Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 00:01

Default Bar Nou, Pollensa Old Town

I’d always wanted to try this little restaurant, tucked away down a side street in Pollensa old town so leaving hubby and son at the Café Espanyol, I walked the short distance to Bar Nou with my daughter to book a table.

The restaurant only has outside tables and we looked at the sky anxiously as storm clouds gathered overhead and a distant rumble of thunder could be heard. Luckily the restaurant had large umbrellas over the tables, as minutes after sitting down, drops of rain fell from the dark and stormy sky.

We ordered a choice of dishes from our friendly waitress – garlic bread for the children, chicken wings for hubby and a mixed salad for me, followed by grilled breast of chicken, rabbit and spaghetti.

The garlic bread was plentiful and my mixed salad contained everything you could wish for including olives, boiled egg and asparagus. The main courses were beautifully cooked and although simple, were very tasty. I had the chicken along with my daughter and it was succulent and moist. It was served with boiled potatoes and grilled asparagus and was delicious. Hubby’s rabbit was huge and he gamely attacked it with his knife and fork before succumbing and picking it up to eat.

The position of Bar Nou is lovely, although my view was slightly spoiled by the neon lights of the bank opposite. However, if I craned my neck to the right, I could see the lovely old walls of the church and the constant procession of people passing by made for an interesting night.

Having no room for pud, we staggered off into the night…thankfully it had now stopped raining!

Bill came to 77 euros including drinks.

Jane
Sponsored Links