Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 23:48
Rosie10

Default New road from Inca to PP

Hi
Has anyone else been a bit shocked at the huge gash being cut through the island for this road (superhighway)?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2005, 00:24

Yes Rosie, apparently it's called progress!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 00:59
PennyWhite

More of a hold up than progress when we were there....
Old 07-09-2005, 00:59
robjay

It's like grafitti on a Monet, all to shave a few minutes off what I see as a beautiful drive. I see it as my chance to to lust after my Mallorcan mistress, as I admire her curves she teases my with places I have yet to explore.
Your mistress may call herself Puerto pollensa mine goes by the name Serra deTramuntana.
The person who's twisted mind thought of this blott on the landscape needs to be made to climb onto any of those mountains at then tell us he/ she Is still proud of this the newest scare on a beautiful island.

Rob
Old 07-09-2005, 01:26

I was shocked to see so many roadworks being carried out on the island, especially the road from Manacor to Palma which is one long stretch of digging, lorries and mess.

But having said that, we travelled the length of the east coast down to Santanyi on our last day and that seemed to have escaped any roadworks or "progress".

Not sure how long it will last though :\ .

Jane
Old 07-09-2005, 04:28
smiddy

Default Inca Road

Posted on this very subject when we were over at Easter, suprised it took so long for the subject to be raised. During the summer i usualy like to go south a bit to the Aqua Parks/Palma Etc, after 1 trip i just couln't be bothered having to snake thru a building sight for 20 mins. As Rob says, a drive i used to love.
Old 07-09-2005, 17:51
Rosie10

Hello again
I miss the ostrich farms that were just near the 'Vidreria' fort-type building. I remember the first time i saw them & thought it was a cava-hallucination, a few days later another member of the party commented on them, I was quite relieved.
Never felt the urge to eat them though.
There were so many landmarks on that drive we'll miss, there used to be ladies selling oranges at roadside stalls-I think near the Muro turning. And we would comment on the various smallholdings near the road "Oh, they look as though they've had a better year than last". Sort of old friends we never actually met. Wonder how they are now?
As you say Mallorcaboy 'progress'.

And Robjay that was so eloquent!
Old 07-09-2005, 18:34

Because of the apparent vast changes to the road from Inca to Pollensa could 'Pollensa' or 'Pollensa Man' perhaps update the directions on the Main Page? It would certainly be a great help to 1st timers or even those of us who only visit once or twice a year.

I always give the currently displayed directions to friends who visit our apartment but one or two of them have 'missed the turn-off' & found themselves almost in Alcudia As I myself have not travelled this road since March of this year I am not of much use to them so please someone.........update the directions! I used to know this road like the back of my hand but not anymore!
Old 07-09-2005, 21:21
Founder

Hi,

I've already been asked about updating the 'directions' & I was about to update them with the 'short cut' that goes from Carrefour to Alcampo (regulars will know what I mean) which is the route that we use now. However there is no point changing anything else because the new/old road is just a mass of ever changing road works & diversions.

So once you are on that part 'JUST WATCH FOR THE SIGNS' - Am afraid we can't do any more until it is completed.

Webmaster