Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Sis Pins - Bar Cappuccinos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6979-sis-pins-bar-cappuccinos.html)

clinkham 27-01-2011 11:23

Sis Pins - Bar Cappuccinos

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD40 (Post 53822)
I understand that Sis Pins is not opening until March now whilst they complete the refurbishment of the restaurant and bar area which has been taken over by the lovely Bar Cappuccinos. I also heard a rumour the other day that Pollensa Park was not opening either but that is not confirmed. Illa dor hotel and apartments are opening towards end February - think about 25th but actual date escapes me at present.

This is new news, or did I miss something earlier?. Is this the same Bar Cappuccinos group as in Palma and Santa Ponsa(?) ? If so, IMHO, a big plus for the Port. :)

pollensa 27-01-2011 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 53828)
This is new news, or did I miss something earlier?. Is this the same Bar Cappuccinos group as in Palma and Santa Ponsa(?) ? If so, IMHO, a big plus for the Port. :)

Think it must be. Quote from Sis Pins website:

"The anniversary coincides with the opening of the new CAPPUCCINO Port de Pollença, which will be open from early in the morning until the small hours. Part of the renowned CAPPUCCINO Grand Café chain, the new establishment will be the largest the Mallorcan restaurant firm runs on the island.

The menu will include tasty breakfasts made with natural products, sandwiches, salads, delicious pastas, hamburgers, meats, homemade baked goods, an extensive selection of coffees and infusions, as well as a wide variety of delicious cocktails.

And the Sis Pins will also house the island’s second Tahini Sushi Bar & Restaurant, with the best Japanese food and the best sushi on the island.

The opening is part of a major expansion by the CAPPUCCINO Grand Café chain, which plans to set up 25 similar operations in the Middle East, North Africa and India, as well as further openings on the Spanish mainland.

Juan Picornell is the main shareholder of the Cappuccino Group, which started in 1992. The company currently has 12 Grand Café Bar and Restaurants, plus one Sushi
Bar and Restaurant, and employs around 500 staff.
"

Are they good?

debz1 27-01-2011 14:35

Pollensa the one we went to in Andratx was lovely:) Really good contempoary food, very trendy and a lovely atmosphere!

This has to be great news for PP! Can't think of a better setting either. I'm really excited and cant wait to try it out :) :)

pips 27-01-2011 14:51

Sounds great we have rented the apartment next door, so very handy, husband and daughter love sushi, not sure myself but will give it a go, great to see there's faith in PP.

Portofan 27-01-2011 14:55

This is the best news for PP since Adam was a boy!

An absolute prime site right on the front, this place will bring a new dimension to the port, will be very well received by visitors and discerning locals alike and will attract lots of visitors from all over the island , familiar with other branches.

We have been to Palau March one just beside the cathedral in Palma on a few occasions and always impressed and indeed I have put in a link for you to have a look.

Deliberately left the home page with the lovely girl, but please click on Palau March to have a look.

Porto:):D

Big smiles to go with my normal ;)

Grupo Cappuccino. Restaurants & Lounge cafes in Mallorca. Lunch & dinner in Mallorca. Cocktails Mallorca. Tapas Mallorca. Japanese food Mallorca. Bistro Mallorca. Drinks and very good music in Mallorca.

Chemical Dave 27-01-2011 19:27

Great news for the port. Time we had a quality operation like cappuccino moving in. They do a great selection of coffees.. Only downside is they are expensive.

Adios

Dave

Belladonna 27-01-2011 20:06

It looks a fantastic menu. Certainly one to add the list of trying as soon as we get out again. There was no price list though on the site - a definate sign that its not cheap, but you get what you pay for in my experience, and if you don't - then you don't repeat the experience!!:D

its cd 27-01-2011 23:33

Anyone any idea when in March this opens ???

Chemical Dave 28-01-2011 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 53837)
. There was no price list though on the site - a definate sign that its not cheap, but you get what you pay for in my experience, and if you don't - then you don't repeat the experience!!:D

You are right Bella. You do get what you pay for and while expensive I have found the customer service and quality of the food to be excellent value. What is refreshing is that although they are part of a large chain, the different buildings give each location a unique feel.

I have been to two in Palma, also Andratax and Portals Nous and while the menus are the same, the experience is different.

I think all their other outlets open all year round, wonder if this one will too?

Adios

Dave

frito 28-01-2011 08:23

Cappuccino

This great news for the Port!
They are a real class act!

I've been to most of their branches on the island. The atmosphere in each branch is different, which is great.
The food, coffee and service are excellent.

When can I move in?????

Cheers!

Frito:)

Sparky 28-01-2011 10:31

I had never heard of this company but have now spoken to a few peeps here and they all agree it is really great news for the port so anything that is good for the port makes me a happy bunny, as a coffee lover i can't wait to give the place a try......won't be using the sushi bar though.

kate1 28-01-2011 12:26

The menu sounds great - definitely don't mind paying a bit extra for that location if it's of really good quality. Sparky I'm not a fan of raw fish either but it looks like the sushi bar has other less hardcore options - prawn tempura and chicken skewers, amongst other things - and the sandwiches and salads in the coffee bar sound yummy.

Can't see how this can be anything other than excellent news.

Rosie34 28-01-2011 12:38

No raw fish for me either:eek: But looking forward to trying the Chicken Yakatori and its great to have a new place to try - cant wait till May:D

kate1 28-01-2011 13:41

Ooh, have just noticed they also have a cocktail menu - one more place to get a mojito! Though they will find it hard to beat Nostalgia's...

Sparky 28-01-2011 13:42

Cappuccinos menu looks good and varied i will definitely be trying the Greek Salad. I see there are quite a few options for vegetarians which is also very good news. :D