Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-2013, 09:55

I also would like to thank you Andrew for your interest in this recent development, I hope
it makes a difference ? I moor my boat in the Marina and have often wondered how
boats are allowed to put there own buoys out in the sea all along the coast to the Illador Hotel.
Perhaps the Authorities are missing a very lucrative area here as there are approximately
100 boats, some of which are there all the year, certainly makes me wonder if its worth paying to be in the Marina just for a day boat to use a few weeks of the year.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-06-2013, 14:57

A motion presented by opposition groups at the town hall's meeting yesterday demanded that the mayor order a report to establish the right to free use of the bay and that the environment ministry withdraws the charges. (The mayor and the PP abstained.) I have given the flotilla protest planned for Sunday and the petition re Formentor beach coverage in the Sunday edition of the Bulletin.

Oh, and I've name checked PuertoPollensa.com's forum!
Sparky, lollipop and fil6699 like this.

Last edited by andrew711; 28-06-2013 at 14:59. Reason: Additional text
Old 28-06-2013, 15:19
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update and name check Andrew, lets hope they see sense as both this and the Formentor beach issues could have a massive, negative impact on tourism in the area .
lollipop and fil6699 like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 28-06-2013 at 15:23.
Old 28-06-2013, 19:02

Thank you Andrew perhaps when the issue comes out on Sunday somebody could post a link so those who are not in PP can read it on line Spark ????????
Old 28-06-2013, 21:35

Not sure that even Sparky's powers can extend to what goes on to the Bulletin's website, Fil. I'll email them and ask if they can put the Sunday column up. If it does, not sure when it might actually go up.
fil6699 likes this.
Old 28-06-2013, 23:23
Super Moderator

Andrew is absolutely right but hopefully he will find a way to keep us updated .
Old 29-06-2013, 08:44

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew711 View Post
Not sure that even Sparky's powers can extend to what goes on to the Bulletin's website, Fil. I'll email them and ask if they can put the Sunday column up. If it does, not sure when it might actually go up.
LOL never under estimate the Powers of a Sparky
Old 29-06-2013, 09:44
Super Moderator

I read this in the UH this morning La oposición «fuerza» al alcalde de Pollença a combatir los fondeos de pago de la Punta Avançada » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca.

The opposition "force" the mayor of Pollença to combat payment moorings Punta Avançada
The Government has awarded its operation to a private company that charges 11 euros for mooring in the area

All opposition parties in the City Council of Pollença forced the Thursday night in the middle of the passage of a motion requiring the mayor of Pollença, Bartomeu Ochogavía Encrypt (PP), to commission a technical and legal in order to resort to administrative or judicial (the most appropriate) to ensure free anchorage at Punta de l'Avançada, where the Ministry of the Environment of the Government of the Balearic Islands this summer anchorages installed payment.
The mayor, who governs in minority six nine aldermen face opposition, said yesterday that reports not responsible because he is sure that they will say "that the installation of the buoys are made as required by law."
$ 11
The motion seeks to prevent boaters have to pay 11 euros per vessel to make use of the moorings that the Government operates in the area through a concessionaire. The buoys are due LifePosidonia a project begun in 2006, but this will be the first summer in which copper anchor, after the Government has tendered service operation in previous seasons (there were buoys between 2006 and 2009 and subsequently deleted) was free.
Boaters have called a crossing protest tomorrow against payment moorings in Punta Avançada to understand that "privatize" the sea.
The motion passed on the full with the abstention of the government team (PP-Lliga) urges the Department of the Environment to immediately halt the collection of the rate in the Punta Avançada moorings and to allow free anchoring. Further requests "to Medi Ambient address the problem of anchoring in a comprehensive manner considering the action to be taken across the bay, considering environmental preservation and attraction, and avoiding tax collection effort on measures to be taken."
The mayor, Bartomeu Encrypt, said yesterday that coincides with the other groups in this last point, but understand that cancel the procedure by the Government awarded the exploitation of the buoys would have a "high cost."

In 2006, first installed in Punta Avançada moorings. They were being tested and were free.
Old 29-06-2013, 17:11

I saw this stunning Yacht in Formentor yesterday - no charges for her !!

Mayan Queen Luxury Yacht

The Mayan Queen Yacht was in 2008 in Hamburg at Blohm + Voss from the stack. Immediately after the 90 meters was long and very elegant looking boat ride to their transfer overseas. For owners of the Mayan Queen Yacht scene, according to expert David Robinson of the Mexican business man Alberto Bailles one Mayan Queen Yacht.
Old 30-06-2013, 14:08
Super Moderator

I have "borrowed" these pics of the protest from the Boating in Mallorca FB page.

998501_137824176422530_1657986589_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

1011766_137824149755866_1008684898_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

1002698_137824219755859_1199892038_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

998002_137824113089203_1581703337_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

1010944_137824073089207_227689913_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr
fil6699 likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:29
Super Moderator

As reported in the UH 250 personas se echan al mar para protestar contra los fondeos de pago en Pollença » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca, translated by Google.

