Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-02-2010, 10:47

Just shows the memory is still good Pescador! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I also remember the smell of the airport being totally the start of the holiday too. But that's not PP, and as you say, even though we rant and rave about various changes (oh that flipping by pass!), most of us still return as its not just PP but so much of the island that still lures us back. I think we could do with those who are good photographers or contributors to get a book together with various "then and now" photos. I'd buy it!
Old 24-02-2010, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Just shows the memory is still good Pescador! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I also remember the smell of the airport being totally the start of the holiday too. But that's not PP, and as you say, even though we rant and rave about various changes (oh that flipping by pass!), most of us still return as its not just PP but so much of the island that still lures us back. I think we could do with those who are good photographers or contributors to get a book together with various "then and now" photos. I'd buy it!
What a fantastic post Pescador and what a fantastic idea Bella.

WTR to the ever-changing PP and its charm I suppose that everyone will have a different opinion. I love it although I could never live there on a full-time basis. Im not so sure if we would have visited PP years ago when the motorway wasnt open and it took x hours to get there by car, we would have probably chosen other resorts closer to the airport. You cant stop progress and Im not so sure that the progress hasnt been good in general.
Old 24-02-2010, 16:31

Oh Pescador! How lucky you are to have experienced PP in those quieter times! I guess having only visited for 14 years makes us fairly new! My O.H and I have discussed our dream of relocating to PP on a probably, more than weekly basis in that time! Our now 15 year old daughter was 6 months old when we first visited, and I have to say, even though it has changed, and some things not for the better, we still stand with tears in our eyes at our first sight of the bay each time we return. We saunter around the streets, recalling our fondest memories to our daughter and 9 year old son, much to their annoyance, because they've heard it all so many times!

I think it was the elderly parents that stopped us many times from moving to PP. Now, as well as them, we have the dreaded GCSE's! So again, not a good time. I admire anyone who just takes the bull by the horns and goes for it! My hubby often says to me 'Why aren't you rich'?! That way we could keep our home in the UK AND have a pad in PP! Is there ever a good time? I suppose if you think the time is right then it is!
Old 24-02-2010, 20:10

pescador .................... great post but what you doing in my spot on the Illa Dor terrace ....... he he I guess thats yours mine and many other peoples paradise ........ cant wait to get there at easter and be sate just where you were sat and thinking "paradise"

Like you I frequent the places I love and ignore the ones I don;t

Like others I love to go in May / June but am also suffering the dreaded GCSE's and it gets worse because there's no let us its AS next year and A2 the year after ..... so no late May early June fo rus for a few years
Old 24-02-2010, 22:56

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
We hear about everybody wanting to be over in PP, but if you are honest and you could afford it, would you move there. Remember there is a winter, rain and everything is quiet, it aint all sunshine. Would you miss the kids, grandkids and my big problem my dogs, who are too old to re-locate. So my question is if you could, would you? I honestly dont know!! Gpm
New to the forum - but to answer I would move tomorrow. Never been in winter but I imagine the place is still outstanding. Got six numbers riding on it tonight (fingers crossed).
Old 24-02-2010, 23:08

Welcome wibsey, you and me both, good luck

On island time!!
Old 25-02-2010, 09:10

WELL! - have you booked your flights??

Are the drinks on you?
Old 25-02-2010, 09:13

No, sorry Eleanor, plans on hold for another week, the drinks will have to wait

On island time!!
Old 25-02-2010, 09:21

Ahh - never mind better luck next time! Lovely to dream though isn't it? lol
Old 25-02-2010, 09:40

Ah, but it was wisbey (welcome!) who had the six numbers and now suspiciously quiet - have you bought your villa!!??
Old 01-08-2010, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibsey View Post
New to the forum - but to answer I would move tomorrow. Never been in winter but I imagine the place is still outstanding. Got six numbers riding on it tonight (fingers crossed).
Hello to all board members.
Just going through the process of acquiring a property in Puerto Pollensa with the aim of living there from time to time throughout the year and maybe longer as the years go by.
I have been in Puerto Pollensa in the winter and yes it rains and its cold and they have storms. Come and live on the east coast of Norfolk, then you will know what a long cold winter is . Pollensa is a dream by comparison.
I can understand having and keeping a base in the UK or whereever home is but that comes down to how deep ones pockets are. likewise elderly parents, children's education or other responsibilities one might have put a different complexion on being able to take the plunge and therefore holidays are the answer.
No matter what the situation is you can never tick all the boxes on your wish list but Pollensa hits most of the boxes on mine.
My main concern is aquiring the NIE number, any comments or hints on this, or of useing an agency to help in aquiring it?
RN
Old 01-08-2010, 17:37

Default NIE Number

My NIE number was obtained for me by my lawyer (Oscar Coll of De La Cruz Coll Abogados) during the purchase process for my apartment. You need an NIE number to complete the purchase so, if I were you, I would speak to the lawyers handling your property purchase to deal with it as part of the entire transaction.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:40

Pescador - I am suprised that you have lumped Can Ferrar in with the newish places (if that is what C** F****r is meant to be) because they have been in the same location since the 60's if not the 50's!
Old 02-08-2010, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
My NIE number was obtained for me by my lawyer (Oscar Coll of De La Cruz Coll Abogados) during the purchase process for my apartment. You need an NIE number to complete the purchase so, if I were you, I would speak to the lawyers handling your property purchase to deal with it as part of the entire transaction.
Thanks James,
I am useing the same man, he sounds a real nice guy to deal with from talking to him on the phone, apparently he has done six transactions in the same area.
I was just wondering if anyone had done it themselves or if I could do the NIE number myself as well as with the help of an out side agency and get it quicker. I guess It just means another visit, that would be no hardship :-)) !
Cheers
Rod.
Old 02-08-2010, 14:03

Hi Rod and congratulations on your purchase. If I can give you just one little piece of advice it would be to let your solicitor get on and deal with everything. They know the procedure and it would be much 'safer' to allow them to deal with everything to do with your purchase. You are paying for their service and they will make sure everything is completed properly. You probably can organise your NIE number yourself but why risk the headache.
Good luck anyway.