Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2006, 03:03
Sazzle

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd give you a 'Mum and Dad' update.

Dad phoned me about an hour ago. They were dropped off at the roundabout (which is now apparently open) and managed perfectly with their cases. The staff at the Daina have been really kind to them so far and they have been given a lovely room on the third floor, at the side of the hotel. Dad said it's a fantastic room, great views - sea one side, mountains the other. The weather is superb, blue sky, hot sunshine.

It seems I worried about them for nothing. They are sitting on their balcony drinking copious amounts of wine and they are very happy - not a care in the world.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my queries. Dad said there is hardly any noise from the Formentor Road. He did say though, that there seems to be a lot of work going on by the Marina.

Only 8 more days to go and I will be out there myself. Not in their hotel though, we're staying in a villa. Can't wait whooppeeeee!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 27-03-2006, 00:14
Roy and Katie

Sazzle - glad to know that it all worked out OK in the end.

JMD40 - I beg to differ. Portland should have offered a full refund. They gave a representation of the holiday, and if it didn't mention the building work then they could be guilty of mis- representation. If they learn of it subsequently and inform the clients they ought to offer to cancel the contract they made on false information. I don't work in the travel business, but I do work in the legal profession.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:48
JMD40

Well, I will not go into details or argue with a professional otherwise we could take over pages and pages of legal talk versus common sense but is there not a legal difference between `important roadworks /laying of pipes and actual building work??? One has to remember that life has to go on in resorts as it does in England and here in PP it is supposed to be illegal to `buildŽduring May and October but there are several different understandings of the word `buildŽand this does not include internal work . . . . .
Also, suppose that Portland had cancelled and refunded their holiday and then the clients go along and see, as has happened, that everthing is ok would they then be able to sue them again for misformation - just a thought??? The company I work for did not offer refunds but did provide a free change of accommodation to anyone who felt that this work may upset their holiday - we now have to write to let everyone know that the work has finished to avoid them worrying unnessarily about it !!
Anyhow, great news that the Formentor Road is now clean and tarmaced and so everyone has sighed with relief and just hope that the work along by the Marina finishes quickly also. Sazzle - so glad that your parents were fine and enjoyed their holiday.
Old 13-04-2006, 19:15
Roy and Katie

Once they have paid a deposit on the information given, a contract is established. If there is a "material change" to the information, then the basis on which the original contract has been made has been changed and therefore the contract could be considered broken. If the change is material then it should be brought to the customer's attention and an option given to either continue the contract on the basis of amended information or a cancellation and refund offered. They should have not cancelled it either without the customer's consent, which covers your second point. It's all to do with Contract Law. But I agree this is not the place go into that. Lets leave it there.
Old 16-04-2006, 01:07
JMD40

I agree - lets chill out and enjoy the other topics!:hat
Old 18-04-2006, 01:19
ella

Default Hotel Daina

Can any one give us a update for the road works we go to the Daina on the 29April . We have got a side room.
Thank you Cheers
Old 18-04-2006, 02:32

Default Re: Hotel Daina

Hi Ella and welcome to the forum,

The road works are now finished in the formentor road, all re-surfaced and back to normal,

Have a good holiday PM.
Old 18-04-2006, 03:22
ella

Thank you for your reply good that the road works have finished.We go in 12 days looking forward to going back Majorca not been since October. Once again thank you.
Cheers
Old 18-04-2006, 03:29
Sazzle

Hello Ella

My parents have just had a lovely fortnight at the Daina. They too had a side room and it was a bit noisy from the roadworks at first. However, everything is now finished and back to normal so you'll be fine.

I hope you have a lovely time. I just got back on Saturday. The weather was superb.