Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2010, 08:32

We use Jet2 alot and, as yet, have not tried to book the free seats (note, not shouting) but if they are like most airlines they have to be careful over their costs and if they can make a buck or two, they will. Whilst they are getting more costly, make the most of it because within a short while the realm of very low cost flights will be over and to be fair, Jet2 are normally the cheapest from Leeds of all the operators, like for like.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 15:03

Booked flights today with Jet 2 & managed to get a free flight with my points, though did notice that they now charge per person for allocating seat's & also almost £50 for paying by credit card, neither of which they used to charge for. Also there only seems to be one free flight place per flight & not many, if any free return flights. Therefore making it almost impossible to spend more than 600 points per one round trip. Because the points you earn per booking expire within two years you would think any you use would be taken off the ones you earned longest ago. This is not the case, as say you earned 600 points in January 2009, 600 points in January 2010 & you gained another 600 points by booking a flight in November 2010 but used 600 points in that booking for a free flight, that would give you a balance of 1200 points. Because they do it on a points earned, points used basis you would lose 600 points in January 2011 because of expiry of points gained in January 2009, taking you back to 600 points. Hope that made sense.

Last edited by mwc; 05-11-2010 at 15:06.
Old 05-11-2010, 20:32

I learnt about this free flight / air miles con several years ago when British Midland introduced their own credit card with a blaze of publicity about earning free flights with BMI Baby. I to was nieve enough to get two cards, one for me and one for the wife and to use them all through the year until we both had more than enough points for our flights to Palma but guess what - Palma was not included in the free flights on offer. All you could get was the unsociable hours flights to places nobody wanted to go to. In the end we lost the points and cancelled the cards. Nothing Changes !!!!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44

I reported J2 to Trading Standards eventually after getting nowhere with their 'customer service'. Trading Standards had a meeting with J2 who told them that I had been trying to book the free flight too soon and they were only available from 9 months before flying. ( I had originally been told that all the free flights had gone on that flight) Then they changed their mind and wrote to Trading Standards and said that this was not correct and that you should book early and that the first information was correct. To cut a very very long story short, I wrote to J2 again in September and included in the letter were these questions:

Were all the loyalty seats taken on the flight (12 May 2011)?

Was I trying to book too early?

Was I trying to book too late?

Needless to say, they have not replied.

I have booked flights for next October and although there was an option to redeem my points on a flight - it worked out cheaper to go the next day on the full price (£5.99). And I agree, the add-ons are unbelievable - like the 22kg baggage allowance - it was 17k but I think when J2 realised that we wee all managing at that allowance, they increased the allowance but charge so much for the bags, that it equates to excess baggage anyway! All a con. But the it is more convenient for us to fly from our local airport so have to grin (not) and bear it.
Old 08-11-2010, 22:57

Ah brilliant.....some more "fallout".

There's no such thing as a FREE lunch!

Being serious, there are always going to be strings attached and limited availability for these types of "free" deals. I've long since given up with the "too good to be true" offers.....best to pay up and be in control.

D
Old 17-02-2011, 12:19

Default jet2

Is this airline better than ryanair and /or easyjet ? At least yoiu can book seats together in advance ? what are aircraft/staff like ?