Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2021, 15:16

Default PCR timing so difficult

oh my word this is so complicated when you have 3 travellers with double vaccine and one not!

First reports I read earlier this week (on El Pais) said book a PCR test 72 hours before arrival. So I did. Now it's saying 48 hours. So I changed it. But we are not absolutely guaranteed to get the result back before the time we arrive in Mallorca. It depends on the 'laboratory'... and it's at the weekend.

So - we may arrive in Palma to find one of us refused entry. What then? Can we sit and wait at the airport until the result comes through? Or all just go home (at our own expense)

Or - my son's test is positive, but don't find out till we're on the plane! Nightmare for everyone. (I will do a LFT before at home)
Sponsored Links
Old 30-06-2021, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post

We are currently on day 9 of our quarantine back in the UK and used "testing for all" for day 2 day and day 8 tests. While all the test kits arrived on time it took 3 days to get a result for day 2, as Royal Mail supposedly took longer than their guaranteed 24 hour delivery. Not sure who to believe there.
The moral of that story though is not to trust the guaranteed response time, which then presents a dilemma with the short Spanish 48 hour requirement.

We returned from PP at the end of March. We booked 2 and 8 day tests with 001Doctor for £172pp on the Gov website.
We did not receive our 2 and 8 day tests on time. when they did arrive we returned them but they failed to send any results!
They sent us an email after day 14 to say that the UK Gov said we could come out of isolation!
We eventually got a partial refund, after complaining, of £110pp excluding the postage £12pp and a £50pp fee!! for the number we put on our forms to satisfy entry requirements!! What a farce. I think 001Doctor was taken off their list later.
This happened with only a small number of people travelling!
Lets hope the situation has improved now, for everybody's sake!!
ryansclan likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 30-06-2021, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfie View Post
oh my word this is so complicated when you have 3 travellers with double vaccine and one not!

First reports I read earlier this week (on El Pais) said book a PCR test 72 hours before arrival. So I did. Now it's saying 48 hours. So I changed it. But we are not absolutely guaranteed to get the result back before the time we arrive in Mallorca. It depends on the 'laboratory'... and it's at the weekend.

So - we may arrive in Palma to find one of us refused entry. What then? Can we sit and wait at the airport until the result comes through? Or all just go home (at our own expense)

Or - my son's test is positive, but don't find out till we're on the plane! Nightmare for everyone. (I will do a LFT before at home)
your documents are checked before actual boarding so you will need to be sure you have everything before you board the plane without it you will be refused boarding. They do that to make sure you are not arriving positive. This has been implemented by all airlines since the start of the pandemic . If you check in bags they will check your QR codes for Spanish health . and fit to fly certificates etc at the check in desk and issue you with a docs OK peace of paper to present at the gate. If you only have hand luggage then they will ask you for the documents before they allow you to board.
El Gordo and elfie like this.

Last edited by fil6699; 30-06-2021 at 16:40.
Old 30-06-2021, 16:50

" ......... really advising people not to take the word of Joe Blogs and his wife on social media........ " :

Don't think there is member called Joe Bloggs on here, so less chance of fake news in the posts.

But seriously, follow Sparkys advice. Official government sites only for the best updated rules and advice. You know it makes sense.
Tangoman and Miller like this.
Old 30-06-2021, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
" ......... really advising people not to take the word of Joe Blogs and his wife on social media........ " :

Don't think there is member called Joe Bloggs on here, so less chance of fake news in the posts.

But seriously, follow Sparkys advice. Official government sites only for the best updated rules and advice. You know it makes sense.
One slight problem following that very sensible advice……the You Gov site was
confirming that certain Antigen tests were acceptable for Spain. This is untrue, and if you access the Spanish government site it is made clear that only a PCR test is acceptable. Our government has since changed the erroneous advice!

Moral? Always check the information on the government website for the country you are visiting..
clinkham likes this.
Old 30-06-2021, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Hat View Post
In Scotland we have no app, so need to request a paper copy of out vaccination record. They're currently quoting 3 weeks for this to arrive.

