Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By scotslizzy
  • 2 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By scotslizzy
  • 13 Post By Doogz1874
  • 1 Post By Doogz1874
  • 2 Post By car77
  • 1 Post By copper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2018, 20:14

Default What's happened to doogz 1874

I like reading his posts but have not seen anything lately. Does sparky know ?
Scotslizzy
Doogz1874 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-07-2018, 22:21
Super Moderator

We spent a few lovely evenings with doogz 1874 and mogs in late May when they were in PP, so all is well but they are probably busy earning and saving for their next visit .
sws97sdg and Doogz1874 like this.
Old 16-07-2018, 07:31

Default Thanks

Thanks Sparky

I just need his "report " now !

Scotslizzy
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-07-2018, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
I like reading his posts but have not seen anything lately. Does sparky know ?
Scotslizzy

Well it has certainly put a smile on my face knowing I've been missed
As usual Sparky is spot on - I've just been really busy with work so haven't really been on here as much as I would like.
Also, with a couple of visits every year and a long list of favourite restaurants (and favourite dishes at each restaurant) I felt I was probably just repeating pretty much the same report each time which would be pretty boring for anyone reading but here are a few quick highlights from the last few visits:

El Posito - remains a top pick for us: food has consistently been great over the years but the addition of the "new" waiter Stephen has made the service & atmosphere even better than before (obviously the atmosphere had bit of an advantage as Lyn & Colin were with us )

Can Tofol - We've certainly increased our number of visits here (for lunch), in general I'll opt for one of the daily specials (Ribs in sobrasada & honey sauce was a stand out - as was oxtail) & Mogs will have a Pa Amb Oli - always great food and value.

No 31 Bar & Restaurant - It's only been here just over a year but is already a firm favourite (with us & many others!). Excellent food & good value - but you should always have a cocktail here .... in fact, as it can be quite a busy restaurant I'd suggest popping in the night before and booking .... and seeing as you're there you should treat yourself to a cocktail

Hibiscus - This wasn't a must visit every holiday but we'd pop in every 3 or 4 visits however with a few favourites closing this has now been added to our regular list. Evening MDD offers a good selection of dishes at excellent value.

Terrae - Another new(ish) restaurant on what was the site of La Celtika (and previously Mollies). It's completely different yet very similar to La Celtika (you see : it's this sort of oxymoronic contradiction that really shows why I shouldn't be writing!)... the style of food is completely different but the quality of ingredients and inventiveness of cooking & presentation are similar. They offer a tasting menu that is excellent but may be a little expensive.

Plaza Uno - Yet another new(ish) restaurant: seriously good steaks (highly recommend the Japanese cut - i.e. Wagu beef, aged for >35 days and cooked to perfection). Seafood is also great - especially the Tuna Tartare and seafood Frito. Service is great and if you've frequented La Llonja over the years you'll probably recognise some of the team.

The rest - Los Faroles, Na Ruixa, Bar Rumbo, Bar Coral. La Llonja, Bonys (& anywhere else I've forgotted) - are all just as good as ever
sws97sdg, LK1960, joey36 and 10 others like this.
Old 18-07-2018, 18:51

Default Thank You Doogz1874

Great to read your report and no 31 (caramel vodka and those clams as a starter mmm) and El posito are now on our fav list since last years visits to them both.

Where is Plaza Uno please ?

Have been reading up about new places and intend to visit Amazo but could possibly squeeze in Paza Uno as well.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 18-07-2018, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
Great to read your report and no 31 (caramel vodka and those clams as a starter mmm) and El posito are now on our fav list since last years visits to them both.

Where is Plaza Uno please ?

Have been reading up about new places and intend to visit Amazo but could possibly squeeze in Paza Uno as well.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Plaza Uno is on the square - think it was previously "Mojito" - think they also do a very reasonable evening MDD .... but I must say I find it difficult not to go a la carte and order the steak
LK1960 likes this.
Old 18-07-2018, 21:40

I also love reading your reports and don't find them repetitive! Places can change over the years and I would never have tried Plaza Uno as didn't like Mojito but will definitely give it a go this year. We all love good steak!

Car
LK1960 and Doogz1874 like this.
Old 18-07-2018, 21:41

Will definately try Restaurant 31 in September

Spent ages trying to find it without success last year even with instructions from Sparky so will do better next time !!
Doogz1874 likes this.