Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2009, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
BL. You and I both know that people use words in sentences that dont always reflect the exact meaning in the dictionary. Only foodlover can really clarify what he/she meant by "less discerning clientele". Its not a phrase I hear often and still IMO reeks of snobbery. Perhaps FL will come back?

It seems that any "criticism" of any fans favourites on this board renders you a rebel. Please understand that my take on Jaimes charisma (I have been there countless times but never has he tried to engage me in conversation but in fairness Im not a person who tries to be on first name terms with every bar owner/restaurant owner in pp) is far outweighed by the wonderful fayre he serves.

Like any business the owner cant be everything. I love O Lume as it is and couldnt really care where it is. If we fancy going we do and arent put off by the lack of buzz but IMO if he wants to tackle the "bigger boys" he would be better off with somebody fronting the restaurant who is not so "understated".
Discerning was used as per its meaning. Nothing to do with class or snobbery. Have another look at my NAME- Foodlover. Give you any clues as to why the word discerning might be relevant here?
As for Jaime tackling the "bigger boys"- its not about that, o lume is great BECAUSE it isnt catering for the mass market - I hope it never tries to compete with the "Big Boys"!!
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2009, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodlover View Post
Discerning was used as per its meaning. Nothing to do with class or snobbery. Have another look at my NAME- Foodlover. Give you any clues as to why the word discerning might be relevant here?
As for Jaime tackling the "bigger boys"- its not about that, o lume is great BECAUSE it isnt catering for the mass market - I hope it never tries to compete with the "Big Boys"!!
Please accept my apologies FL but where I grew up nobody would have used this term.

Back on topic. Your post is a wee bit contradictory. Do you want O Lume to stay where it is or would you prefer a move to a place with a wee bit more ambience? Jaime is moving for one reason only, because he is too quiet and wants to gain more of a share of the market. Hence the reason about taking on the "bigger boys". There is hee-haw wrong with doing this and in fact you have to take your hat off to him as he realises that his restaurant is too quiet and lacks buzz. My concerns are that if he is to do this his understatedness (copyright Bonyslad) might not attract the punters and effectively he will end up with the same quiet restaurant with a loyal following but in a new location.
Old 22-09-2009, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
Please accept my apologies FL but where I grew up nobody would have used this term.

Back on topic. Your post is a wee bit contradictory. Do you want O Lume to stay where it is or would you prefer a move to a place with a wee bit more ambience? Jaime is moving for one reason only, because he is too quiet and wants to gain more of a share of the market. Hence the reason about taking on the "bigger boys". There is hee-haw wrong with doing this and in fact you have to take your hat off to him as he realises that his restaurant is too quiet and lacks buzz. My concerns are that if he is to do this his understatedness (copyright Bonyslad) might not attract the punters and effectively he will end up with the same quiet restaurant with a loyal following but in a new location.
I dont really mind whether he moves or not. I think if he is in a location nearer the front he will obviously get more custom and no doubt there will be some who dont return but Im quite sure his 'loyal following' will steadily increase. As I said originally, IMO he already has a successful restaurant. and I cant wait to go back where ever it is!
Old 23-09-2009, 07:18

Foodlover I second what you say.
Old 23-09-2009, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Smiddy, I looked back to see my original comment on O Lume on the 16th Jan, this year, Food wasn,t good, Jaime hardly said anything apart from how good his meat was(which it wasn,t).Went back again in May, again didnt like it, so won,t go back. I also commented that I thought their was a clique regarding this restaurant, which got a few peoples back up, but I,m not the only one who has said it is over rated. I was only giving a different point of view, you obviously like it, enjoy it. Sometimes I just think this post is like a broken record. GPM
GPM, Thanks for taking the time to point that out, i know Jaime reads this board and he takes peoples comments very seriously, i'm sure he'll take note.
Now we know the reason(s) for your dislike of the place. You made your point quite clearly on the 16th Jan, you don't like the place, wouldn't you agree you've already had your say and there's no further need for the continued ,non-review, comments.
Old 23-09-2009, 23:10

Smiddy, people come on to the forum to pick up tips ect and for restaurants to visit.I would never have went to O lume for instance if I hadn,t read about it on here.As I have said not for me but I have went to others that I now visit regularly and would never have found if not for the forum. My problem is when there is so many posts usually from the same people about certain places, that I feel are going over the top I can,t help giving another view, but in the interests of peace to a fellow weegie, I promise no more digs at O,lume. I wish him every success in his new premises. Gpm
Old 24-09-2009, 11:06

Default O Lume

Ok GPM, Love to have a beer with you in PP.
Old 25-09-2009, 07:52

Look forward to it, Smiddy
Old 25-09-2009, 13:14

GPM you have to pay