Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   prices and weather ??? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/3304-prices-weather.html)

Joanne 23-06-2008 21:11

Sparky what bar were you getting 2 glasses of wine for 4 euro at, must give that one a visit>

Thanks

Sparky 23-06-2008 21:16

All of our usual haunts. Joanne, but maybe we get special rates.

Timberman 23-06-2008 21:44

Wow, some of these prices sound quite expensive, 18 euros for 3 drinks, thats a lot more than back here for doubles. I know their measures a fairly large, sometimes too large for my wife:rolleyes: but it seems over the top.
Especially as I have 4 adults to feed and water.

I noticed last year prices seemed to more expensive than the previous year.

I think I'll have to cut back on my visits to Bony's. Even though we enjoy it so much there.

One of the cheaper places I think to have a drink in nice surroundings was the Daina Hotel. Any other suggestions

Timberman

Sparky 23-06-2008 21:56

El Ancla, on the front next to Hotel Romantic is very reasonable with lovely views of the bay. Also Neptuno, Trotters, Tollos, JKs, Golden Lion, Club Cultural and Ikebana.:D

Timberman 23-06-2008 22:05

I've walked past El Ancla on many occasions and have never ventured in. This is only about 5 mins from where we stay and Ikebana the same. This may sound stupid and it probably is, but do they just cater for people who want just a drink or are they only restaurants, bearing in mind we always visit in August when most places are very busy.

Timberman

Sparky 24-06-2008 05:01

You can just have drinks if you want, but the food is very good.

Portofan 24-06-2008 08:38

Agree with Sparky's last comments.

Our first night this year , we'd just arrived, was in IRU.

Two G and T's, not all that large, with the vat added on was 13 euros.
at 80p a Euro that's £10.40.

Didn't have a drink there again!:eek:

ianb 24-06-2008 17:05

PP is a beautiful place but definately the most expensive spanish resort I have visited and ive visited a lot. Sadly I will think twice before returning particularly whilst the euro is so weak (will it ever recover)
£2.80p a pint of lager is the same as back home. I can recall when it was at least half the price of england in spanish resorts and prices have shot up here in the UK so its doing well to keep up, should pass uk prices soon.

sws97sdg 24-06-2008 17:26

Hi ianb
Actually I pay £3.25 here in the south for a pint of Sam Miguel so not quite the same for me, can we get to the bottom of this, has the euro price gone up, last year I think we paid 3.50 euros for a pint, what is the price now, I've heard its still that, can some one confirm price, if it is the same then its down to the drop in the euro so prices anywhere on the Med will have gone up the same.

Sparky 24-06-2008 19:04

Hi SWS, when i was there in May ,on average i would say my usual haunts prices have only gone up by a few cents, if at all. The exchange rate is really to blame. We can't expect prices to stay the same forever abroad, rises are much steeper in the UK.:eek:

Rangers1 24-06-2008 19:56

The problem is we all compare prices to ones at home and we should'nt its what you pay in PP end of story either pay it or dont go there simple stop moaning sooner be there than stay in england

JH02JLH 24-06-2008 20:19

I don't think we're moaning - I think we're all just a bit shocked at the rise in prices this year. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, after all. This is a discussion forum and I appreciate people taking the time to post prices of drinks and meals. It makes it a lot easier to budget.

I've always thought that going abroad on holiday is cheaper than staying at home, but like cheap flights, those days seem to be over...:rolleyes:

sws97sdg 24-06-2008 20:26

That’s the thing though Jane, prices haven’t gone up, the euro has gone down, hopefully when the euro goes back up again we will get more for our money again :)

JH02JLH 24-06-2008 20:57

I looked back at the post below from last year (see link) and a spirit/mixer was working out at just under 5 euros - Portofan says he was charged 13 euros for two drinks...

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...read.php?t=670

But beer prices look like they may have stayed the same?

snowy2007 24-06-2008 21:07

Thats why if you go All Inclusive it works out about the same or fraction cheaper and you dont have to keep putting your hand in your pocket.
Mind you would not do AI in Europe.