Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Watersports & Sailing (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/watersports-sailing/)
-   -   Bad News for all "Boaters" (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/watersports-sailing/7438-bad-news-all-boaters.html)

Major Tom 26-05-2011 10:26

Bad News for all "Boaters"

Cap des Pinar (Three Bays) where there is a Military Zone,is now
no longer a good mooring place. The Military after some 20 years
have moved the buoyed off area along the coast, not to their fencing that has been recently put up now making the area a lot smaller.
I will be objecting to the Real Club Nautica, please if there are any members
reading this can they do the same the club might be able to raise our objections
with the authorities.

fil6699 26-05-2011 16:14

Will Do dont understand why they have done that

Belladonna 26-05-2011 20:59

You dont think this would have anything to do with the rumour about using the area for european military tourism do you?

andrew711 26-05-2011 21:19

Don't think this is anything to do with military tourism, Bella. May well all be a part of the stand-off with the Spanish ministry of defence in respect of access in general to Cap Pinar. If this is so, then plackeyman, don't know there's much the Real Club can do, though still worth voicing objections.

Major Tom 20-06-2013 10:08

Another money grabbing scheme from boating people - charges are being made
at the small lighthouse (Chicken Bay) for mooring. This is a very popular spot
for all, not only visitors but local people, I hope there is a local objection for
this action, Oh well I suppose this is progress for you !!!

fil6699 20-06-2013 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by plackeyman (Post 85134)
Another money grabbing scheme from boating people - charges are being made
at the small lighthouse (Chicken Bay) for mooring. This is a very popular spot
for all, not only visitors but local people, I hope there is a local objection for
this action, Oh well I suppose this is progress for you !!!

This cannot last to many locals use this bay specially at weekends. We use this bay allot great place to run out anchor up have a picnic and swim and snorkel this is total madness will be interesting to see how this develops as the season gets under way.

Ronnie 20-06-2013 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil6699 (Post 85137)
This cannot last to many locals use this bay specially at weekends. We use this bay allot great place to run out anchor up have a picnic and swim and snorkel this is total madness will be interesting to see how this develops as the season gets under way.

How much is your boat for a fortnight Phil??????????

fil6699 21-06-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie (Post 85177)
How much is your boat for a fortnight Phil??????????

don't rent it sorry Ronnie but always up for taking you out for a spin just give me a shout when your out :)

Ronnie 22-06-2013 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil6699 (Post 85201)
don't rent it sorry Ronnie but always up for taking you out for a spin just give me a shout when your out :)

Thanks Phil, I might take you up on that. :)

fil6699 22-06-2013 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie (Post 85237)
Thanks Phil, I might take you up on that. :)

any time just give me a shout

Major Tom 24-06-2013 14:04

Chicken Bay Protest

Update on mooring at the Little Light House (Chicken Bay), I have
today been informed from the office in the Marina that on Sunday 30th June
at 11.00 am there will be a flotilla to protest about only buoys to be used at
a charge starting at 13 euro going up to 26 euro next year. No anchors
to be used in this area, even in the sand, fines will be imposed for offenders ! Please pass on this information to all your boating members & friends.
Thanks,

fil6699 24-06-2013 22:32

grrrr cant make the protest have to work on the 1st so will be in London or I would have been in amongst. What they want to do is madness and worse still will force people to go round the lighthouse to the next bay or even further which is not always ideal going round the Lighthouse because of the tides and swell ( hence the name Chicken bay too chicken to go round the corner). Why do they never think things through properly I wonder if they know that for every action there is a reaction. I just hope that by making this very safe place for boaters specially novice boaters and very small craft, inaccessible because I am sure they will not have enough buoys they could make somebody make a poor decision which at sea can lead to tragedy. This is not about paying the 13 Euro its about the practicality of having enough Buoys to accommodate all the Boats specially at the weekend this is a family place for locals who tie all there fishing boats together and have picnics. I hope Andrew is reading the forum as he usually does and decides to write about this in his column :)

Major Tom 26-06-2013 19:06

Thanks,fil6699 for your comments I totally agree with your thoughts, I too hope this action gets a mention in the paper as I have been informed this action is taking place in other parts of Mallorca. I think the local people should do as much as possible to change this ridiculous action. I am not happy about these changes and will start to look for
alternative places to go boating, moving my boat to another country if necessary after 30+ years of enjoying this special place !

andrew711 26-06-2013 20:20

Good evening Fil, good evening Plackeyman, I've heard rumblings about all this from other sources. Agree with sentiments expressed here. The protest will be given mileage in the Bulletin on Sunday and will be taken on into Talk of the North.

fil6699 26-06-2013 21:02

Thank you Andrew as I mentioned its not just about complaining about paying to anchor. my biggest concern is the safety issue by forcing boaters to venture further than they would normally.
Also worth a mention if it completely alienates Boaters from PP the loss of income to the port Authorities. I for example keep my boat in the Port from May through to October at a cost of some £700 great value and I am not complaining but if I have no place to take my boat once I come out of the Port what is the point of owning one. The Boats and the Boating, fishing community are a huge part of the culture and charm of PP. I understand the rules regarding anchors on the sea bed at chicken bay and this was addressed long ago and all now anchor only in the sand. I am however at a loss to understand how dropping a load of concrete mooring blocks for financial gain can be seen as environmentally friendly. Once again thank you Andrew for taking the time to bring this up in your column and again it shows how valuable this forum is for providing the opportunity to bring attention to this and many other important issues that effect our beloved PP :)