Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2010, 14:17

Default Furious with Jet2

I received an email from Jet2 last week with with the wonderful news that I now had 640 loyalty points and qualified for a free flight. As I was about to book flights for next year, I started the process but after selecting the flights I kept getting a message onscreen saying I hadnt selected my free flight and did I want to continue. Despite all my efforts I could not find any way to select the 'free' flight. So in desperation I phoned the customer services number to be told that the reason was that all the 'free' seats must have been taken on that flight. There is no mention on the site about limits on the number of seats available to use with loyalty points. And we are talking about booking nearly a year in advance! You only have 2 years to redeem these so-called loyalty points so if you cannot find a 'free' flight in that time - you lose them. Total catch22 situation. I have written to the MD as well as customer services but dont expect any help. Problem is now that I've booked our accommodation and now feel I just dont want to deal with Jet2 anymore but finding alternative convenient flights is proving a nightmare, eg one flight from Doncaster for 2 is nearly £500 and thats before the usual add-ons and an 8am flight back from Palma! I am furious and frustrated!!
Sponsored Links
Old 14-06-2010, 21:24

Default 'Free flights'

Yes I can share you feelings of frustration - but in my case with Flybe. I've tried several times to book my free flight, only to be kept waiting in a phone queue for ages. When I eventually got through after several attempts, I discovered that none of the flights to Palma seemed to be available. Eventually the operator found one in October and then helpfully told me that they were already available on line on a 'taxes only' basis so he suggested that I should just book on line rather than lose my 'free flight' bonus. When I looked on line, this was not the case.
So far I haven't even wanted to phone again and get in that wretched phone queue!
Old 14-06-2010, 21:36

Seems like all the airlines are as bad as each other - not content with the airport taxes/baggage/seat selection/online check-in charges, they rip you off with the so-called free flights. I received a 'refund' for a return flight from Palma in May - we had to book a flight back with a different airline to a different airport as they couldnt fly because of the ash - but the refund was nothing like what it should have been - IMO. and no breakdown of how it was calculated either.
Old 15-06-2010, 11:10

British Airways are just as bad. In my view "Airmiles" are a waste of time. We collected alot over the years but found that they were almost impossible to use. On calling the Airmiles number they said that the seats are let out 11 months in advance and with the popular routes they are gone in minutes. I tried to book a flight at 9am 11months in advance only to find that they had all gone just after midnight. Added to that my wife had 250,000 airmiles wiped from her account because she hadn't flown with BA for 3 years. If you do manage to get a "free flight" you then realize that it is not free at all. For economy flights it is probably cheaper to use a budget airline than use airmiles. They are certainly not our favourite airline.
Old 25-07-2010, 18:35

Default Jet 2 Non Customer Service - beware brio watches

On my way over via Jet 2 I realised I did not have a cheap watherproof watch with me and so I purchased one of the Brio watches they sell for £10 and claim to come with a and are sold as waterproof to 10m

I wore it for 4 hours, some of the time in the pool ( but didn't actually submerge it ) ...... watch stopped

Tried to get it exchanged or money refunded on the plane .......... they didn't want to know because I didn't have the receipt they insisted they gave me but I don;t ever remember receiving .......... but I paid with my credit card so they must have a record somewhere. I now have to appeal to Customer Services and don;t really hold up much hope ...... but will try just out of principle

Oh and just to make things worse , the watch came in a sealed box which I didn't open until I was off the plane ( I looked at their sample one ) and guess what , no guaruntee paperwork in the box.

Maybe I have just been unlucky and these watches are fit for purpose and mine was a dud but anyone else buying one should insist on a receipt and keep it
Old 26-07-2010, 21:07

Thumbs down

HI CD,

It's not a dud. I bought 3 of these Brio watches on an easy jet flight in February for me and the two kids. All of them stopped working within a few days!! Son managed to pop his watch face right out of the strap!! They are obviously rubbish. I noticed that Argos are selling very similar ones for £5 in lovely colours under the brand "Identity" but they don't say they are waterproof. I also only bought them as I thought they would be great for the beach/swimming etc. Anyway , I have to say I didn't bother to try and get my money back but won't bother again!

Car
Old 27-07-2010, 10:34

I bought one of these Brio watches as a present for my Grandson and one of the buttons would not work on the back. I have returned it, under the terms of the warranty, to Brio. That was approx 3 weeks ago and not heard a dicky bird yet.

Thanks for reminding me to follow up what has happened to it.
Old 17-09-2010, 21:12

Angry Update on J2

After getting nowhere with writing to Jet 2 I contacted Trading Standards who contacted them and eventually met with them this week. The J2 representative admitted that they had given me the wrong information, and the reason I could not use my loyalty points was because I was trying to book too far in advance - 11 months when the earliest you can redeem loyalty points is 9 months in advance - although nowhere on their site does it give this information. Today I got another call from Trading Standards to say that J2 had contacted them to now say that this was the wrong information and that the information I'd originally been given, ie that all the seats were taken or that the flight was at an exceptionally busy time (12 May 2011??) was the correct reason. Words fail me. To put it politely, this is ,to say the very least, a very unprofessional way to run a business. Trading Standards say there is nothing more they can do - I could sue them but then they could blacklist me and then I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. You couldnt write the script could you
Old 17-09-2010, 21:46

if you log into your my jet2 account before booking a flight you can then open a tab which shows you what flights are available to be used with points. I use jet2 all time and the points are handy but like all airlines free seats are not available on every flight just have to be lucky. after all they are FREE
Old 18-09-2010, 07:16

Is the tab a new thing? It certainly wasnt there when I was booking in June - just directed me to redeem my points! And in all the meetings etc with Trading Standards, this was never mentioned. And although they are classed as 'free' - I reckon we have earned them - with the exorbitant taxes, hold luggage charges, checking in charges, surcharges for credit cards etc etc - apart from all the flights paid for! What annoys me most is that they have changed their 'story' so many times and backtracked and simply 'not been honest with the truth'.
Old 18-09-2010, 08:21

Also, forgot to say - there is no need to 'shout' - I can read 'free' perfectly well thank you
Old 18-09-2010, 08:39

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
I bought one of these Brio watches as a present for my Grandson and one of the buttons would not work on the back. I have returned it, under the terms of the warranty, to Brio. That was approx 3 weeks ago and not heard a dicky bird yet.

Thanks for reminding me to follow up what has happened to it.
Update:

Out of the blue I received a package with no explanation or apology but a brand new Brio watch to replace the faulty one - RESULT

Oh, and by the way I have also swam in mine and it's still ticking away, must have been lucky and got a decent one.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 18-09-2010 at 08:43.
Old 19-09-2010, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Also, forgot to say - there is no need to 'shout' - I can read 'free' perfectly well thank you
ouch
Old 19-09-2010, 21:52

Mm! I thought fil6699 was only trying to be helpful.
Old 20-09-2010, 00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansclan View Post
Mm! I thought fil6699 was only trying to be helpful.
I was