Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

Like Tree291Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2016, 08:46

Puerto Pollensa ice-cream kiosk eviction to go ahead » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
The full council meeting in Pollensa will tomorrow consider a mayoral decree ordering the eviction of the Gelats Valls ice-cream kiosk in Puerto Pollensa. Mayor Miquel Angel March finally signed the order last Friday, it having taken some six months for the order to be made

In all likelihood, Gelats Valls will continue to operate the kiosk until the end of the season, i.e. the end of October.

see full article on the MDB website
Sponsored Links
Old 29-09-2016, 16:38

Typical of council.not surprising is it? going for the money rather than considering visitors/residents petition which resulted in thousands of signatures. But probably Cafe 19 would pay more in terrace rent than Vals were paying!
However,the pleasure in buying an ice cream from a kiosk that we have all known for many years and has a pleasant and nostalgic place in our hearts, and our kids,will soon be gone.
It has been little things like this thats kept PP the place it is and we all love!
I wonder sometimes,do local politicans love their town as much as serial visitors/residents and holiday home owners,like ourselves?
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 29-09-2016, 16:54
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquet View Post
Typical of council.not surprising is it? going for the money rather than considering visitors/residents petition which resulted in thousands of signatures. But probably Cafe 19 would pay more in terrace rent than Vals were paying!
However,the pleasure in buying an ice cream from a kiosk that we have all known for many years and has a pleasant and nostalgic place in our hearts, and our kids,will soon be gone.
It has been little things like this thats kept PP the place it is and we all love!
I wonder sometimes,do local politicans love their town as much as serial visitors/residents and holiday home owners,like ourselves?
This is not the fault of the council, it is because of a legal challenge by the Cafe 1919 group, please see post #90 above.
lollipop and Enjay like this.
Old 29-09-2016, 17:09
Banned

If the bus station does eventually move from its original spot on the front near the information office then that would be an ideal relocation place for the kiosk subject, obviously, to the necessary permissions, ownership etc?
Joanne and Enjay like this.
Old 29-09-2016, 19:43

Sorry Mrs S I should have read the note, I jumped in a little! However,I suppose my point really is thats is the nice,stylish,quirky,laid-back,traditional,old fashioned call it what you will features of PP that make it stand from many other seaside resorts. We dont want to loose that do we?
debz1, Sparky, Joanne and 3 others like this.
Old 30-09-2016, 12:37
Super Moderator

The mayor has today signed the eviction order so the license will now go out to public tender.
lollipop likes this.
Old 30-09-2016, 14:51

But not in the same spot ?
Old 30-09-2016, 16:36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
But not in the same spot ?
Exactly. My thoughts.
Old 29-10-2016, 10:07
Super Moderator

This has been posted by Valls on their FB page :-

Quote:
Such a day like today
We express ourselves as well as we are, with sincere words from ice cream kiosk valleys of port de pollença, we don't want to say goodbye, we don't want sadness.
Such a day like today
Want to say, until another one!
With Joy, gratitude and pride.
Up Another! Because it's 50 years that our kiosk is part of the pier, and so many of you, residents and visitors. On this day, I still don't know for sure, if we can get back to open, like every year, the upcoming palm Sunday. For this reason, we don't want to let this opportunity, thank you for the support that you given us, with the over 5.000 Signatures collected, to keep "the pier" xiringuito open. Maybe, with this support, even if it will be possible, now depends on us.
With Joy of all generations that we've visited, without missing a single summer, and that will be forever, in our memory.
With gratitude, for having the honour of've, have done, what we apassiona, ice cream!!!!
With Pride, because we always cream valls xiringuito "ice cream" and the pier. Our Kiosk, you've made the meeting point of pollencins summers full of illusion, fun, and become a benchmark for many Visitors of our traditions and our people.
It was a pride!!!!
That's why we want to share with you all, what we do best; ice cream!
This Sunday, 30th October 2016
Estau all guests at the last ice cream of the season at
"xiringuito pier". from 16.00 pm. Wait to you all!!!!!
Be part of the history of pollença, from your childhood and your memories, it is an honor. They took our podrán xiringuito, but the footprint that you left us, all of you, nobody can take it, never.
Thank you with all my heart, family valls-Martorell.
·
Old 29-10-2016, 10:31

A slightly less clunky translation below;

FAREWELL!

For over 50 years our kiosk is part of the port, and many of you, residents and visitors.

Today, we do not know for sure if we shall reopen next Palm Sunday, as we do every year. Therefore, we do not want to miss this opportunity to thank you for the support you gave us, with more than 5,000 signatures collected to keep the "Port Kiosk" open.

Maybe, with your support, it will still be possible. Now it depends on us.

All generations have visited us, without missing a single summer, and that will remain forever in our memory.

Gratitude for what you have done and honoured to do what we love so much- Ice cream !!!!

Proud because Gelats Valls will always be the "Ice cream Kiosk" and because of our kiosk, you have made summers in Pollensa full of excitement and fun, with the kiosk becoming a tradition and icon for many visitors and local people.

It has been an honour !!!!

So we want to share with you, what we do best; Ice Cream!

Sunday, October 30 2016 - You are all you're all invited to end the season at the "Port Kiosk" From 16.00. Hope to see you all !!!!!

Being part of the history of Pollensa - Your childhood and your memories, is an honour.

They may be able to take our Kiosk, but we have left an imprint on all of you, that nobody can take away - Ever.

Thank you heartily, Family-Valls Martorell.

Just so sad. So many happy memories.

Perhaps the end of an era.
debz1, Sparky, Tommo and 1 others like this.

Last edited by lovemallorca; 29-10-2016 at 11:03.
Old 29-10-2016, 10:57

Yes - really sad to see it go - it was a PP landmark for so many years - and delicious ice creams. The end of an era
Sparky and Tommo like this.
Old 29-10-2016, 12:00

Heartfelt. Very sad.
Old 29-10-2016, 14:05

If there is any justice, they will win the tender process and be back where they belong at the start of next season.
whaleywanderer, Sparky and Rosie34 like this.
Old 29-10-2016, 14:27

I can appreciate there has to be impartial treatment for commercial enterprises but I hope that The Kiosk will still secure a renewal on site or failing that be able to re-open close by as Nick has suggested.
Old 29-10-2016, 15:56

They´ve got an ice-cream parlour close by.
Closed Thread