Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:08

Default Best place for Breakfast

Usually we get up later than we do at home; sort out cereals, cofee, tea, juice, toast, maybe yougurt and fruit, wander on to the balcony for a while, read a newspaper, wash up, and find we have wasted half the day! We are lucky if we are out by 10am - what a waste!

This visit, I WILL set the alarm on one or two days and get everyone up early to experience something different. What are the suggestions for somewhere to have breakfast, with lovely views of the port waking up, people watching, and a choice of breakfast. What are the best times? Not TOO early please!!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:36

In June this year we went out for a morning walk and breakfast every second day but ended up going to C'an Josep everytime as the first day it was so good !

I had croissant and cafe con leche. The croissants are freshly baked each morning so when we got there around 10ish they were lovely and warm.

My husband had the fried breakfast, it comes with bacon, sausage, beans, fried egg, mushrooms and toast butter jams etc plus coffee for 4.95 euros. There was not an ounce of fat on the plate which made me even try it one day and, as someone who is not into fry ups, I finished it all !

The only day I tried something else was when I had strawberries one day - not on menu but was no problem.

Going back in 2 weeks and will be back for more.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34

I will go along with you Star superb breakfast and people watch Bella only one small problem he does not open till 08:00 is that to late for you.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:40

Bella - we had a great breakfast at The Joker in May. We got there for 9am but were asked to go back a bit later! (He explained it was too early in the season to open earlier!) So we walked and talked amongst ourselves for half an hour or so and went back and had an excellent full breakfast with lots of people watching! Worth a try
Old 02-08-2010, 13:29

We also had breakfast at the Joker which was really good. We had breakfast at Sis Pins, but were a bit disappointed. Maybe it was because it was after 09:30 and most of the food had gone. I had to ask on three occasions for eggs and when they did come there was very little bacon and no bread for toast. I think though that they realised it was not up to their standards and only charged us for two breakfasts instead of three. I would try Sis Pins again when we are back next year.
Old 02-08-2010, 13:32

We've had excellent cooked breakfasts this week at both C'an Josep (4.95) and Joker (6.25). Great people/boat/sea watching at both venues
Old 02-08-2010, 14:55

We had a good breakfast in a lovely setting at Joker, but the help yourself buffet at Bahia beat it hands down.

6 euros available from 08.00 to 10.00. Continental and english. The little spanish sausages were great!
Old 02-08-2010, 15:15

El Pozo on the main street is great in the early morning.

Freshly squeezed orange juice starts the day nicely.

Wizzard
Old 02-08-2010, 16:45

Does Illa Dor serve a breakfast on the terrace?
Old 02-08-2010, 17:32

Thumbs up

Hi in June this year we went out most mornings at 08.30 had a lovely leisurely walk along the pine walk to Ila d'or and on walk back stopped at Voramar supermarket for morning papers then went to Los Pescadores I actually did not realise until this year that they did breakfast sitting on their new decking with your toes in the sand we had 2 x freshly squeezed orange , 2 x eggs on toast and 1 x white coffee beautifully presented with nice napkins and tasted great all for only 12.25 Euro with views to absolutely die for !! leisurely read at the papers. Would strongly recommend - what a wonderful start to the day!!
Old 02-08-2010, 18:59

Bella

I think you do well to get out for 10am

Bahia Buffet breakfast is fantastic ....... expecially when followed by a walk to Illa d'or and yet another cafe con leche

Joker breakie also good but very much the full english option

Illa Dor don;t do bvreakie for non residents unless you book for a few days in advance aand I think that may only be if you are staying in the illa Dor appts

Another great option is to go into Pollensa , but pastries at It Gardino bakery and then go round corner to their restaurant and order drinks and sit eat drink and enjoy ....... great for sunday market day if there early enought to avoid crowds
Old 02-08-2010, 19:15

That would be my choice CD, in fact I am doing it next week, Market, cake shop and then Il Gardino for coffee and fresh orange juice, read the papers and watch the world go by.

On island time!!
Old 02-08-2010, 19:43

L'Olivera's also do a good breakfast

Eating Out
Old 02-08-2010, 20:35

Like Can Joseps, but OH saying he would prefer somewhere without the road inbetween the view! Anywhere along Pine Walk with continental style breakfast? Pollensa option sounds lovely cd, but would really like a slow wake up view! Will certainly consider it for market day though.
Old 02-08-2010, 22:22

In that case go for the Bahia Buffet ...... something for everyone and a lovelly view from the new decking