Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-2011, 23:04

After a week with great weather (and free sunbeds) last week my MIL/FIL returned with the following verdict about their top 5 restaurants in PP.

1. Stay (because of it's position and of course the food because of the wide range of choices on the menu not to mention the excellent service)

2. Celler la Parra (because of the old style atmosphere and the personal attention we get from the 2 brothers and the cooking skills that come from the kitchen)

3. Tango's

4. Ca'n Josep

5. Hell's Kitchen (which was OK but could do better)
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2011, 15:09

Know it is very early days yet but as thet stand at the moment:

1st. Stay 20 points
2nd. O'Lume 10 points
3rd. Los Zarzaries 7 points
4th. Bellavista Pension 5 points
Joint 5th. Tango, Tolos, Casinet, El Posito, Tiberi & Cellar La Parra 4 points.
Old 26-05-2011, 15:38

My top 5 based on our 12 days this month, and its only my opinion!

1. Bella Vista Pension - great unusual veggie food - nice and laid back (almost 'hippy'!)

2 Trencadora - Lovely setting and good food

3 Fletchers (soon to be 'Citrus) - Good food and value

4 Trio - Good food and value

=5 La Roca - Lovely setting and OH enjoyed trying the guitars and the impromptu concert!
La Piazza - Good food and value

These are different from last October, so things could change again later in the year! We are going for longer and in an apartment so will most likely eat out a lot more.
Old 09-06-2011, 13:21

Come on people, is nobody eating out this year.
Old 09-06-2011, 14:40

Ok, here's my top 5

1. Stay (No surprise there. Fantastic food, service and location)
2. Little Italy (Best pizzas in the port IMO)
3. Tiberi (Best chips in the port the kids say, plus my cubed suckling pic was brill. Great atmosphere too)
4. Manduca
5. Laroc

It was true what people said. The restaurants seem to have more time for you in early season, or was it that they felt sorry for us due to the rain
Old 09-06-2011, 18:27

Default Have not been yet but will report back

I will be out next Wednesday and will do a report on my return but if things have not changed much then I imagine I will go with my usual favourites which are;

Stay
La Lonja
El Posito
Los Zarzaels
And ...... now that will be the one that will be the issue as I fancy going to ..go on help me out !

And if anyone has had a meal in La Lonja latley I would be interested in hearing about it .

Scotslizzy
Old 09-06-2011, 18:54

its nice to see Cellar la Parrer get a mention Mike, very underated.
Old 09-06-2011, 20:28

Sorry for delay, just got round to posting votes for May visit. As wife and I couldn't agree on order she has insisted on casting her own vote (would you believe it, votes for women, whatever next?)

1) Stay. Would you believe this was our first visit to Stay after approx 30 visits to PP. Food excellent, service excellent, setting excellent.

2) O'Lume. Same reasons as above, but it was a little chilly to sit in courtyard in May.

3) La Goleta. Excellent food & service with lovely view when the moon reflects off the sea. Crepes suzette to die for.

4) Los Zarzales. Would normally be higher up list but the night we went in only one waitress on with Yolande and service was very slow. Food as good as ever though.

5) Tango. Food good, welcome from Manolo excellent, service excellent and view from window table fantastic.

The votes from Mrs Hamcas as follows:

1) Tango. Manolo dashed to open taxi door for her, showed us to the best seats in centre of window overlooking bay ( I said I arranged that but didn't really, but what the heck, I got a few brownie points), it was our first night there and suckling pig fantastic.

2) Stay. MDD @ 33.80 was worth every penny, setting & service excellent.

3) O'Lume. Crayfish starters are brilliant, Jaime is a great host, thoroughly enjoyable evening, just wish a few more people would use this hidden gem.

4) La Goleta. Same reasons as hubby, just love the place.

5) Los Zarzales. Couldn't fault the food, up to their usual high standard but on this occasion the service let them down which is most unusual.

We would both have probably had Ca'n Josep in there somewhere but on the night we tried to go they had a large party in so went elsewhere, pity.

That ends the voting from the Hamcas'
Old 13-06-2011, 08:50

The results of the B family are in, and they are as follows:

1. O Lume - you need to go a long way to find food and service of this quality at these prices. Still our favourite by miles. Had two very memorable evenings last week. Jaime, you are a legend!

2. C'an Josep - they will bend over backwards, jump through hoops and perform cartwheels to accommodate. Good food, nice atmosphere, top bloke.

