Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   new pedestrian walkway between PP and Pollenca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/4426-new-pedestrian-walkway-between-pp-pollenca.html)

ray 27-03-2009 21:05

new pedestrian walkway between PP and Pollenca

The local council laid the first stone yesterday on the long awaited pedestrian link between the port and the old town .Supposed to have lots of trees planted and public benches en route. Work has started and is scheduled to last for the next ten weeks(right through Easter!)

El Gordo 28-03-2009 08:27

In my opinion, they could spend their money on a better project!! The best walking route is via the back roads. You can take the second left after Gotmar, its very pleasant.

In fact you used to be able to walk through Gotmar, skirting the Puig de Gotmar (or whatever its called) and the join the same road a few years ago but I think a new house blocked off the route. Is there any access to this puig above Gotmar, I would imagine the views would be terrific.

El Gordo 28-03-2009 08:30

Having said that I suppose that safety for pedestrians is important and also for people who have or rent the villas between PP and P, it would provide a pleasant facility.

Mark1875 28-03-2009 08:33

I always felt that as the father of two primary school age boys, the walk from the Rosa Blanca/ White Rose Pub roundabout to the Eroski roundabout was downright dangerous. It was part of the reason we never chose to stay in that area this year. I am pleased they are doing something about it.

El Gordo 28-03-2009 08:42

I stand corrected and totally agree, I was thinking of from the Habitat roundabout to Pollensa, forgetting about the small length of road between the plane roundabout and Habitat.

Mark1875 28-03-2009 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hola its GL (Post 28790)
I stand corrected and totally agree, I was thinking of from the Habitat roundabout to Pollensa, forgetting about the small length of road between the plane roundabout and Habitat.

I think that will make a huge difference to people staying in that part of town. We stayed in Bellauba last year as we took the long route along the new bypass into town when we walked, although that could do with improved lighting for pedestrians too.

Angie 28-03-2009 09:48

This sounds like great news, we are staying on the old town in June and would love to be able to walk to the port :)

Gommar Goffer 28-03-2009 10:48

It is great news. This should have been done years ago when Gommar was developed and the stretch along the main road to the old town will be great for pedestrians and cyclists alike - much safer. There have been numerous people killed and injured along both stretches of road.

GG

Labore 28-03-2009 21:09

Is this the pathway that they started a while ago which runs alongside the river/wetlands at the side of Tolos ? If not when does this open and where does it lead to ?

ryansclan 28-03-2009 21:17

Pathway near Tolo's restaurant

Hi Labore. I think they are talking about a different place altogether. Themain road out of the Port in the direction of Old Town Pollensa. Who knows when they are ever going to open the pathway you are talking about, it looked almost finished when we were there last June. Doe anyone know what the problem is with this area around from Tolos?

Barwin 28-03-2009 23:05

We have stayed in Gommar for 4 years now and tend to cross over the habitat roundabout and walk through Siller into the market area of town. It is not the best lit for walking back but the kids love the noise of the crickets after dark. Cannot wait until the Easter hols when we will be over for 10 days.

binny 29-03-2009 13:14

New Pathway?

Does anyone know what kind of distance it would be and how long would it

would take to walk approx?

pollensa 29-03-2009 16:15

We had a drive out today & tried to see where this had started. Was the first stone at the Pollensa Town end or the Port? Will it it be on both or one side of the road & will it be in addition to or part of the current cycle path? Also is the Pollensa end the Roman Bridge end (near Cellar es Moli) or furthr along?

We couldn't see any sign of it today but hopefully there'll be more when we come back at the end of April.

ryansclan 29-03-2009 17:04

We're going out on Thursday and using only bikes so if we see any signs of work (sometimes easier on a bike) I'll post on the progress. Also on the area around the Tolo's water area.

debz1 29-03-2009 18:34

The īnature trailīnear Tolos is still not open! We went and looked this afternoon after it had stopped raining :rolleyes: and couldnīt see why as all the paths and seating areas appear to be finished.