Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2021, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
For those of you worrying about which Astra Zeneca Vaccine you got, there is a simple check.

You were given a Covid19 Vaccination Card when you got the vaccine, and each entry includes the Batch No. of the Vaccine used.

The Indian Version will be Batch Numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002, or 4120Z003.

So you only need to worry if you have these - this is from a Government Website.
It was reported in today’s Times that this is a false alarm as NHS has confirmed that no one in the UK has been given the the Indian version of the AstraZeneca vaccine
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2021, 19:35

Just gets more confusing
Old 03-07-2021, 21:36

Yes Rosie, it does get more confusing, especially if you refer to posts 11 and 20 on this thread, which imply that Covishield (Indian Version of ASTRA ZENECA) has not been approved by EMA, and will not be accepted.
Old 03-07-2021, 21:39

Check out posts 11 and 20 on this thread - even more confusing.???
Old 04-07-2021, 10:17

Quote:
Check out posts 11 and 20 on this thread - even more confusing.???
My post 20 has been superceeded by events. My understanding of the current requirement is that a PCR test is needed and not an antigen test. The GOV UK website has now been amended to reflect this.

I concur with previous comments that the Spanish government website is the best place to look. It would appear that arrivals from the UK are treated more strictly than from "third" countries where an antigen test is allowed.

I am slightly surprised that there is not more chat on the forum regarding this as the other requirement is that the test needs to be completed with 48 hours of the local arrival time.

The vast majority of UK testing sites only talk about a PCR test result with 48 hours, or within 24 hours from the sample arriving at their lab.

Having recently arrived back in the UK and taken day 2 and day 8 tests, none of those arrived back within the specified time. One was blamed on Royal Mail (tracked 24) taking longer than they should to deliver the sample. This was with "Testing for all" which was the lab recommended by Which?

I am trying to arrange a rapid PCR test for my partially vaccinated daughter and so far I have only found one site that can do the test quickly (within 4 hours.)

Based on our experience I would never risk a test site which relies on a courier or Royal Mail to deliver the sample. I would choose a site where they can analyse the sample on site.

This is at a time when traffic is light, goodness knows what it will be like later.

Something has to change.
Sharonh, Rosie34, Tommo and 2 others like this.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:47

Default Thank You so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Hi Scotslizzy,

What you see on NHS Inform site (what you can only see at that point) is the 'Records of your Vaccinations', dates, types and 0 Vaccinations outstanding when you have both etc.

The differences: Your address (not seen at above is taken from your GP Records) which is inserted on to the Paper 'NHS Scotland Vaccination Status' and sent to you on Headed Paper that also has encrypted background so that is an original that cannot be faked just like the background on bank notes.

The most important difference is in the title - Vaccination Status and not Record of your vaccinations. Also, the details are on the website.
I had obviously not kept myself up to date with all the changes etc. So glad you have kept me right. On your point about digital record is there a date for this for Scotland ?

Scotslizzy
Old 04-07-2021, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
It was reported in today’s Times (Saturday?) that this is a false alarm as NHS has confirmed that no one in the UK has been given the the Indian version of the AstraZeneca vaccine
Err, more confusion.....Mrs Clinkhams record card says she was vaccinated from batch 4120Z002 - an 'Indian version' by all accounts.

Further investigation required, me'thinks.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:52

Earlier this week Clinkham, at a press conference, Boris Johnston did mention that he hoped to iron out this agreement with Brussels, and Angela Merkel responded by saying that she too thought that the problem would shortly be resolved. Apparently some EU countries are accepting it, and some are not. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 04-07-2021, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
I had obviously not kept myself up to date with all the changes etc. So glad you have kept me right. On your point about digital record is there a date for this for Scotland ?

Scotslizzy
The latest quote in Scotland is 'when the time is right'. My guess would be that as we working as one nation on travel it could be 19 or 26 July but not betting on it. I have no connection it is just reading what is going on at present.

We hope you enjoy your next visit to PP as we will.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:06

It has been reported on the BBC that Spain have approved the Indian vaccine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57628123
Tangoman likes this.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:42

Default Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Hi Scotslizzy,

What you see on NHS Inform site (what you can only see at that point) is the 'Records of your Vaccinations', dates, types and 0 Vaccinations outstanding when you have both etc.

The differences: Your address (not seen at above is taken from your GP Records) which is inserted on to the Paper 'NHS Scotland Vaccination Status' and sent to you on Headed Paper that also has encrypted background so that is an original that cannot be faked just like the background on bank notes.

The most important difference is in the title - Vaccination Status and not Record of your vaccinations. Also, the details are on the website.
Had to call NHS Scotland again on Sunday as record had still not been updated. Sooo after 4 other calls ,waiting 20 mins on the phone for my turn (I was 52 in the queue ) within a couple of minutes the very helpful operator had amended my record on line . I have requested the official record but also printed off the correct one .
It makes me wonder if the other members of staff have been given the correct training .

Anyway happy to be a step nearer getting to PP.

Scotslizzy
Sharonh, alcanadakid and car77 like this.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:01

Quick update:

Grant Schapps has just announced that from 4 a.m. on Monday 19th July people with 2 vaccinations travelling to and from Amber rated countries will no longer have to self isolate. Also, neither will under 18's.

However a PCR test will still be required on return.
Sharonh and El Gordo like this.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:39

Quote:
Quick update:

Grant Schapps has just announced that from 4 a.m. on Monday 19th July people with 2 vaccinations travelling to and from Amber rated countries will no longer have to self isolate. Also, neither will under 18's.

However a PCR test will still be required on return.
I think this only applies to jabs given in England. Does not apply to any given abroad.
Old 09-07-2021, 15:36

Could someone advise me:- Do we need PCR Tests before we return to UK?

We have both been double jabbed.

Also, where can we get the tests locally in PP, and how much do they cost.

Thanks.

The smile is because we are going to PP!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2021, 16:52

Lots of information about tests and where to get locally if you look at various entries on the forum. Rules change all the time so always best to look on U.K. govt website but at present a lateral flow test is what is needed to get back into the U.K.