Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2009, 16:21
Super Moderator

Absolutely Smiddy, and as i have already said it will be within easy staggering distance for us. Could even get back to El Posito for a nightcap or two.
Old 20-09-2009, 20:24

Would it be unfiar to suggest that Jaime doesnt have the necessary charisma to create a busy/succesful restaurant no matter where in the port?
Old 20-09-2009, 22:44
Super Moderator

Erm !! yes. Jaime is the most charismatic host i know. I assure you the only problem with O'Lume is LOCATION. But that will soon change hopefully
Old 20-09-2009, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
Would it be unfiar to suggest that Jaime doesnt have the necessary charisma to create a busy/succesful restaurant no matter where in the port?
what nonsense! Jaime is a great host and O Lume IS a successful restaurant already as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of so called "successful" restaurants in the Port that appeal to the less discerning clientele.. but I know where I would prefer to go!
Old 21-09-2009, 09:28

Smile

I was there on Friday evening and was glad we had booked. With the exception of one table O Lume was full to capacity and Jamie was fantastic managing front of house single handed. Service was impeccable and time to listen to everyone.

On quieter evenings we have experienced Jamie's sense of humour and very much look forward to returning at the current or new location.
Old 21-09-2009, 11:55

Rab! Yes i think it would be unfair, Jaime always has time for his customers, no matter how busy, and everbody is treated with the same respect. I find that with most restaurants in PP if you take the time to talk to the staff they respond with enthusiasm, even the Chinese people who speak little English ( no change that to especialy).

Going back to Jaime, when i was in last week i commented to my wife " I've just realised, that after all our visits to O'LUME, your'e served a wonderful meal, expertly timed, want for nothing, and you wouldn't even know he was there" A true professional.
Old 21-09-2009, 13:38

Spot on Smiddy i cant fault the man either
Old 21-09-2009, 17:45

I would agree with all these positive comments. He always provides a good and extremely friendly service and as previous posts stated Jaime always has time for a chat.

My only concern is when he does move it will be full every night, then I'll have to remember to book

Timberman
Old 21-09-2009, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodlover View Post
what nonsense! Jaime is a great host and O Lume IS a successful restaurant already as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of so called "successful" restaurants in the Port that appeal to the less discerning clientele.. but I know where I would prefer to go!
"Less discerning clientele". My God that reeks of upper-class snobbery! The empire has gone old bean, come into the real world!

Whenever we have been in Jaime (If Im thinking of the right guy. Balding with glasses and a 'tache?) has been perfectly pleasant serving fantastic food. However as much as most of the posters on this board agree that the food is fantastic it cant be all to do with location that its so quiet and lacking in atmosphere. IMO Jaime doesnt have the charisma of the guy from Tangos or Toni from El Posito nor even Maria from Simbads!!! If he were more charismatic the restaurant would be busier no matter where the location. e.g. Tangos Sa Vostra. I wish him well in his new location and hope Im proved wrong with my views as I love his grub.
Old 21-09-2009, 19:29

Rab, Do you not know, you are not allowed to critisize O Lume, you,r in for a telling off, or like me told to take a day off.
Old 21-09-2009, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
"Less discerning clientele". My God that reeks of upper-class snobbery! The empire has gone old bean, come into the real world!
Rab,

Out of order my friend, nothing to do with class , check out the meaning of discerning i.e. showing good judgement . I ,might, for many reasons i.e. drink, laziness,cost, ease, walk into any establishment be it MacDonalds or Starbucks and be temporarily lacking good judgement in my opinion. Don't necessarily mean class or upbringing dictates where we eat.

When you've been told to " P**s off, out of my restaurant" by that raving extrovert Gordon Ramsey I think most people would appreciate Jaime's strengths.

He might be slightly understated , but he understands customer service and is excellent at providing it.

Long may he succeed.

BonysLad
Old 22-09-2009, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Rab,

Out of order my friend, nothing to do with class , check out the meaning of discerning i.e. showing good judgement . I ,might, for many reasons i.e. drink, laziness,cost, ease, walk into any establishment be it MacDonalds or Starbucks and be temporarily lacking good judgement in my opinion. Don't necessarily mean class or upbringing dictates where we eat.

When you've been told to " P**s off, out of my restaurant" by that raving extrovert Gordon Ramsey I think most people would appreciate Jaime's strengths.

He might be slightly understated , but he understands customer service and is excellent at providing it.

Long may he succeed.

BonysLad
BL. You and I both know that people use words in sentences that dont always reflect the exact meaning in the dictionary. Only foodlover can really clarify what he/she meant by "less discerning clientele". Its not a phrase I hear often and still IMO reeks of snobbery. Perhaps FL will come back?

It seems that any "criticism" of any fans favourites on this board renders you a rebel. Please understand that my take on Jaimes charisma (I have been there countless times but never has he tried to engage me in conversation but in fairness Im not a person who tries to be on first name terms with every bar owner/restaurant owner in pp) is far outweighed by the wonderful fayre he serves.

Like any business the owner cant be everything. I love O Lume as it is and couldnt really care where it is. If we fancy going we do and arent put off by the lack of buzz but IMO if he wants to tackle the "bigger boys" he would be better off with somebody fronting the restaurant who is not so "understated".
Old 22-09-2009, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Rab, Do you not know, you are not allowed to critisize O Lume, you,r in for a telling off, or like me told to take a day off.
I hope my points are taken as constructive criticism GPM.
Old 22-09-2009, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
GPM, You most certainly are allowed to critise O' Lume if you wish, i know for a fact Jaime would welcome any constructive critisism, otherwise how can he address peoples concerns?

Perhaps you could refer me to your original review were you explained your dislike of the restaurant, and the reasons why? Otherwise you just come across as someone taking random pops whenever he seems to be getting good reviews, that is not critisism, it's bordering on a vendetta.
Old 22-09-2009, 10:57

Smiddy, I looked back to see my original comment on O Lume on the 16th Jan, this year, Food wasn,t good, Jaime hardly said anything apart from how good his meat was(which it wasn,t).Went back again in May, again didnt like it, so won,t go back. I also commented that I thought their was a clique regarding this restaurant, which got a few peoples back up, but I,m not the only one who has said it is over rated. I was only giving a different point of view, you obviously like it, enjoy it. Sometimes I just think this post is like a broken record. GPM