Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   prices and weather ??? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/3304-prices-weather.html)

millymol 14-06-2008 18:49

prices and weather ???

Hello all members
Hope i am putting this question in the right section
Giong to pp for the first time in a few weeks someone i know has not long come back from magaluf i know its not right next door to pp but they said they had bad weather rained alot and the prices are terrible
Anyone know if the weather is picking up
Going mad about what to pack also on average about how much spending money to take going for two weeks self catering family of four on some reviews of the apartments i am staying in they said a kitkat is 1 euro i think does that work out about 75-80p
Can any members who have been already advise me on prices
bread,milk,two course meal,pop,ice creams,beer,fags etc
Many thanks for any help please

ianb 14-06-2008 23:05

Ive recently returnmed from a holiday in PP it is expensive compared to some other resorts. A pint of lager is generally 3 1/2 euros but can be a bit more or a bit less. In the supemarket depending which one a small can of san miguel is between 65 and 85 cents.

A t-bone or fillet steak main course was between 18 and 22 euros. A pizza for one about 8 or 9 euros.

Hope that helps, we spend about £1200 on food and drink in 11 nights (2 adults and 3 kids) But ate out every night sometimes at the expensive eateries on pine walk and the square.

millymol 15-06-2008 20:51

Many thanks ianb for your reply it has helped
Thank you

Yveee:) 16-06-2008 16:19

Hi Millymol .
The weather is suppost to be good from now on in PP
Its the start of summer over there now apparently , and i just looked at the webcam and men without tops on there :)
Prices are still more expensive than other places in Spain but PP doesnt really compare with Magaluf . I think it is quite worth it in PP :) Hope this helps

millymol 16-06-2008 18:30

Manys thanks for all your replys so glad the weather has picked up yes you dont mind paying a bit more if its nice yes been to magaluf and we hated it could not wait to return home ( sorry everyone who loves magaluf )
just wanted to know the average prices out there
once again thank you

snowy2007 16-06-2008 22:38

You could look at Eating Out guide lots of menus there with prices that will give you a very good idea:cool:

spudbag 23-06-2008 08:51

Just back from this year's first foray - and the prices are definitely up this year. The rise in fuel prices seems to be even more dramatic than here - they're catching us up to be honest.

The days of leaving the supermarket wonbdering how you'd got a week's food and drink for 40 euros is over - and its not just because Eroski are hell-bent on world domination.

And some restaurants have upped the ante too - and many report a serious drop in foot-fall this year. Free drinks not so easy to come by this year.

But the Pine Walk views are still beautiful and still free - not a lot the credit crunch can do to change that!

purpleboots 23-06-2008 16:10

Prices

We have just come home from PP on Sat fantastic time as usual. The prices on everything have gone up, first of all the car Car Jet £109.00 for a week but they charge you for a full tank of fuel on top we took ours back and it had half a tank in it. the price of food and drinks have also gone up a vodka and tonic and a pint at Boney's 10 euros, a nice meal at Los Zarzales 93 euros for two.
What we did was skip on the starters especially if you are there for two weeks it can work out very expensive. El posito was quite reasonable 80 euros for a three course .
I will write more in the eating out section but i am going in to Hospital tomorrow for my knee replacement, will be in touch when i am home and feeling better x ps The weather was great very hot except for last Tuesday

favie 23-06-2008 16:26

Hi Purpleboots.

Glad you had a great time and the weather improved for you. I did notice a little increase in things too this year....but still reasonable places to be had.
Hope op goes well. :) Read your reviews soon I hope :)

LK1960 23-06-2008 16:32

Prices

Spudbag and Purpleboots

Thanks for the information on prices and weather. At least those of us who are heading out soon will have a good idea of what to expect and I know I'm already thinking of ways we can cut back this year without feeling deprived. Skipping starters seems like a good idea.

Glad the weather has picked up too. Good luck with your operation Purpleboots. Look forward to reading your reviews when you're home and on the mend.

Linda

JH02JLH 23-06-2008 16:38

Yes...thanks very much for the information - extremely helpful!

My husband paled visibly when I told him about the prices in Bony's! That is more than we would pay in our local! But I suppose the measures are large?

:eek:

star81 23-06-2008 18:46

Prices at Bony's

Have to say Jane we were pretty surprised at the prices ar Bony's when we went last week.

It was the first time we had been there (and probably the last) and ordered 2 g&t's and one vodka, soda and lime and were charged 18 euros and to be honest the measures were not as large as we would normally get! Think it was the most expensive round of drinks we had all holiday !! Yes prices in general have gone up but think this was excessive.

Will put up restaurant reviews later on in the week.

Sparky 23-06-2008 19:05

Have to agree Bonys prices are very high, the most we paid anywhere else for 2 large white wines was 4euros, nearly fainted to be charged 8 euros for the same round in Bonys.:eek::eek:

JH02JLH 23-06-2008 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by star81 (Post 21636)
Have to say Jane we were pretty surprised at the prices ar Bony's when we went last week.

It was the first time we had been there (and probably the last) and ordered 2 g&t's and one vodka, soda and lime and were charged 18 euros and to be honest the measures were not as large as we would normally get! Think it was the most expensive round of drinks we had all holiday !! Yes prices in general have gone up but think this was excessive.

Will put up restaurant reviews later on in the week.

My mouth is hanging open in shock!

Looking forward to your restaurant reviews, Star!

gers1873 23-06-2008 20:40

quite concerned to read of high prices around this year, call me a canny scot if you wish but i hate being overcharged for spirits in bars as they are much cheaper in spain, although has to be said the measure is larger

i have noticed in the past 2 years eating out in pp has shot up in price a lot more than at home, last year we were paying on average 150 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids to eat out in the evenings