10:18

We flew to Lanzarote at Christmas with everything present and correct but many people at the Airport were waiting for their test results to come through !

Think it would be a good idea if they said here "Providing entry to the country you wish to travel to allows entry " My husband speaks Spanish and keeps up to date with everything

Compared to France and italy Spain is doing well with their infection rate

We are trying to change our flights at present but impossible to get through on the phone Have read on a Facebook group ( Tui Complaints !!) that some people have sat on the phone for 4 hours If you book a flight online you cant change it online only a holiday It would save themselves so much work if they could sort this out
Old 11-05-2021, 10:34

Thanks Sparky. Just remembered the name of the seafront restaurant, Iru!! Briiliant food and service.

Also liked Na Ruixa, and C'an Pescador??
Old 11-05-2021, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
The Spanish government are saying you can't , please read fil6699's post above.
I was having a conversation with him!

The point I'm making is... that here in the UK, no one is telling me I can't go.....nothing in the press or EasyJet website. They just want me to check in. There will be a lot of people who don't check the Government website.

Last edited by Rockape; 11-05-2021 at 11:34.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:54

I'm full of questions this morning; just means we're hopeful of getting to PP this year.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to bring our own NHS Rapid Antigen test, and have it administered at a local PP Clinic, with a printed result from them to show at the airport(Palma) on way home. If so it may be cheaper than buying them at Alcudia Hospital - I ask as we have at least 11 in our party, hoprfully 14, so ciuld be substantial savings?
Tommo likes this.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:15

Quote:
I'm full of questions this morning; just means we're hopeful of getting to PP this year.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to bring our own NHS Rapid Antigen test, and have it administered at a local PP Clinic, with a printed result from them to show at the airport(Palma) on way home. If so it may be cheaper than buying them at Alcudia Hospital - I ask as we have at least 11 in our party, hoprfully 14, so ciuld be substantial savings?
At the moment you need a PCR test and fit to fly certificate to enter and also the same again to re enter UK and then the day 2 and day 8 pcr tests. The UK Government have already said you cannot use NHS tests for this
my advice would be to wait until the border is open and then look at the exact requirements from the UK and Spanish governments . I doubt you will be able to bring test out and have them administered here because you need the fit to fly certificates . Just now its a mess and expensive but remember very few people are traveling , I am sure once the boarder is open things will be clearer .
Tangoman likes this.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was having a conversation with him!

The point I'm making is... that here in the UK, no one is telling me I can't go.....nothing in the press or EasyJet website. They just want me to check in. There will be a lot of people who don't check the Government website.
My apologies, i didn't realise it was a private conversation .
Old 11-05-2021, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
My apologies, i didn't realise it was a private conversation .
nor did I lol