250 people were thrown into the sea to protest against payment moorings Pollença

Some 250 guests in something less than a hundred boats, sea burst yesterday to claim the regional Government to rectify and remove the duty to which the use of moorings in Punta Avançada, one of the few protected sites and close to Port Pollensa where until this summer could fund free.
The company that had organized the protest, the user association berths of Port de Pollença, admitted he did not expect such a high share. Employers midmorning concentrated opposite the pier, read, cheered and expressed support for the show and sailed with their boats (some of which exhibited signs contrary to the Party and the Government) to Punta Avançada. This time anchored free.
The manifesto warns that "not condone in the name of so-called protection of Posidonia or any other excuse to deprive us of our right to freely and throw us into the sea". They believe that the new rate is the result of a "record collector mood" and position "radically against" it. "It is unfair, hurts people why island that summer has always enjoyed these free sites to make a simple bath or capfico family, and is unwarranted, because in the seabed of Punta Avançada little Posidonia there. [...] But in other areas that there are grasslands important as Calo, Cap de Pinar, Cala en Gossalba and part of Cala Murta no fees or buoys. " Also, the manifesto makes clear the commitment of the sailors' with seagrass protection. "
"A reference '
José Luis Carsi, president of the association convener of the protest, was skeptical about a hypothetical rectification by the Government. However, warned yesterday that the concentration of "could be a reference for all Mallorca" and hinted that further demonstrations could be made elsewhere also have been affected by the rate.
The cost of the fee for mooring a vessel (a day or a few hours) is 13.21 euros for up to eight meters in length, of 29.04 for eight to 15 meters and 48.40 for of up to 20 meters.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37
Super Moderator

And here is the DDM report Más de 250 personas contra los fondeos ´privatizados´ - Diario de Mallorca again translated by Google .

More than 250 persons from the moorings 'privatized'

Mooring and boat owners sail to Punta Avançada to expose "collection effort" of the Government to levy charges for the use of buoys.

J. Frau Over 250 people sailed yesterday on board a hundred boats in the direction of the sea area of Punta Avançada, in Port de Pollença, for peacefully expressing their opposition to the "privatization" by the Regional Ministry of Environment of the moorings that had traditionally been free at this point of the coast 'pollencí'. The boats, carrying banners protest against the measure, gathered outside Punta Avançada and anchored for free in protest against what they consider a decision "unjustified and unfair." The demonstration was organized by the Association of Port mooring and supported by other groups such as the association of recreational boaters and many owners of small boats. Concluded at noon and did not record incidents.
The reason for the protest is the Government's decision to award the grant to a company for a year of the operation of the moorings in Punta Avançada in exchange for an annual fee of 72,600 euros. Thus, the funding stops being free in this area and is taxed at rates that reach 15 euros on vessels up to eight meters, 30 euros for the boats from eight to fifty feet and 50 euros for over fifteen meters.

Manifesto of protest
before boarding and heading to Punta Avançada, the organizers read a manifesto of protest. "This case is a clear example of a good project for nature ends in a decision that simply intolerable tax collection effort," said Marc Crespi. As explained, the Government has justified the privatization of this stretch of coastline in the preservation of the seagrass meadows, but the sailors say that this marine area is populated by algae such as "reflected in maps Life Posidonia that have been used by the Government to implement the rate ". By contrast, in other vegetation rich funds, "freely allowed anchoring". You placed 48 buoys payment, of which "21 are located on the sand", they say.
Protesters moorings indicate that small boats "do not hurt anyone" and refuse to "hold" the Government "spoil free time many families have sought no problem in this area for many years to make a 'capfico', the sea belongs to everyone. "
Some foreign sailors denounced the concentration present in the dealership forced to pay fees Credit card funding.
Old 18-07-2013, 09:31
Super Moderator

An update in today's DDM El Govern reducirá las tarifas de los fondeos en Punta Avançada y Cala Blava - Diario de Mallorca translated by Google.

Quote:
The Government will reduce the rates of the moorings in Punta Avançada and Cala Blava

The Minister Biel Company admits that the current prices of the buoys are disproportionate.
Twenty days after the massive demonstration of sailors against the privatization of maritime moorings Punta Avançada space, the Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Environment and Territory Government is now considering reducing the prices established by the concessionaire in this area anchoring area in the Bay of Pollensa, an initiative that would also benefit from Cala Blava ecological buoys in Llucmajor.
Biel Company The minister admitted a few days ago, told local television that in certain enclaves of the Mallorcan coastline, mainly Punta Avançada and Cala Blava, the government "should have finer yarn" when implementing the rates that are currently in force. The head of the Environment argued that "is not the same spend a day in Cabrera with a boat of fifteen or thirty yards to go swimming three short hours in another area" to mean that in these two cases can not be charged the same amount economical. Therefore, the Department intends to "rectify" for owners of small boats do not have to pay more than "three or four euros" to anchor in Cala Blava Punta Avançada or intended to be a short time. What is certain is that the boats must keep paying for anchoring in areas where previously was free.
Company offered few clues about how the reductions to tariffs, but announced that it is negotiating with the yacht clubs of the respective areas , who "are willing to collaborate."
Thus, Government sources reported yesterday that negotiations are three bands (Government, yacht clubs and concessionaire) and the goal is to "devise the best possible solution." The purpose is to "adjust tariffs to user habits of some fields of buoys" as in Punta Avançada or Cala Blava, "where people go to spend a few hours with a small boat and spend the night there" .
Punta For Avançada, which organized the demonstration on 30 June, the concessionaire, you must pay an annual fee of 72,600 euros, has established 15 euro rates for vessels eight meters, 30 euros for the boats from eight to fifty feet and 50 euros for over fifteen meters long, amounts are considered abusive by the associations of small boaters and boat owners.
lollipop and fil6699 like this.
Old 18-07-2013, 19:57

Thanks Sparky for the update, I will be "testing the water" in September
I hope all boating people can now have enjoyable picnics as we have in
the past. I would like to thank all that took part in the protest to this
small but very worrying change to the pleasure boaters enjoy.
fil6699 likes this.
Old 19-07-2013, 10:05
Under Moderation

Totally agree with you phil