Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   new pedestrian walkway between PP and Pollenca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4426-new-pedestrian-walkway-between-pp-pollenca.html)

Belladonna 03-05-2010 14:56

Well found PP! Good chance to brush up on my Mallorcan/Spanish! But got the drift. Good eyesight cd - and even better memory!;)

danm 03-05-2010 15:15

how far is it from the Eroski to the old town?

snowy2007 03-05-2010 15:30

15 - 20 minutes walk 5 by car

danm 03-05-2010 15:40

just google earth'd it.

Thats some agressive walking Snowy. Looks to be a good 2 miles. :)

its cd 03-05-2010 16:56

There are 2 eroskis 1 is about 20 min walk and the other is abput 40 mins walk i imagine you are refering to the .esoski in pp and snowy is talking about the eroski half way to pollensa
Thats because most people still call the pp erosi caprabo and immediately think of the other one when eroski is referred to

I promise you not even snowy could walk from pp to pollensa in 15mins ........

danm 03-05-2010 17:19

Ok, so now I'm even more confused.

There is the small eroski, down the marina end of joan ave, then there is the one at the top on on the roundabout. I was referring to the one on the roundabout. Is there another one?

We are staying in llenaire, and did the walk to the marina then up to the eroski on the roundabout a couple of times. Nor sure if I want to then attempt the onwarslds journey.

(since realised that you can go up by the pollentia park and get to the roundabout that way. :) )

its cd 03-05-2010 18:01

ooops yes you are right to be confused

there are actually 3 eroskis

The small one by the marina ( that was the one I forgot ) and then the one near the roundabout ( many people still refer to this one as Caprabo - previous owners ) and there is yet another Eroski which is half way between PP and Pollensa on the pollensa Road just beyond the Cale San Vincent turn off and I suspect it is this one that Snowy was thinking about when he said it was a 15 to 20 min walk.

When I said the PP one was a 40min walk I was referring to the one at the roundabout ( of course you could walk it faster but in the heat I would say 40 mins to have a plesent stroll rather than a route march )

If you want a timing from the one near the marina I would add on another 10mins

PS: Just before you get to the nearest Eroski to Pollensa there is a little Bar on your left ....... very much a locals bar but I stopped there earlier this year and had a coffee and sandwich for a ridiculously cheap price and they were so welcoming .... I don't think they see many tourists ......... if I ever get round to doing the PP to Pollensa walk I will certainly stop off in this little place again

snowy2007 03-05-2010 20:03

The one I am Talking about is where Balaxia Restaurant used to be. coming from old town just before CSV turn.Just google earthed it and its 1.66 KM from Square in old town. Happy shopping