Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 10:23

Default Latitude N (previously Can Costa)

Thought I would start a new thread as I believe it deserves a mention rather than getting lost in the Can Costa debate.
I dont think it is fair to make negative comments unless you have tried it no matter how much you loved CC . To be honest it isnt that much different in atmosphere and has been redecorated tastefully. The carpet isnt that bad and looks very pretty at night. I would still class this as a medium /high end restaurant with reasonable pricing.
The food was superb, free tasty appetiser prior to starters of grilled veg for me hubby had spicy succulent prawns. Mains of Monkfish and a loin of lamb both beautifully cooked and presented with delicious veg. We were too full for dessert but had 2 coffees and were given the choice of on the house post dinner drinks.
With a beer, glass of wine and water the bill was approx 55 euros.
The menu isnt that much shorter than the old CC was but husband and I both thought it better to have a smaller choice and know things are fresh unlike some of the groaning menus at some restaurants that you know have been whipped out of the freezer and microwaved.
I can't remember if there was a veggie option (I am sure that could be accomodated if not, the staff did seem willing to please) but there were about 6/8 starters 6 mains including venison, lamb, steak, and various fish dishes. There were quite a few Spanish eating there which has to be a thumbs up. It's definately worth a visit.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33
Super Moderator

Hi Klad, so glad you enjoyed your meal, it sounds delicious and it's nice to hear from someone who has actually been there.
Thanks for posting it.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45

Hi klad, thanks for your post, just to clear one thing up has the name now changed to what you said with no mention of CC any more?, its just that I found a web page, which I wont post as they dont advertise here, stating that CC was open under new management, which is correct.
Thanks
Old 05-05-2009, 15:37

Pleasure Sparky I know everyone has their own views on things and we were a bit hesitant but it was a very pleasant evening.

SWS Definately Latitud N ( the e is formed from a clever knife fork and spoon pattern on the logo) , the new owners are Argentinian, we didnt see them but were told they had been looking for a place for a while.
Old 05-05-2009, 15:47

Yes, it is good to have a report from someone who has eaten there and Im happy that they will have a good change of clientel. As debz and I both said, the comments were purely in our opinion, as avid patrons of Can Costa we feel it is definately not the same type of restaurant ambience wise and would not draw us in for a special meal, but for an easy night out - thats yet to be tried!
Old 05-05-2009, 20:22

Not quite sure what you mean by change of clientele!! The ambiance was very much like CC the food was better but the prices more reasonable. How can you say what it is like if you havn't tried it, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:34

Youre absolutely right - we may well be. What I was trying to put across, and obviously not managing, was the fact that to walk up to the original CC on the red carpet and to go into the lovely contemporary feel and sit on the sofas with the soft lighting and order cocktails and have nibbles , classy waiter service etc etc, was what made it special. To go in knowing people will be using wi-fi and just using it as a bar gives it a totally different feel and therefore will be used by people wanting a different atmosphere.
No insults intended, just an observation. As not having to worry about young children for a while, we love going to restaurants that are just a little bit special now and then and they do seem to be losing out to the ones that are either more tourist pulling, or perhaps less if they aim for more locals, and I know it is probably a finance issue but its still a shame to lose them.

Last edited by Belladonna; 06-05-2009 at 08:52.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:48

At night that carpet twinkles like the night sky it is very pretty. The huge sofas and contempory feel remain. The bar area is very discreet it would be difficult to distinguish between anybody who had called in for a drink and those drinking cocktails whilst waiting for a table. If anybody had been using wifi it would hardly have impacted on the feel of the place it is so huge.
Our meals arrived covered with a silver dome, maybe a bit ott but it ensured the food was piping hot. Even the locals may want a special night out sometime and if that can be done without breaking the bank the place deserves to succeed.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09

We may take a look when we are over, sounds nice, is there any news on the menu, any veggie stuff?
Old 13-05-2009, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by klad1 View Post
At night that carpet twinkles like the night sky it is very pretty. The huge sofas and contempory feel remain.
Oh no,

Not another M.P.s second home ???

( just that no one's posted for 24 hours on the restaurant /bar section so can't let it go any longer ).

BonysLad
Old 29-04-2010, 13:28
Under Moderation

Default Thursday pa amb oli

I've been in the promotion day with pa amb oli and dinks for 9 euros and its a very good option to taste it!
Old 03-05-2010, 18:07

Wife & I ate there last thursday evening, only winter menu on, 3 starters & 2 main courses, but it was delicous and reasonable, will definately go back again. Waitress advised us that the full menu starts this week.