Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 10:32

Default Pollensa town

We are off to PP again in end of August and have never ventured into Pollensa - how far is it from Puerto Pollensa, walking distance or do we have to get a taxi/bus, ibearing in mind we have a 7 year old who doesn't take too kindly to walking to much! If Taxi how much can we expect to pay?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Mandy, i don't think walking to Pollensa would be easy for your little one.I think a taxi would be under 10euros, but haven't done that recently so not too sure. The buses run frequently and are quite cheap. Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:48

Hi Mandy and welcome, as sparky says it would be to far to walk, bus or taxi would be best, we paid around 10 euros last year, bus is less than a euro per person. On the subject of taxis does anyone have a list of the set prices for them this year?
Old 09-07-2008, 13:24
Founder

Bus Times into Pollensa can be found here: http://www.puertopollensa.com/transp...ins.html#buses

Taxi prices are still as for 2007 but I shouldn't think there is a major increase. If anyone has the 2008 ones, please let me know & I'll update the site.
Old 09-07-2008, 13:33

Thanks pollensa for your usual prompt, excellent service. Last year it was 8.50 which I make £7, not bad for up to 4 people, we usually bus in and taxi out as the buses stop fairly early, hope this helps Mandy
Old 09-07-2008, 13:49

Smile

Thanks for those, good to have a copy with me. Staying at the Playa Mar for third year running but self catering this time so will be out and about plenty.
We can't remember the name of a restaurant we have been to each year just off one of the streets near the square and the man that owns it? usually stands outside with a green apron on, with beard and glasses, usually a limited choice of food, handwritten menu usually but we've always found it really nice - can anyone help??
Old 09-07-2008, 20:30

The old town of Pollensa represents by far the biggest change we have seen since we first came to PP in 1994.

The town is much more developed, and the Sunday market massively busier. Even in April or October parking is much more of a challenge than it used to be.

That said, it has a unique atmosphere and is well worth a visit for anyone staying in the port for the first time. Some time we must stay there for a change.
Old 09-07-2008, 22:04

I agree with Disorderly regarding parking in Pollensa getting more challenging each time you go. I think we might start to use the underground car park in the future.
Old 13-07-2008, 12:00

Smile

We stayed in a villa on the outskirts of the old town and it was an easy 15 mins stroll to get to the square. We thought the location perfect. The narrow old town streets are so cool to wander around with the shade from the buildings, and the restaurants in the old town are fab. Staying nearby and walking in is defo the best way to get your bearings (take a map just in case - it is a bit of a maze!) I wouldn't take the car in anymore - just park on the outskirts and stroll in.

Noticed a lot more German families and French families in the old town than the Port (this was also true of old Alcudia.) It was very quiet (unlike Alcudia.) Other than market day we found everywhere a little light on patrons as if it were out of season - April or May not June/ July. The siesta is honoured and so the afternoons were particularly quiet and we often joined Spanish families eating a bit later on at night. Bliss!

My favourite spot is the little square at the bottom of the steps - I find Placa Mayor a bit ...I dunno - too wide maybe after the narrow streets! LOL!

Encountered some seriously grumpy fruit sellers at the market but it was worth it - the produce was fabulous!

Lala