Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree31Likes
  • 14 Post By pollensafan
  • 1 Post By kate1
  • 4 Post By pollensafan
  • 2 Post By mike_dublin
  • 10 Post By kate1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-2015, 09:45

Default La Vall Formally La Roda

Went in here last week under the new owner. Well all I can say is that if this couple go out of business there is no justice. If anyone knows where you can get finer tapas, just let me know and I'll be there. Also has a wine list, which is one up on the previous chap.
Just a tip if you try it. They offer medium and large tapas. Don't go for the large. The medium plate at 5 euros is more than enough for 2 and unlike the previous owner, they are plates and not dishes. We had 3 medium plates and 1 pamboli. Magnificent. The meatballs were the best I've had anywhere.
pollensa, debz1, joey36 and 11 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2015, 19:56

I am so chuffed to hear that La Vall is everything you could have hoped for - La Roda was one of our absolute favourites. I've always loved the friendly family feel of this restaurant, and its corner location - it's light and bright, and over the years we've had some great meals there in its various guises. Brilliant to have another tapas choice too.
pansy potter likes this.
Old 23-02-2015, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1 View Post
I am so chuffed to hear that La Vall is everything you could have hoped for - La Roda was one of our absolute favourites. I've always loved the friendly family feel of this restaurant, and its corner location - it's light and bright, and over the years we've had some great meals there in its various guises. Brilliant to have another tapas choice too.
Kate, Might be putting my head on the block here, but I will say under the new owners, its even better than La Roda.
Lorenzo, lollipop, kate1 and 1 others like this.
Old 23-02-2015, 15:04

Default La Vall

Where is La vall is it near the local swimming pool
Old 23-02-2015, 15:25
Super Moderator

You can find directions here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html .
Old 23-02-2015, 15:57

Default Google Maps link

http://goo.gl/maps/OyBJC
(still showing 'La Roda')
sws97sdg and P&C@29 like this.
Old 23-02-2015, 16:17

Thanks Mike, just been on a virtual bar crawl in the sun!!

On island time!!
Old 26-02-2015, 14:23

Thumbs up La vall

thanks for the help on that.I have booked an apartment just up the road as the one we have used for the past few years was booked ( Es Moll), so great to know that this newly named place is so close.
Old 11-04-2015, 17:57

We had an absolutely epic lunch at La Vall today - epic both for quality and size. Fans of La Roda will indeed be pleased to know that not much has changed - for 12 Euros you get a starter, a main course, and a dessert - the price includes bread and olives, water, wine and a bottle of lemonade (v. useful for making spritzers!). Today the choices were chipirones or pimientos de padron to start, mixed paella or mixed grill, and fresh melon or almond cake. The chipirones were fantastic - I would go so far as to say the best I have ever had, and I speak as someone who has them virtually every time I eat out in Mallorca. The paella was really fresh and good - full of meat and seafood, and very generous portions. And as for the mixed grill.... I don't think I'll need to eat for a week. (If you're vegetarian, look away now.) My plate was filled with steak, pork, a chicken breast, a small lamb chop and a whole partridge (or was it a quail - anyway, a very small bird), all beautifully grilled. I was frankly struggling to take in the sight of so much food - and then the owner appeared with another plate, saying he had 'forgotten the sausage'! All of this was accompanied by chips and a green salad. It was SO good - and no, I didn't manage to eat it all - so the half-feral kitten we are feeding will get a good meal tonight, and probably tomorrow night as well. After all that I wasn't really up for almond cake, though I am told it was good - the melon was a welcome respite! Anyway, if you want a really tasty lunch at a bargain price, you won't do much better than La Vall - give it a try!
LK1960, joey36, El Gordo and 7 others like this.

Last edited by kate1; 11-04-2015 at 17:59.
Old 12-04-2015, 13:23

This sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it when we come out in June. We loved La Roda so I am sure we will enjoy La Vall.

What is it like in the evening - do they have a set menu then too? Is the food similar to La Roda?
Old 13-04-2015, 15:10

Not sure about the set menu in the evening but can confirm that the food is pretty much the same sort of thing as La Roda.
Old 13-04-2015, 15:50

RE Kates review
Well. Never thought I would have occasion to post such a comment but, " I told ya so "

PS I hope you never had far to walk after that lot

Last edited by pollensafan; 13-04-2015 at 15:54.