Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

Like Tree291Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2016, 14:58
Banned

Why not?
It would be much bigger than a "99"!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2016, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
If I am correct, the party in power in the town hall is not the same one that extended the lease or agreed to hold a new allocation of the site, so blaming one or the other would be out of order.

Quite frankly, if I had been Valls I wouldn't have waited this length of time to mention the 99 year lease. Why didn't they when they signed the last 20 year contract, 20 years ago.

They have obviously supposed or taken for granted that it was always their for the taking, maybe with the help of a few friends in high places, and got a shock when these friends are no longer where they used to be.

As much as I like their ice cream, they are in business and on today's world this is one of the risks they have had to take.
May well be 20 years too late to bring this up. I have seen something similar ( in Scotland) where a new agreement was signed thus superseding the original lease. One party thought (or claimed they thought) it was some form of sub-lease / agreement, but it turned out go have totally replaced the original. And on worse terms!

Long way to go on this yet, I think.
Molt de Renou likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 07:52

Interesting article by Andrew Ede

alcudiapollensa: In A Public Way
El Gordo likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 09:29
Super Moderator

Here is a translation from the UH, the original can be seen here :- El Café Capuccino 1919 tendrá que reducir su terraza del Port de Pollença » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca.

Quote:
Cappuccino Cafe 1919 will have to reduce its terrace Port de Pollença.

The Capuccino coffee 1919 , protagonist these days for having denounced the holding without authorization certificate kiosk Gelats Valls , will have to reduce its terrace .

This is one of the companies which, according denounced the government team (Junts Avançam-UMP) won occupations above ordinance allowing the city during the last legislature.

In the 2015 season the local had granted authorization for 58 seats and 20 more this season requested arguing that they have another place right next door. The City Council of Pollença has already informed them that one may obtain authorization for 42 seats .
Old 23-04-2016, 07:34

Another article from Andrew Ede

alcudiapollensa: Getting Angry In Puerto Pollensa
Old 23-04-2016, 21:11
Super Moderator

It has been reported on FB that Valls have collected over 5000 online signatures and 3000 on paper in the Port and the Town .
debz1 likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 23-04-2016 at 21:15.
Old 24-04-2016, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
It has been reported on FB that Valls have collected over 5000 online signatures and 3000 on paper in the Port and the Town .
Even if they get 80.000, it won't sway the town halls and Costas opinion or will it change the legality of the case in question.

They are not doing themselves any favours by continuing to open, when, strictly speaking, they haven't got permission to do so, especially when they have a shop so close by.

Maybe this could be an answer to their problem, by Andrew Ede.

alcudiapollensa: Meals On Wheels: Food trucks
Shaun&Caro likes this.
Old 24-04-2016, 09:21

For many years they did supply "ice cream on wheels" all along the beach, I can totally understand the legal point of view and if the site was privately owned it would simply be the case they would have to move, however if it is council owned they do have to look at the wider issue. If the hut was to close and everyone started to use the shop the crowd will stretch along the front of the other businesses and cause even more problems.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 24-04-2016, 09:23

Quote:
Even if they get 80.000, it won't sway the town halls and Costas opinion or will it change the legality of the case in question.

They are not doing themselves any favours by continuing to open, when, strictly speaking, they haven't got permission to do so, especially when they have a shop so close by.

In your opinion
Golfaholics likes this.
Old 24-04-2016, 10:04
Super Moderator

Quote:

MDR we are all aware of the legality and i think you have made your point now (many times).
My post was merely to inform members as to how the Valls petition was going.
Old 24-04-2016, 11:22

I agree Sparky and nearly as many times as you have published the poll results, which, as everyone knows, my opinion is that they will be less than useless and also counter productive as far they are concerned.

Basically goes to prove that people will sign anything with little knowledge of what or why they are signing ( myself included ).

Molt
Old 24-04-2016, 11:40
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree Sparky and nearly as many times as you have published the poll results, which, as everyone knows, my opinion is that they will be less than useless and also counter productive as far they are concerned.

Basically goes to prove that people will sign anything with little knowledge of what or why they are signing ( myself included ).

Molt
I guess the difference is that i am posting up to date info and not my opinion. I will just leave it at that.
debz1, tangofan, clinkham and 1 others like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 12:57

Quote:

Molt

What a bizarre admission to make that you sign something with little knowledge of what you are signing !! Most people sign something because they care about the topic in question !! In my opinion Politics in democracies, both national and local, revolve around any form of instrument that enables people to make their point. In this case people are signing the petition because they care and are emotionally attached to the decision that must be made. This will definitely not be a purely legal decision, politics will inevitably come into play. The petition therefore makes very good sense, and as a supporter, I wish the Valls good luck and hope 80000 signatures are obtained which the Council would be negligent and mad to ignore !!
PP76, debz1, Rosie34 and 2 others like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 14:05

Now I like Sparky and I like MDR, But who is best? There's only one way to find out............FIGHT !!!
scouse mark likes this.
Old 24-04-2016, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve&marilyn View Post
Now I like Sparky and I like MDR, But who is best? There's only one way to find out............FIGHT !!!
mwc can hold their coats and referee whilst he is waiting for the 5 best restaurant votes to start coming in - or - and this is my preference if it's thought necessary, we start a petition urging forum members not to fall out with each other.
lollipop likes this.
Closed Thread