Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   New Entry Requirements for British Travellers (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/14737-new-entry-requirements-british-travellers.html)

James 28-06-2021 09:14

New Entry Requirements for British Travellers

Pedro Sanchez, the Spanish Prime Minister, has been interviewed by Cadena Ser this morning and confirmed new entry requirements for British travellers with effect from 1st July.

It will be necessary to present evidence of either:-

(1) A full vaccination; or

(2) A negative PCR test taken in the 48 hours before arrival.

Sparky 28-06-2021 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 133122)
Pedro Sanchez, the Spanish Prime Minister, has been interviewed by Cadena Ser this morning and confirmed new entry requirements for British travellers with effect from 1st July.

It will be necessary to present evidence of either:-

(1) A full vaccination; or

(2) A negative PCR test taken in the 48 hours before arrival.

I think this is a great idea :D.

I never did understand why people were allowed in without any tests or proof of vaccination :confused:.

Rockape 28-06-2021 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 133124)

I never did understand why people were allowed in without any tests or proof of vaccination :confused:.

Yeah we were saying this this morning...otherwise you'll get a massive dose of the Indian/Delta variant before you know it.

Hopefully the vaccination cards are considered proof....cos we arrive next Monday!

El Gordo 28-06-2021 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 133124)

Have I missed something here? :confused:
I don't understand why vaccinated people are exempt from testing!
Surely the vaccination is really only to protect the individual if they catch it!
Have they proved that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the disease?

James 28-06-2021 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gordo (Post 133126)
Surely the vaccination is really only to protect the individual if they catch it!
Have they proved that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the disease?

Yes, there is statistical evidence that they can reduce transmissibility (both in respect of people they prevent from being infected in the first place not then having it to spread and also shedding it at lower levels should a vaccinated person become infected but more mildly as a result) but, as with their overall effectiveness, it’s by no means guaranteed. Then again, neither is a negative PCR test taken 48 hours before arrival.

This change simply removes the anomaly between British and other arrivals and aligns Spain’s arrival health criteria for anybody entering the country whether from the UK, USA or elsewhere.

Sparky 28-06-2021 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gordo (Post 133126)

I see your point El G but then again how does a negative test make any difference when in the 48hrs between the test and when you travel you could become infected? :confused:.

car77 28-06-2021 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 133125)
Yeah we were saying this this morning...otherwise you'll get a massive dose of the Indian/Delta variant before you know it.

Hopefully the vaccination cards are considered proof....cos we arrive next Monday!

You can download your NHS Covid pass on the NHS app now for either event trials or travel. It has a QR code on and shows the dates of your two vaccinations. I imagine this is what you will need to show.

Car

El Gordo 28-06-2021 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 133128)
I see your point El G but then again how does a negative test make any difference when in the 48hrs between the test and when you travel you could become infected? :confused:.

I agree.
In fact we were told to self isolate after our flight home in March as we had been in close contact with someone on the plane who developed Covid!!
I didn't matter then as we were already isolating!! but we were concerned we would develop Covid. :eek:

Roll on September :D

Magic Hat 28-06-2021 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by car77 (Post 133129)
You can download your NHS Covid pass on the NHS app now for either event trials or travel. It has a QR code on and shows the dates of your two vaccinations. I imagine this is what you will need to show.

Car

In Scotland we have no app, so need to request a paper copy of out vaccination record. They're currently quoting 3 weeks for this to arrive.

PP76 28-06-2021 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Hat (Post 133131)
In Scotland we have no app, so need to request a paper copy of out vaccination record. They're currently quoting 3 weeks for this to arrive.

Our certificates arrived in two weeks Magic and three weeks ago we were asked for the certificates at the airport.

HarrysDad 28-06-2021 12:16

Breaking - Brits now required to have test or double jab to enter s

Brits will now need a negative PCR test or proof of double vaccination to enter Spain:

English link: https://english.elpais.com/society/2...accinated.html

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-06-...html?ssm=TW_CC

It's interesting to note that separately the EU are saying they won't accept people as being double jabbed who had the AZ vaccine manufactured in India - that's about 5m brits. If you look at your vaccine certificate on the NHS app (England only) and it says the product you've had 'Vaxzevria' or 'Comirnaty' you're fine, if it says 'Covishield' it won't be recognised as this was never approved by the EMA

How you prove your vaccine status in Wales, Scotland or NI isn't as easy but this great article from The BBC explains how: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553

Luckyone 28-06-2021 13:57

Scottish NHS Letter of Certification

We received our NHS Letters/Certification in 3/4 days mid June. Now others are receiving in 1 to 2 days. Also shows that Vaxzevria EU Product approved.

mallorcaboy 28-06-2021 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 133125)

I doubt that your vaccine cards will be sufficient.
Download the NHS App and register/log in
Click on "Get your NHS Covid pass"
Click the TRAVEL part
Click Covid-19 records found
You will get a 2D bar code which is valid for that day but refreshes every time you log in
If you generate a PDF copy of your pass it is valid for 30 days

fil6699 28-06-2021 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorcaboy (Post 133136)
I doubt that your vaccine cards will be sufficient.
Download the NHS App and register/log in
Click on "Get your NHS Covid pass"
Click the TRAVEL part
Click Covid-19 records found
You will get a 2D bar code which is valid for that day but refreshes every time you log in
If you generate a PDF copy of your pass it is valid for 30 days

yes this is true do not try to use that silly card they give you that means nothing .the App is easy to use but can take up to 48 hours to get your certificate . have your passport or driving licence handy as you will need it to register on the App

Rockape 28-06-2021 18:30

Thanks all, now sorted!