In reality, I requested our printed vaccination records on Sunday evening and they arrived in the post today(Wednesday).
Old 30-06-2021, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
One slight problem following that very sensible advice……the You Gov site was
confirming that certain Antigen tests were acceptable for Spain. This is untrue, and if you access the Spanish government site it is made clear that only a PCR test is acceptable. Our government has since changed the erroneous advice!

Moral? Always check the information on the government website for the country you are visiting..
Correct! As per that font of all knowledge, Sparky message #29

"..if you are entering Spain you should follow the Spanish website and follow the UK website when going back to the UK"
El Gordo, Sparky and Tangoman like this.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:39

For those of you worrying about which Astra Zeneca Vaccine you got, there is a simple check.

You were given a Covid19 Vaccination Card when you got the vaccine, and each entry includes the Batch No. of the Vaccine used.

The Indian Version will be Batch Numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002, or 4120Z003.

So you only need to worry if you have these - this is from a Government Website.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:55

Default Issues with Covid record in Scotland

I am trying to sort out my covid record as although it shows that I have had both vaccination's on the actual print out it only shows one !

After numerous phone calls to NHS Inform Scotland I have managed to speak to someone who will get the record amended so that I can have my complete record to hand.

We are not coming out until Sept but though that if we could manage a wee visit before then we need to be prepared. Just as well I checked was able this out now.

My husband printed his off in 20 seconds .
Old 03-07-2021, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
For those of you worrying about which Astra Zeneca Vaccine you got, there is a simple check.

You were given a Covid19 Vaccination Card when you got the vaccine, and each entry includes the Batch No. of the Vaccine used.

The Indian Version will be Batch Numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002, or 4120Z003.

So you only need to worry if you have these - this is from a Government Website.
I've just checked our certificates and my second dose is the 4120Z003 version. Does this mean I won't be allowed in?
Old 03-07-2021, 13:01

Not Sure Rosie, but maybe some of the other Forum members could help.

If you simply search the Internet for 4120Z003, you will get a lot of information, some from newspapers, and others from Government Websites. Good luck.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 03-07-2021, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
I am trying to sort out my covid record as although it shows that I have had both vaccination's on the actual print out it only shows one !

After numerous phone calls to NHS Inform Scotland I have managed to speak to someone who will get the record amended so that I can have my complete record to hand.

We are not coming out until Sept but though that if we could manage a wee visit before then we need to be prepared. Just as well I checked was able this out now.

My husband printed his off in 20 seconds .
HI

Not sure if you know, at this point in time the print of your NHS vac record is not sufficient to fly. For now you must have the official vaccination status Sent to for use to fly. You can request on line and receive in days.

Later and or soon we should get access to our Digital version.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 03-07-2021, 15:27

Default Thanks

But until I get the record of my vaccinations in order no point in requesting it.
Although what would be the difference please ?
Old 03-07-2021, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
But until I get the record of my vaccinations in order no point in requesting it.
Although what would be the difference please ?
Hi Scotslizzy,

What you see on NHS Inform site (what you can only see at that point) is the 'Records of your Vaccinations', dates, types and 0 Vaccinations outstanding when you have both etc.

The differences: Your address (not seen at above is taken from your GP Records) which is inserted on to the Paper 'NHS Scotland Vaccination Status' and sent to you on Headed Paper that also has encrypted background so that is an original that cannot be faked just like the background on bank notes.

The most important difference is in the title - Vaccination Status and not Record of your vaccinations. Also, the details are on the website.
Old 03-07-2021, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Hi Scotslizzy,

What you see on NHS Inform site (what you can only see at that point) is the 'Records of your Vaccinations', dates, types and 0 Vaccinations outstanding when you have both etc.

The differences: Your address (not seen at above is taken from your GP Records) which is inserted on to the Paper 'NHS Scotland Vaccination Status' and sent to you on Headed Paper that also has encrypted background so that is an original that cannot be faked just like the background on bank notes.

The most important difference is in the title - Vaccination Status and not Record of your vaccinations. Also, the details are on the website.
PS all this was put in place after the media found the early version could be altered. So the above is the fix until new Digital arrives. Also is in line with 4 nations Red Amber and Green levels.