Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2011, 17:12

Claire

Can you tell me how and where Sis Pins guests were "breakfasted" during your stay?
Also, do you know if a discount will be offered to Sis Pins residents who eat at Capuccinos in the evening?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 29-03-2011, 10:07

I don't know about a discount but I believe the hotel were hoping to do a deal for meals with them but it proved too costly.
I had a quick look at the menu and the club sandwich!! is cheaper than in Palma.

Last edited by lollipop; 29-03-2011 at 10:09. Reason: addition
Old 29-03-2011, 13:42

The many many Germans now coming to PP don't appear to think Cappuccinos expensive. The bar seems pretty busy. The food's always of a consistently good standard and pricy for what it actually is, but you are paying for the setting ambiance etc. Prices are displayed before anyone has to commit to eating there. I think it's a great addition to an already diverse range of eating and drinking estblishments
Old 29-03-2011, 20:25

Parsman

There were a few tables for breakfast in part of the reception area/ lounge, a few more on the covered terrace outside the entrance - fine for the few guests there in March. Breakfast was a standard continental breakfast, as described on their website, perfectly acceptable. I don't know what they will do now that Cappuccinos is open. I had imagined that there would be some sort of arrangement between them, I'm sorry but I didn't think to ask anyone. One thing that the hotel does lack now is its own bar - the lounge was comfortable and welcoming and, when it was cloudy and blustery for a couple of hours one morning, it would have been really nice to sit and read quietly there with a cup of coffee. We had coffee at the Daina instead!
Old 29-03-2011, 22:40

Claire
Thanks for the reply - I'm a wee bit concerned about how they'll cope with a full hotel of guests looking for breakfast at the peak time, in the summer.
I'm OK with going elsewhere for a coffee and the discount on dinner was a bonus rather than a 'right'. There's loads of places to eat in PP any way - however much you care to spend.
As long as the sun terrace is available during the day, we'll get by.....
Old 30-03-2011, 11:11
Banned

V funny Can Balache......I also eat at your place as I enjoy your home cooked food at reasonable prices...................and to mix with the "peasants" !!

(Now I've done it!!!)
Old 30-03-2011, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
V funny Can Balache......I also eat at your place as I enjoy your home cooked food at reasonable prices...................and to mix with the "peasants" !!

(Now I've done it!!!)
Thanks Nick, when are you over next? I'll get the sack cloth out of mothballs
Old 06-04-2011, 16:40

Have any PP residents or visitors been into Cafe Capuccino since its opening night?

I'm just wondering how popular/busy it is proving and whether all teething problems have been addressed. I'm also curious to know if waiters and waitresses from the Sis Pins have been kept on....

Now less than 8 weeks till our next visit - can't wait.
Old 06-04-2011, 17:12

Having read the good things about Bar Cappuccinos in other parts of the island, I was looking forward to trying this out. I was invited to meet there for pre dinner cocktails one evening. The place has been nicely decorated and the waiters look very smart in their uniforms. There was a nicely photographed cocktail brochure on each table and we decided to order Bellinis priced at 9.80 euros each.

When the drinks arrived I was both disappointed and embarrassed. Instead of peach juice topped up with champagnen we each received a flute packed with crushed ice with a ribbon of orange liquid running through it. It resembled a certain slushy childrens drink popular in the nineties. There was no presence of a sparkling wine beit cava or champagne. When the ice melted we were left with what tasted like a sweet fruit squash.

As I was a guest I did not feel comfortable querying this at the time. I did however go back a couple of days later and spoke to one of the waiters. He seem to know immediately why I would be querying the cocktail but said "that is the way we do them we are only waiters, it is the barmen who decide." I said that they did not offer a "frozen" bellini and that what we received in no way resembled the cocktail shown and described in their brochure, he simply shrugged.

My first impression of this bar is "don't waste your money". What a pity.

Last edited by marilyn; 06-04-2011 at 17:30. Reason: omission
Old 07-04-2011, 11:00

Not many there last evening if me eyes were seeing right cos I'd enjoyed a few cocktails at Bonys 50 percent opening sale.

Had to thrash Jose to within an inch of his life for getting the liqour/ice balance all wrong !

BonysLad
Old 07-04-2011, 18:54
Banned

I've read your report with interest Marilyn and you always give valued and honest opinions so I'm disappointed that maybe this place needs some customer feedback.

I'm pleased you challenged the poor quality of the drink you had, I know I would have done, and so should we all. If this is going to be a bit of a rip-off joint then it will fail badly. Let's just hope it's a "teething problem".

I'd got high hopes for this place but if it's going to be poor quality goods AND high prices then it will be one to avoid.

I'll be there in a couple of weeks so will report back !!!
Old 07-04-2011, 19:16
Under Moderation

Totally agree with you. Let's hope it is teething problems and not rip off yet again. We need more people like Marilyn to have the nerve to challenge. Not to do so gives a message of acceptance. Well done Marilyn!
Old 07-04-2011, 19:55

Smile

Thank You for such a clear & concise report,I would like to think all reports on here are as honest.
Its back to the fact that we as a family save up & look forward to visiting PP for a precious 2 weeks a year , therefore by looking at reports simular to these it enables us to make the right choices for meals out etc.
As we all know a duff meal or unpleasent service can spoil a holiday in a beautifull setting.
Top Jockey.
Old 07-04-2011, 20:12

Will definitely be a "secret sipper" in a couple of weeks and probably a nibbler too, so there will be a few of us able to comment on different days. If things are wrong, I for one will certainly be mentioning it at the time, its only fair that they know and are given the chance to put it right before it becomes too settled.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:41

Just another thought. Many bars have their own way of making cocktails and we all have our preference, how many different ways of making a Mohito in PP for example? Martinis are another one - how dry do you like it? Vodka or Gin? Etc etc. I agree that there is a basic way of making Bellinis that we all expect but perhaps that just isn't the way they make them here. We need to be strong and either point to the photo or tell them that we want them made in such and such a way so we pay for what we actually want.
Its hard to do when you are surprised the first time, and good for you Marilyn for going back in to complain, but forewarned is forearmed and I have a feeling they may be making a few more Bellinis in the next few weeks - to order!!