Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2011, 18:36
Banned

When they get a load of Germans in the service level will go up don't you worry!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2011, 11:06

Went past numerous times last week, never more than a few tables taken, problem with the signage I think, we went past one of the others in the group in Valamossa I think, absolutely packed, lots of signs and prominent use of the logo!!

On island time!!
Old 24-04-2011, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Went past numerous times last week, never more than a few tables taken, problem with the signage I think, we went past one of the others in the group in Valamossa I think, absolutely packed, lots of signs and prominent use of the logo!!
Think we may agree about this one - quote of my post from the 14th - "It remains to be seen whether they will get enough punters in. Certainly lacking signing outside to tell punters this is a cut above(in cappuccinos opinion) surrounding places. Nothing to make you choose cappuccino over it's neighbours if you are just walking past."
Old 24-04-2011, 19:21

Not even the price !!!
Old 29-04-2011, 16:31

After a day driving between garden centres and lugging heavy troughs up to the roof terrace, we decided to treat ourselves to the long awaited evening out to Cappuccinos.

I really wanted to be impressed with this Bar/Restaurant and to a greater extent we were.
It was still chilly on Friday night – rain and cold wind being the order of most of our ten days away actually – so we opted to sit inside. The décor is fabulous and very comfortable, with the lovely soft jazz playing in the background. (And NO tv, thankfully, which was a real bug bear whilst eating out this week!)
The smartly dressed and smiling waiter came to take our order almost immediately. We had a drink each to start, I had a mojito and hubby had a small beer. A small pot of peanuts was placed on the table with the drinks.
The menu is not particularly extensive, I chose the prawn and chicken noodle dish, and hubby had a lasagne.
My dish was superb, served up in a big bowl with a good helping of prawn and chicken with the noodles and included plenty of veg in it too.
Hubbys on the other hand was pretty minimalist, just a smallish portion of albeit tasty lasagne, on a tomato soup reduction. Not a meal to stave off any hunger pangs. Hubby finished off the lasagne, then the nuts, and helped out with my noodle dish – flipping cheek!
We had a glass of house red and a glass of house white with our meal, pleasant, but I can’t actually remember what it was.

We decided to end our evening with a couple of cappuccinos whilst we sat on their very comfy sofas, listening to the music and watching the world go by outside. People wandered in – and usually out again – or just sat outside with their coats on by the cosy looking fires, which don’t actually give out much heat by the way, drinking their evening coffees whilst the waiters busied themselves with bringing in chairs from the terrace out by the private pier – which may have made a scrape or two on the shiny floor!
I also treated myself to one of their CD’s.

I loved the ambience of Cappuccinos and if I were a millionaire I would visit every evening, however I am not, and I do also like to feel just a little tipsy after a mojito! Service could be a little sharper, although they always seemed to be busy, it did take a little effort to catch their eye.

This restful evening came to €84. We ate in the following night!

Last edited by Belladonna; 29-04-2011 at 21:54.
Old 29-04-2011, 22:04

Bella,

From what you describe you certainly won't stay millionaires too long if you eat here every night !!

Are you kiddin us ?

A couple of pre dinner drinks ( and only a small beer at that ) followed by what sounds like a plate and a half of food accompanied by a couple of glasses of house wine with some coffee 84 Euros ? Are they having a larf ?

Really at these sorts of prices they just ain't gonna survive here . Far too much competition in my opinion particularly as the season is so short here. Their business model might be fine in Palma or Valdemossa when there is year round trade.

Did the 84 euros include the CD ?

BonysLad
Old 29-04-2011, 22:17

Yes it did, sorry I didnt make that clear. The CD was €20! I know, I know. There were still a fair amount of people on the terrace each evening though, despite the cost, but I think it is hard to justify the prices.
However I must just say that if you want to talk even higher prices, try the bar/restaurant Platja del Mar at Formantor on the beach!!
Old 21-05-2011, 10:25

Some mixed comments about the new Cappucinos. It will be interesting to see how busy it becomes as the summer visitors arrive.
My wife and I will be back at the Sis Pins in early June and are curious about how the new arrangements have been received by hotel guests. Have any forum members stayed at the hotel recently?
Old 21-05-2011, 10:46

I suspect it may not be popular... we overheard some visitors who were eating in Nostalgia in April complaining about the lack of evening meals (affordable ones, at any rate!) which meant they had to go further afield. Good for the local restaurants, I guess...

BTW, I rescind my earlier post stating that the cocktails are as expensive as Claridges - think a mojito at Bar Cappuccino is only 12E; however my husband went to Claridges last night and had a mojito for 15E! However, he did say that it was very alcoholic, the service was amazing and it was accompanied by snacks which were replenished free of charge whenever the bowls were empty - including toasted almonds and home-made cheese pastries. So better value than Bar Cappuccino overall, I would say.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:05

I cant remember the price I paid, but looking back at Marilyns write up, the Bellini was only €9.80 which I think was either the most expensive cocktail or they are all much of a muchness. I do stand to be corrected by anyone looking at the menu though!

Have to say have had some amazing Mojitos recently - due to birthday spoiling - both at a restaurant by London Bridge and also the O2. The alcohol content far outweighed that at Cappuccinos but there were no nibbles, although the O2 offered a choice of flavours and 2 for the price of 1!!! Now THATS the way to go!

Not such a good view of the bay though!! Cant wait to go back!

Last edited by Belladonna; 21-05-2011 at 12:15.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:56
Banned

When I bought a couple of cocktails last month they were nowhere near 12 euros, just under 9 each.

Again, why do people keep going on about the prices? If you don't want to pay a BIT more for quality in great, clean, new premises with good service then go elsewhere.

It is a bit pricey but like everything in life you get what you pay for.
Old 21-05-2011, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
I've read your report with interest Marilyn and you always give valued and honest opinions so I'm disappointed that maybe this place needs some customer feedback.

I'm pleased you challenged the poor quality of the drink you had, I know I would have done, and so should we all. If this is going to be a bit of a rip-off joint then it will fail badly. Let's just hope it's a "teething problem".

I'd got high hopes for this place but if it's going to be poor quality goods AND high prices then it will be one to avoid.

I'll be there in a couple of weeks so will report back !!!
So you did enjoy it then Nick.....I think I might just stick to The Bahia as LK1960 did....same wonderful views!

Parsman, if no members report back about Sis Pins do have a look at tripadvisor as there are recent reviews.
Old 21-05-2011, 12:20
Banned

I certainly did enjoy it favie.......that's why I went to check it out for myself and did a fair report on it. I've been back several times since and will continue to return until such a time, if ever, I get bad service etc.

I try to give honest opinions but think you have to try something before you can judge it.

I also agree re the Bahia......another great setting......PP is getting lots of good choice now.
Old 21-05-2011, 12:33

Definitely a cocktail sharing experience due then!
Old 21-05-2011, 12:59

I am back in the port in 2 weeks - this time for a girls holiday. Will definitely being give it another go or several if the cocktails come up to expectation!!