Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:07

Default Latitude, Pollensa Town (Formerly Ca'n Costa)

Yes Lala, we have. We were very disappointed with virtually everything about it, but thats because we were obviously comparing it to Can Costa as was. In this case I think I will stick to "if you cant say anything nice, say nothing at all". Its fine if you want to take children or even buggies.

Last edited by JH02JLH; 05-08-2009 at 21:07.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 14:17

Default Report

Belladonna, God forbid we only say nice things about restaurants. Get it off your chest, we'll all benefit
Old 05-08-2009, 15:49

Really? Ok then.

The sparkly black carpet has now covered totally the lovely marble steps.
The walls and the floor have been painted a battle ship grey.
Cant remember what the pictures were now - if there were any - but obviously not as eye catching as before.
Not overly busy, but waitress still dashing about in and out of restaurant to serve.
Only 3 choices of starters and mains and 5 for desserts, which wouldnt have been too bad except that even before we ordered we were told that one of the starters and one of the mains was not available.
Wine selection VERY poor, and even the one we ordered was not available.
After having our starter, the waitress came up and asked us if we would like to see the dessert menu
"Well", said hubby "I think we would rather have our main course served first!"

To be fair, food that was ordered and finally delivered was good, but the ambience is pretty run of the mill now and the choices are poor.
No longer one which we feel is a good couples night out, but probably now for younger families as buggies are welcome at tables as are dvd players to keep them amused.

Sorry if this is not how others have seen it, but it is exactly how a few of us have. Phew, ok its off my chest now Smiddy.
Old 05-08-2009, 16:04
Super Moderator

Thanks Bella, i was going to try it but...... DVD players? in a restaurant. Erm!! no i won't be bothering now.
Old 05-08-2009, 16:13

I'm crying here...
Old 05-08-2009, 17:14

Boo! I loved can Costa.

We only went as far as the Foyer this time so didn't get to see the inside and the things you mentioned Bella. There was nothing on the menu for hubby so we didn't go in but the Foyer still looked so inviting ...

Maybe it was nostalgia
Old 05-08-2009, 18:45

Had never been to Can Costa but always appreciated the reviews.

Buggies beside the tables drives me loopy!

and Dvd players?

The world's gone nuts!

PS Not my usual face you will note!
Old 05-08-2009, 19:29

I have to make it clear though that it was the parents who had brought the dvd player in and not that it was supplied by the restaurant!
But would you......!!??
Old 05-08-2009, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portofan View Post
Had never been to Can Costa but always appreciated the reviews.

Buggies beside the tables drives me loopy!

and Dvd players?

The world's gone nuts!

PS Not my usual face you will note!
I have to say I've been to Ca'n Costa with a pram...when my daughter was 9 weeks old and she slept right through the meal, not a murmur! We had a table tucked away in the corner and no-one even knew she was there!

Such a shame the place has changed hands...never mind, I have some fantastic memories.
Old 05-08-2009, 21:28

Sorry I have to disagree. We went for the second time a couple of weeks ago and had an excellent meal. Yes the menu is fairly limited but if it means the food is freshly sourced and cooked ( as it tasted) rather than being pre frozen and microwaved, give me a small choice anyday. The place was quite busy with a mix of nationalities. The waitresses were polite and friendly despite being busy.
The decor is not garish, the sparkly steps look lovely, the "battle ship grey" is a stylish and quite modern turquoisy blue and the floor is a creamy colour !! Latitude isn't that much different from the old CC, simpler and cleaner if anything (particularly the loos).Definately more reasonable and better food.
Just what is wrong with a buggy at the table for heavens sake if the child in it is quiet. The Spanish love children and try to accommodate families.
Please dont be put off, give it a try and then comment.
I would like to add my views are my own I have no connection with the restaurant.

Last edited by klad1; 06-08-2009 at 00:51.
Old 05-08-2009, 21:46

Yes, as I have said before, it is just an opinion of some who have been there, and of course there are others who will like it! It is totally different from the original Can Costa though and THAT is what I am trying to put accross.
I blame Smiddy for making me post and getting me into trouble YET AGAIN!!
Old 05-08-2009, 22:23

If we were visiting PP this year we would definitely have gone to Latitude, just to see for ourselves what it was like.

However, Belladonna has hit the nail on the head when she says "it is totally different from the old Ca'n Costa".

I've known and loved Ca'n Costa for 13 years - I have some wonderful memories of eating there with my whole family and I've only ever had one off meal. I can't help feeling a bit sad that the whole atmosphere and experience has changed because it was probably my favourite restaurant in the world!

But, if we go back to PP next year (and I have a feeling we will!) I'll definitely try the new place!
Old 05-08-2009, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by klad1 View Post
Sorry I have to disagree. We went for the second time a couple of weeks ago and had an excellent meal. Yes the menu is fairly limited but if it means the food is freshly sourced and cooked ( as it tasted) rather than being pre frozen and microwaved, give me a small choice anyday.
My daughter worked in Ca'n Costa for the summer season a couple of years ago and the food was not pre frozen and microwaved. I haven't eaten at Latitude (yet maybe?) so cannot comment on the food but have seen the new decor and read the very limited menu. It is certainly very different from CC and doesn't appear to have the wow factor!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:11

Like many of the previous posters I'm really sorry to see C'an Costa close, we are off to Pollensa in a few weeks and were really looking forward to dining there. In one sense I'm tempted to try Latitude, however if it doesn't match up to C'an Costa we will be disappointed, I know you should not prejudge but it is hard to believe it will be as good as C'an Costa, the place was simply amazing!

Does anyone know if Mister Green is still open in Sa Pobla? I know this was the sister restaurant to C'an Costa. I do hope it is, as I am sure we will make every effort to eat there one evening.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24

Having not frequented either of these restaurants I feel I am totally unbiased. Ca'n Costa probably took a while to build up it's reputation and atmosphere in the early days, so give Latitude a chance guys!