3. Brisa Marina - great fish and seafood, and the meat is surprisingly good too. Extremely reasonable prices.

4. El Mojito - ate here for the first time this year and was very pleasantly surprised. Excellent value and good quality MDD.

5. El Posito - drops to number 5 as we didn't eat here this year. Sent 3 emails in good time trying to make a reservation for 15 people but didn't get a response. You missed out on 300 - 400 euros of our hard-earned, guys.

Last edited by PaulB; 13-06-2011 at 08:52.
Old 23-06-2011, 13:50

As they stand so far this year.

1st. Stay - 30 points

2nd. O' Lume - 22 points

3rd. Los Zarzales - 12 points

Joint 4th. Tango - 10 points

Joint 4th. Bella Vista Pension - 10 points

5th. El Posito - 8 points

Please on your return don't forget to post YOUR top 5.
Old 23-06-2011, 15:13

Hard one this, as each of the restaurants is my "number one" in a different respect.

1. O Lume - quality of food and wine, impecccable service and particularly good champagne cocktails!
2. Bar Coral - a very warm welcome from staff no matter how busy they are. Consistently good home cooking especially the aioli and shoulder of lamb.
3. El Posito - best value MDD for freshly cooked quality Mallorquin food. A must for our Sunday lunch.
4. Stay - excellent value MDD, great service and probably the best location in the port.
5. Nostalgia - great food, great service and great atmosphere.

Visited them all on two separate trips this year - hope I get to visit again for the year is out!
Old 03-07-2011, 20:00

Default Miss Fussies Top 5

My top 5

O lume - Jaime continues to be an excellent host and goes above and beyond in terms of catering to my own specific dietary requirements. Food is always of a high quality and he is happy to prepare something not on the menu if required. An excellent restaurant with excellent prices.

Pension Bellavista - A new find this year. I have found it difficult to get a variety of vegetarian food over the years, however this little restaurant had so many choices. Both dishes I had were fabulous and beautifully presented, plus I loved the garden setting. Can't wait to return to try more.

Tribeca - I'm always happy with the food I receive here. Had no complaints this year, my cauliflower and lentil curry was lovely.

Citrus - Maureen and Kenny are lovely people and create a very welcoming environment. Having arrived very late, Kenny prepared a meal for me as the kitchen was closing which was much appreciated. I had eaten here several times throughout my stay and each time, I thoroughly enjoyed the food. He was also kind enough to prepare vegetable tempura as a starter as they only had chicken tempura on the menu. Their caramel shortcake is also fabulous!

C'an Cuarassa - Always loved it here, the setting is lovely however, for me, the food was average. I had a similar meal to that in O lume which was half the price and better quality. It wouldn't put me off returning in future, just on this occasion, I was slightly disappointed.

Miss Fussie
Old 03-07-2011, 20:09

Default Mr Fussies Top 5

1. O'Lume - easliy the best food & service in PP

2. Bellavista - thank you sws97sdg for posting on this establisment otherwise we would never have found it. Forget its vegetarian only food and just enjoy the food and setting. Simply marvellous.

3. can Cuarassa - always delivers the goods in an wonderful setting

4/5 Tied Los Faroles & Citrus. Los Faroles slipped down the rankings due a slightly disappointing second visit.

Unfortunately we only visited La Trencadora in Pollensa so cannot compile a top 5 for Pollensa. However based on this visit I would have placed in 3rd in our overall rankings pushing the others down 1 slot.

Mr Fussie
Old 04-07-2011, 22:09

Our top five have changed a few times but I think we have decided now !

Stay - It really does have it all situation, service , food Love it

Can Ferra - Because we love our fish and their Sole is fantastic and the best chips anywhere !

El Posito - Loved our Suckling pig and great atmosphere and service

Can Josep - Fantastic lamb Went on the evening the guitarist was on and it was beautiful

OLume - Only last as we went there our first evening and it was a bit quiet and we were tired The food and service were excellent

We also had some very good wines everywhere
Thank you to all the previous posters recommendations particuarly for El Posito ( Ironman I think ?) as we wouldnt have found this one
Old 05-07-2011, 12:02

Based on our recent (May/June) trip:

1 Miguelon - Awesome beef sirloin... and Miguel runs it, so it's always going to be fun!

2 Laguna - Great poolside seating. Extensive, value menu to cater for all tastes. Super pizzas.

3 Naciente - Superb pork fillet and lovely garden setting - Try the fries with garlic.