Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-2009, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Will he also have to get a bigger television to show Coronation Street ?
so true smiddy, any time i walk by eastenders, corrie, cricket, manure or chelsea on the box give me river city any day
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2009, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1 View Post
Never seen coronation st on there as i always get there later , people like different things thats life
Agree, People like different things , but PP was never like that, there are plenty of other resorts to cater for these type of tastes, if that's what they crave. Like many of the regular vistors to PP who have been going for decades i'm saddened to see that culture slowly creep in. If left unchecked, how long before we have a "Bronco Bull" in the middle of the square? I've no gripe against Bony's, just what it's getting turned into, chiefly to line someones pocket.
Old 18-02-2009, 12:58

Quote:
I've no gripe against Bony's, just what it's getting turned into, chiefly to line someones pocket.
and I suppose smiddy all the rest just do it because they like enjoy it and give their profits to charity?
Old 18-02-2009, 14:22
Founder

OK Guys. This post is turning into a very similar one that we had last year about Bonys & which I had to close as the comments started becoming personal.

The original information in this post was that it looks as if Bony's is expanding & if anyone has anything further to add then, please do post.

Apart from that it's obvous that there are some very strong views for & against this establishment as well as other members who may not be that keen but choose to go elswhere.

So if you have anything new to add, please post but please don't ressurect the pro-con Bony's, Tex Mex etc.

Thanks.
Old 19-02-2009, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Are not the shops off the square ??.
The paper/ toy shop is off the square to the rear of Bonys, the Bag shop is on the square to the right of Bony's as you face it, standing in the square (or the trees if you wish to be specific
Old 27-02-2009, 15:12

A frequenter of PP for the last 25 years and have too seenmany changes but agree with all would rather spend time sat in Bonnys than in a bar in England - doesnt compare. We have hoped for the last few years to be in a position to buy an apt but cannot so all you who have managed this please dont moan think of the people who love it but cant own a property there - things change all over but the beauty of pp will always remain it for us and my family is pure class and beauty.
Old 28-02-2009, 22:27

PP becoming too popular!We all have ourselves to blame.Who havent we told what a wonderful place it is over the years.It is not surprising that word has got out and multiplied.We should have kept our little secret.It is still a great place though and I hope we will still think so in another thirty years
Old 03-04-2009, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
The paper/ toy shop is off the square to the rear of Bonys, the Bag shop is on the square to the right of Bony's as you face it, standing in the square (or the trees if you wish to be specific
Back in the port for a couple of days now and only ventured out this morning ( driving rain, wind and quite cold so enjoy the UK weather , folks ). Walked past Bonys and got dragged in by Jose to see the new extension. Bar in old paper shop quite nice and could be a good venue for footie , eliminating the need to have TVs out on the street side. So what's changed ?

a) Council have banned Jose from all sweet throwing.

b) After discussion he has agreed to reduce drinks prices to 2007 levels. Believe the large spirits and mixers now under 5 Euros and other drinks reduced accordingly.

c) After complaints by front line businesses I think all restaurants in square have to reduce their outside "footprints" . Apparently the Square had become too popular and if you were paying top dollar for front line rates they were not happy bunnies.

So, time will tell. Also told Jose to clean up the "tacky " signs etc as he wanted my opinion.

Interesting to see how the year unfolds.

BonysLad ( No commercial connection with Bonys at all )
Old 03-04-2009, 20:04

Great post bonys, enjoy your stay what ever the weather, I think I know where you would rather be, thats interesting news about the inside bar sounds nice and as for the sweets and prices that what everyone has been mentioning, he should have a lot more customers this year, next time can you ask him if reads our posts, or is aware of out comments,

Quote 'BonysLad ( No commercial connection with Bonys at all )' didnt he even give you a freebe, have a great time
Old 03-04-2009, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Great post bonys, enjoy your stay what ever the weather, I think I know where you would rather be, thats interesting news about the inside bar sounds nice and as for the sweets and prices that what everyone has been mentioning, he should have a lot more customers this year, next time can you ask him if reads our posts, or is aware of out comments,

Quote 'BonysLad ( No commercial connection with Bonys at all )' didnt he even give you a freebe, have a great time
Thanks SWS, he wanted me ( seems to think I speak for all tourists ??? )to let you all know about his prices but I have my price as well and that's to criticise where I think it's due. Let's hope this place moves a little more upmarket this year . Time will tell .

BonysLad
Old 04-04-2009, 00:02
Super Moderator

Hi Bonyslad, didn't know about the sweet throwing being stopped but hubby was told that all bars/ restaurants in the square had to reduce their footprints so they are not allowed to encroach on the bench areas.

Last edited by Sparky; 04-04-2009 at 00:09.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:34

Default bonys expanding

Went into bonys on thursday night .we were the only ones in, he must have taken pity as he gave us the drinks on the house.On the subject of bars, the old R bar has been taken over and will be called Nostalgia,s, the new owner assured me it will be a family pub with no loud music, serving food, sounds promising. The old internet cafe is now the Mouse Trap, run by a guy from Norway, it is NO SMOKING, he told me somebody came in with a fag hanging from his mouth and when he seen the sign walked back out again and said " good luck, you will need it" I hope he does well. Gary from Fletchers has went home for good and it re-opens today run by the Scottish couple from Tribeca.Lastly, Big Elvis starts back in Mulligans next weekend and has a new suit, which is good news as the last one was in danger of taking somebodys eye out if one of the button,s went. I do only go round the pubs in the interest of the forum. Its raining again, better go check out some more. GPM
Old 05-04-2009, 20:25

B/L! You dont half attract some lovely Spring weather. Kiss of death , you are!
Old 06-04-2009, 18:59

Quote:
B/L! You dont half attract some lovely Spring weather. Kiss of death , you are!
Smiddy,

Yeah, Me old Mum always said " Laddie, the sun shines on the righteous !!! ".

Despite buying me boxing gloves , I stll ended up a banker !!!!

Thank gawd for the great pension though , long live the Royal Bank of Scotland !!!!

BonysLad
Old 07-04-2009, 10:50

Default Bony's

Interesting to note the comments from bonyslad about the prices
this year.
At the end of march a "combinado" was still priced at €5.90 but with a 30% discount.
This changed on the 4th april to €5.90 less 15% disc0unt making it €5.00.
I understood this new discount was only till the end of april then the full price would apply again .we shall see !!
THE SENOR