Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-2008, 09:49

Default Ca'n Costa

We went to Can Costa on Monday. it was very disappointing. They had "run out" of all red and white wines costing less than 20 euros. No house wine at all. It is somewhat irritating to feel coerced into spending 20-30 euros for the wine in addition to the already expensive price for the main courses. The fish bisque was mediocre the steak was Ok but overcooked for medium rare, the chicken with mozzarella and Serrano ham with truffle oil was pretty tasteless. Unfortunately we have misplaced the itemised bill but it seems we were charged about 14 euros for a very small bottle of still water and 2 coffees. We left wishing we had gone to Font del Gall...better food, prices and ambiance.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-10-2008, 22:01

We're just back in Scotland tonight and ate in Ca'n Costa on Thursday night... I couldn't fault the evening although we arrived just after 8 o'clock and left around 10:30 and were the only people in the whole evening!

I'll write up reviews of the other resturants we ate at this week later but I can confirm from my itemised bill that a Cafe con Leche was 2.10 and the small bottle of still water was 2.60 euros. Our bill for four wasn't the most expensive of the week though at 232.60!

The only disappointments this evening were that they wouldn't mix us some cocktails this time and I'm sure they have in the past and that our favourite waiter - Alex - has moved on...

I'll write more in a while.

Links
Old 19-10-2008, 13:22

We too ate in Ca'an Costa on monday evening. We had a bottle of house white. I had the steak rare cooked to perfection. My husband had the chicken which he said was delicious. As usual Rod was crooning in the background, all very relaxing, there was one large party and maybe three other tables occupied. We enjoyed the evening so much we returned on Friday our last evening in Pollensa once again the food was of a very high standard. We also visited Font de Gall another our favorites, no complaints there but if i choose, Ca'an Costa every time!!
Old 19-10-2008, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEPSET View Post
As usual Rod was crooning in the background, all very relaxing
Agreed - we enjoyed the album (showing my age here!) so much we went out and bought it today!

I can remember some years back first hearing Katie Melua in Ca'n Costa for the first time and rushing out to buy that too based on that experience. Even today "9 Million Bicycles in Beijing" reminds us of that night in Ca'n Costa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEPSET View Post
We enjoyed the evening so much we returned on Friday our last evening in Pollensa
We went on the Thursday of our week and were sorely tempted to return on our last night too for a second night in succession before our return home but felt it was a bit extravagant. We went to Clivia instead - and spent more!! Still thoroughly enjoyed that too.

Links
Old 20-10-2008, 08:33

I originally wrote my response under the "romantic places to eat ( or not to as the case may be) I was surprised that someone decided to move my post and give it the heading Can Costa my intent was not to make an issue. I do however stand by what I wrote.
I am very surprised you say the house white was available. Did you get the wine list with the black dots denoting all the wines that were unavailable including the house white and red? The Monday evening that we ate was the 13th and there was no Rod crooning in the background! Malcolm you were very lucky you werent overcharged for your drinks.
Old 20-10-2008, 09:45

I moved your post because I think it's fair to say it was a review of a restaurant in its own right, rather than a recommendation of a romantic place to eat which is what the original poster was asking.
Old 20-10-2008, 15:31

I was just giving my view as to why a potentially romantic evening could be spoilt. Font del Gal was recommended.
Old 20-10-2008, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by klad1 View Post
Did you get the wine list with the black dots denoting all the wines that were unavailable including the house white and red?
ah - i spotted that and wondered what they meant! I must have been lucky!

Links
Old 21-10-2008, 16:32

Yes Klad1 it was Monday the 13th we dined at Ca'an Costa. Arrived at around 8ish. Had our pre dinner drinks on the big sofas. Rarely look at the wine menu as we usually find the house wine suits us. So i couldn't tell you about dots on the menu. All i can say is we had the house white on Monday and Friday. Very nice it was too. Rod was most definitely there in the background on both occasions. Only wish i could say we'll be there this week too.Alas it's back to reality!!!!!
Old 24-10-2008, 17:10

Jepset. We had booked for 9 15. Were you sitting on the left at the back? You must have had the last bottle of house white as when we requested it we were told it was not available.