Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2009, 21:03

gers, if you dont like the prices stay in your room, their only trying to make a living. we save up all year to go to pp and have our spending money and yes usually we do spend it all but we have a brilliant time and help to keep the bars, cafes and restaurants open so we can all enjoy them year after year. we noticed jose not about this year even though we dont use bonys. its a shame if its come to businesses going because people either cant or wont pay the prices.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-05-2009, 22:09

Bonylad that is a very thoughtful gesture regarding sending our wishes to Jose.He is a charming man and a wonderful entertainer!!!

Jose
De la plaza no sera la misma sin que se cuida a mi amigo
Get bien pronto!!!!
Old 28-05-2009, 22:26

Nothing seems to provoke more reaction on this site than Bonys.

Being fortunate enough to own an apartment in PP I've visitied numerous times a year now for a number of years with the children and now the grandchildren. Years ago we would sit at Bonys and have 3 or 4 rounds of drinks most nights however now we just pop in probably once a visit for a couple of rounds as the drinks are now simply too expensive.Don't get me wrong I still like the place as I think it adds atmosphere to the square.A few things puzzle me though if Bonys actually are in financial trouble.(1) On our 3 visits so far this year( all out of season ) Bonys although not packed to the rafters had plenty of people outside every night and at the prices they charge I can't believe they aren't making money (2) What business in the tourist industry can afford to completely close 1 day a week ? Why don't they stagger the staffs days off and open every day ?
I would just like to finish by saying that if Jose is ill as believed then I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.At the height of the season last year when the place was bursting at the seams my young grandaughter was sick as a dog all over the floor but Jose even managed to turn this into a lighthearted episode and had people laughing ( including my granddaughter ) whilst mopping up the accident.What more can I say but good luck and all the best Jose - the square wouldn't be the same without you !!!
Old 28-05-2009, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc and lucy View Post
gers, if you dont like the prices stay in your room, their only trying to make a living. we save up all year to go to pp and have our spending money and yes usually we do spend it all but we have a brilliant time and help to keep the bars, cafes and restaurants open so we can all enjoy them year after year. we noticed jose not about this year even though we dont use bonys. its a shame if its come to businesses going because people either cant or wont pay the prices.
TBH I think you're being a bit romantic - I have always likes the odd drink at Bony's too and I'm really sad for Jose if he's having a hard time. However, if there was a bar/pub in your local town/city that was obviously and consistently more expensive than others then I bet you'd avoid it like the plague. The fact is, the majority of us are on holiday when we're in PP, and previously we'd think 'sod it' and spend the money anyway as Bony's has always been a giggle- trouble is, those days are on the wane for a lot of people so you have to cut your cloth accordingly.....
Old 29-05-2009, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labore View Post
I would just like to finish by saying that if Jose is ill as believed then I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.At the height of the season last year when the place was bursting at the seams my young grandaughter was sick as a dog all over the floor but Jose even managed to turn this into a lighthearted episode and had people laughing ( including my granddaughter ) whilst mopping up the accident.What more can I say but good luck and all the best Jose - the square wouldn't be the same without you !!!
Yeah, whatever you think of him he is basically a very decent guy. Four years ago blissfully unaware that the London bombings were unfolding Jose dragged me in off the street to see the horror unfold on the tv ( no Tvs outside then). He then insisted I use his phone to try and contact work colleagues,friends and family who might have been at risk ( thank god, they were all OK ) Despite attempting for about three hours ( all communication with London was suspended ) he calmed me down and was incredibly upset himself at the trauma of it all.

Just ran into him in the Chemist, he's not too bright but wanted me to contact you all to send all his best wishes. Told him there were many of you thinking of him and that I was collecting your messages for him.

His reply " Thank you, people !!! "

BonysLad
Old 29-05-2009, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Yeah, whatever you think of him he is basically a very decent guy. Four years ago blissfully unaware that the London bombings were unfolding Jose dragged me in off the street to see the horror unfold on the tv ( no Tvs outside then). He then insisted I use his phone to try and contact work colleagues,friends and family who might have been at risk ( thank god, they were all OK ) Despite attempting for about three hours ( all communication with London was suspended ) he calmed me down and was incredibly upset himself at the trauma of it all.

Just ran into him in the Chemist, he's not too bright but wanted me to contact you all to send all his best wishes. Told him there were many of you thinking of him and that I was collecting your messages for him.

His reply " Thank you, people !!! "

BonysLad
Good, anyway despite my rather negative last post I'll still be there for a couple of evenings at least between the 9th and 19th of June drinking my overpriced beer and loving every minute of it!
Old 29-05-2009, 18:05

I would like to add my best wishes to Jose on a speedy recovery.
We visit most days through our holidays and we enjoy his sense of humour.
He may not run the cheapest bar in town but your assured of an entertaining few hours.
Whatever people think of him or the way he runs his business PP needs characters like him.

Jose make sure your back before my August holidays.

Timberman
Old 01-06-2009, 16:11

Thank you all for your very kind wishes to Jose. As promised I am cutting them out and pasteing them in a "best wishes " card which I will take to him.

Don't think you will see Jose this season but as his beer mats state " Not forever ".

Coco, ex Miramar has now taken over running the bar along with Alex and Andrea. Think it will take the format of the " old " Bonys when they provided lunchtime sandwiches and salads , probably going to be a more staid establishment but they are all nice people so hope it goes well for them.

Will keep you posted as to Jose's wellbeing.

Thanks again

BonysLad
Old 01-06-2009, 21:00

Default Not Forgotten!!

We would just like to add our wishes hoping for a speedy recovery.

We saw him only once when we were in PP in late April, and he was obviously depressed.

We hope the "Not Forever" catchphrase is not going to be proved.

Jose has always tried hard to "please everybody all of the time" when we know this is impossible.

"Not Forgotten" should be his new catchphrase. Especially when you consider the responses on this forum.

We missed his "Don't Cry" (Which appeared in official tourist guides!!) when he stopped saying that, then "Peoples", then the ornate windbreaks instead of umbrellas on their side!! The sweet throwing - the PP pied piper!!

Then the unusual messages on the windows: "open at 11:03" instead of 11:00, "Closed Wed " "Boys Day Off" - "leg over!!?" then "The pegs"!!! Who else could use wooden pegs to such effect!!

He certainly was and is a character who's humour was often subtle and all who knew him are sadly missing.

Love and Best wishes Jose

Get well soon - will be there late August to check on you!!!

Dorothy and Gordon

My FlickR Photos
Old 02-06-2009, 08:51

We all know that the drinks in Boneys are a bit expensive, but there is nothing i liked better after a nice meal to finish off with a nightcap and a laugh with Jose. We only have one drink but with the size of the Vodka and a bottle of tonic it lasts you ages, get better soon Jose.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22

Whilst being driven into PP last saturday by Alicia from Zarza taxis and Los Zarzales she said that trade was about 20% down in the port so far this year and she thought,alas, that Bony´s was having trouble with the bank and may close for good. Can anyone confirm this gloomy news.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51
Super Moderator

Paul, if you read 3 or 4 posts above here you will see that Bony's is open again.