Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 17:58

Bonyslad great post, looks like we will still be in Championship next year he's done a good job. Tell Jose I send my good wishes
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENOR CIGAR View Post
Interesting to note the comments from bonyslad about the prices
this year.
At the end of march a "combinado" was still priced at €5.90 but with a 30% discount.
This changed on the 4th april to €5.90 less 15% disc0unt making it €5.00.
I understood this new discount was only till the end of april then the full price would apply again .we shall see !!
THE SENOR
Senor,

I don't think so, will go in tomorrow ( probably to watch the Blues v Reds ) so will tell Jose that people are expecting these prices all season . That's what he told me last week.

Snowy,

Will do , Elton has agreed to do another show at the Vic this summer on the clear understanding that the money goes towards new players . Maybe Kaka will be in a Hornets shirt next season !!!!

Smiddy,

Phew, Thought I'd be definitely in the " sin bin " for the last post. Don't worry have forgiven all you Scots for bringing the English economy down, can you let us have a bit more oil at reduced prices as your so darned hot up there !!!!

BonysLad
Old 07-04-2009, 20:21
Founder

OK All in the Sin Bin.

Please keep this post on Bony's. You do have the Tapas Bar for footy etc...

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2009, 23:20

Default Bonys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENOR CIGAR View Post
Interesting to note the comments from bonyslad about the prices
this year.
At the end of march a "combinado" was still priced at €5.90 but with a 30% discount.
This changed on the 4th april to €5.90 less 15% disc0unt making it €5.00.
I understood this new discount was only till the end of april then the full price would apply again .we shall see !!
THE SENOR
Im of the understanding that some people get a 30% discount card all year round.

Pretty poor show IMO if correct.
Old 08-04-2009, 13:56

Default Bony's

All this talk of discounts remind me of a funny episode a couple of years ago, long before Corrie and your neighbour virtualy sitting on your lap. Friends of ours went every year and there used to be quite a crowd of them gathered round, chatting and enjoying the square every night. On their last night we joined them and Jose came across and announced that his boss had offered them free drinks for the evening as a thank you for being such good (profitable) customers. Thank you, kind sir, said the assembled multitude! Everybody had a splendid evening. The following night my friend asked me for about 20 euros to contribute to the the "kitty", this i duly gave him. It transpired that Jose's boss had only authorised 1 ROUND, poor Jose was in a terrible state scouring the Port looking for us all.
Old 08-04-2009, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
Im of the understanding that some people get a 30% discount card all year round.

Pretty poor show IMO if correct.
Rab,

Yes, he did last year for folks that frequented Bonys for most of the year. Of course, differential pricing is always wrong but it happens all over the place here. The guy is a business man like most providors here and they have to make their money during the season.

However, the price reductions to 2007 levels will apply to all. Be assured the local folk will not get discounts below this during the coming season.

Will probably pop in for the footy later in his new bar so will emphasise the point to him ( & check there are no tacky signs up !!!! ).

BonysLad
Old 08-04-2009, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Rab,

Yes, he did last year for folks that frequented Bonys for most of the year. Of course, differential pricing is always wrong but it happens all over the place here. The guy is a business man like most providors here and they have to make their money during the season.

However, the price reductions to 2007 levels will apply to all. Be assured the local folk will not get discounts below this during the coming season.

Will probably pop in for the footy later in his new bar so will emphasise the point to him ( & check there are no tacky signs up !!!! ).

BonysLad
You mean different pricing like the other bar across the square that charges lower prices for locals.
Old 08-04-2009, 19:57

You quite often find that sitting at the bar gets you cheaper prices, i.e. no table service.

GG
Old 09-04-2009, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1 View Post
You* mean different pricing like the other bar across the square that charges lower prices for locals.
Not true mate,*If you were to watch them operating they use the old yellow " Postit" system when you order and one per table is left on the bar until paid. Have never in all my years here seen these franked with a "F" for foreigner or "T" for tourist. Simply ain't true.*This pricing thing ( i.e. Bonys last year ) isn't a local versus tourist point, it's about frequency of use and happens all over where regulars get little perks.*Meself, I'm dying to get me hands on a Tesco Loyalty Card but alas not in the UK long enough now !!!!!BonysLad *
Old 09-04-2009, 16:23

Strange that because someone on here in the past and a regular did state that different charges did happen. Just shows you should'nt believe everything you read mate and your right would be strange to write F or T on a post it note

Last edited by Rangers1; 09-04-2009 at 16:26.
Old 09-04-2009, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post

BonysLad

BL, that sounds awful like you are condoning the ripping off of holiday makers using the justification of its a short season, fill yer boots mentallity.
Old 10-04-2009, 00:00
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
BL, that sounds awful like you are condoning the ripping off of holiday makers using the justification of its a short season, fill yer boots mentallity.
Rab, It's not about "Ripping Off" anyone, as BL said it's no different to having a "loyalty card". It goes on everywhere, even in the UK mate.
Old 11-04-2009, 18:01

This seems to be getting a bit "Tacky" "mate"!!

Lets all enjoy our love of these establishments, what else would we have to talk about!!

Roll on to when I can see and have a good banter with Jose again - and choose whether I want to drink there or not.

Holidays are not all about "price", like "dress code" its up to your personal experience.

Jose may reward his regulars with a free drink (whats the difference between this and a reduced price!!)

Restaurants give complimentary drinks etc. If you are a regular you deserve spacial treatment whether it be food or drink or service, as long as the service for all is acceptable.

Constructive comments/news always welcome to read.

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-04-2009, 23:56

Red face the 'footie' room ?

Hiya,

I got the impression that the 'paper shop' was now gonna be the sports room.... and yup, as I passed today, I saw a wide screen, showing sport. The room was empty as far as I could see, but there still was a screen outside also showing sport. I thought the idea was to 'take it' outa the mainstream and dedicate an area. I just dont get footie... but there are loads who do... and it did sound like a good solution. But it looks like the screen in the street is set to continue.

Miriam
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15

Miriam

And i dont get the have a pop at Bonys thing but hey thats what makes the world go round we are all different.