Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2021, 18:47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Could someone advise me:- Do we need PCR Tests before we return to UK?

We have both been double jabbed.

Also, where can we get the tests locally in PP, and how much do they cost.

Thanks.

The smile is because we are going to PP!!!!!!!
Info here https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com...avirus-20.html and tests cost 30€.
lollipop and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 09-07-2021 at 18:50.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-07-2021, 09:29

We arrived yesterday from Gatwick under the new regime.

Covid vaccination was checked at Gatwick by easyJet staff.
At Palma the only check was for the QR code.

We arrived at terminal A and the electronic gates were available. After the gates there was an immigration desk where one guy was just stamping passports without scanning them.

It was all very quick, but it was busy.

Taxi queue was enormous.

.... and the sun was shining!
Old 18-07-2021, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
We arrived yesterday from Gatwick under the new regime.

Covid vaccination was checked at Gatwick by easyJet staff.
At Palma the only check was for the QR code.

We arrived at terminal A and the electronic gates were available. After the gates there was an immigration desk where one guy was just stamping passports without scanning them.

It was all very quick, but it was busy.

Taxi queue was enormous.

.... and the sun was shining!
We were through quickly just like you via electronic passport gate all passports quickly stamped, 2 stamping on Wednesday 7th.

At the QR end all passengers were scanned and I was pinged to have my Vaccination Certificate details all checked in seconds.

Well organised. From wheels touching tarmac to picking up car all done in an hour.

PP is now busy.
charlotte, Sharonh, Sparky and 3 others like this.
Old 20-07-2021, 16:51

Spain has now changed the timeframe for the PCR test for unvaccinated passengers. It now has to be taken within 72 hours of arrival whereas previously it was 48 hours.

This makes it a lot easier as many test sites only give a result within 48 hours.
Sharonh and MalcolmS like this.
Old 24-07-2021, 07:54

Arrived at airport early evening...thru' passport and QR Covid check in 5mins. The airport staff were excellent.
LK1960 and Lorenzo like this.
Old 19-09-2021, 13:14

First of all, apologies Sparky if this post is in the wrong place.
We are hoping to arrive in Palma on 5/10 for a 2 week stay in PP.
I am having nightmares about the Spanish Health Form & Passenger Locator Form.
The Internet can be unreliable in Palma Airport. How can we ensure the QR code on the Locator form on our phones will work? We’re fairly good with technology but not perfect. If we take a screenshot of both forms, will the QR code still work?!
So far we have had one holiday with TUI cancelled, but managed to re arrange another completely independently.
The stress of arriving after 2 years away is difficult. Have missed PP so much but now wondering if it will ever happen!!
Hopefully will be able to meet our many friends & acquaintances!! If not I know it’s not the end of the world…..But the blue, twinkling sea is calling me….
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 19-09-2021, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
The Internet can be unreliable in Palma Airport. How can we ensure the QR code on the Locator form on our phones will work? We’re fairly good with technology but not perfect. If we take a screenshot of both forms, will the QR code still work?!
So far we have had one holiday with TUI cancelled, but managed to re arrange another completely independently.
The stress of arriving after 2 years away is difficult. Have missed PP so much but now wondering if it will ever happen!!
Hopefully will be able to meet our many friends & acquaintances!! If not I know it’s not the end of the world…..But the blue, twinkling sea is calling me….
If you print the QR Code from the Spanish PLF and your NHS Vaccinations you are doubly ready for entry without a problem.
animagic21, Lorenzo and MalcolmS like this.
Old 19-09-2021, 14:15
Administrator

Quote:
Hi
We took screenshots of our QR codes and they worked okay.

I would leave the email open which the QR came in,take the screenshot and also print if possible. At least that's everything covered

You'll have the best time when you get here
animagic21 and Bootledodger like this.
Old 19-09-2021, 16:47

Arrived today and have travelled several times in the last 18 months. My advice is that if you are not confident with your phone print out the QR code from the e mail that SpTH send you. You cannot fill this form out until 48 hrs before departure and you need you seat numbers to complete. Also your vaccine certificate from the NHS app or a paper copy. Some airlines require you to download these documents before you print your boarding pass out. It is well worth the hassle and effort of jumping through all the hoops to get here. Just to say Palma airport was busy when we arrived at lunchtime but no queues. Through electronic passport gates then to a desk where they stamp your passport. No queue to ‘zap’ your QR code. No one asked about vaccine certificates. Out to pick our car up and on our way in 50 minutes from landing. In our apartment deciding on where to eat tonight!
Sharonh, PP76, animagic21 and 3 others like this.
Old 19-09-2021, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Arrived today and have travelled several times in the last 18 months. My advice is that if you are not confident with your phone print out the QR code from the e mail that SpTH send you. You cannot fill this form out until 48 hrs before departure and you need you seat numbers to complete. Also your vaccine certificate from the NHS app or a paper copy. Some airlines require you to download these documents before you print your boarding pass out. It is well worth the hassle and effort of jumping through all the hoops to get here. Just to say Palma airport was busy when we arrived at lunchtime but no queues. Through electronic passport gates then to a desk where they stamp your passport. No queue to ‘zap’ your QR code. No one asked about vaccine certificates. Out to pick our car up and on our way in 50 minutes from landing. In our apartment deciding on where to eat tonight!
We’ve been lucky enough to have had three trips so far this year. It’s a breeze, honestly. All the advice above is spot on. Hope you have a lovely time!
PP76, animagic21 and Lorenzo like this.
Old 19-09-2021, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Gosh I'm a wee bit envious....I think I would be struggling to choose! Perhaps Marc's Restaurant or Ambrosia after a slow amble along the Pine Walk and up to the Square!
animagic21 likes this.
Old 19-09-2021, 20:58

#66 animagic21 << The Internet can be unreliable in Palma Airport. How can we ensure the QR code on the Locator form on our phones will work? >>

Don't use the internet, have it carefully pre-saved already.

But - even better - have all the documents printed and hand those over (much quicker and easier).

As someone who's whole career was technology related, years of experience have told me that tech only fails when you most need it. Unsurprisingly, it never fails when you don't use it ;-)

I printed all our info, even though it was on my phone; simple, no hassle.
pollensa, PP76, animagic21 and 4 others like this.
Old 19-09-2021, 21:09

Quote:
you may be interested in my post covering our flight from Glasgow yesterday. Printed copies of everything was definetly a lot easier and less stressful. Like you, I too was having pre flight nightmares but i can assure you it was all very straightforward and with less passenger volumes actuall a very enjoyable experience all round.
animagic21 and Luckyone like this.

Links
Old 20-09-2021, 09:39

A big ‘thank you’ to all replies. I’m now feeling reasonably happy that all will be ok!
Will post an update in a few weeks. Keeping fingers & toes crossed that we will be back in our happy place soon!!!
Lorenzo and RUBY 97 like this.
Old 20-09-2021, 15:05

You've just made my mind up to fly out on my own for the first time on the 4th. Both kids at uni, other half busy at work, I'll do some DIY and pedalling with the local old boys.

Nice that I wont need to have a fit to fly back test now!! One less piece of paper!
animagic21, Shaun&Caro and RUBY 97 like this.