Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-2016, 08:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
I do hope that the cyclists will use the cycle lanes, as 8 flew past us along the front on the pavement and almost hit a toddler who was running along.
Don't hold your breath. There are too many ignorant ones.
The police need to start fining them heavily and impounding their bikes, that would soon stop them.
marilyn, Rosie34 and rebel like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-05-2016, 09:50

Do find them intimidating en masse

I blame it all on Sir Bradley !

It has become a real problem where we live in the New Forest When you have cyclists all dressed in Team Sky outfits tearing around corners meeting Forest Ponie Cattle and Donkeys on the road They are *policeing* the Wiggle cycling events better now here

I can appreciate it is great revenue for local businesses early in the season but they must obey the traffic laws like anyone else
Nick and Tangoman like this.
Old 19-05-2016, 14:51

We will not be visiting PP next April as did not like the packs of cyclists all over PP, off on a Cruise, won't have any buzzing past us on deck ha ha !!
animagic21 and Tangoman like this.
Old 19-05-2016, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by plackeyman View Post
... off on a Cruise, won't have any buzzing past us on deck ha ha !!
Don't give them ideas ...
Tangoman likes this.
Old 20-05-2016, 09:20

Mrs S & I come every May ( 31 yrs ) but not again after this years fiascos, no beds & brollies on beach and cyclists pretending to be on the Tour de France on the pavements and pine walk. Local police just look on but do nowt. Do the locals really want tourism to fail as more and more people we talk to are thinking the same?
animagic21 likes this.
Old 20-05-2016, 09:32

We were there in May and we thought as lovely as ever , yes it's a transient time but it didn't spoil anything for us . We ve been going for 15 years and never had a bad holiday whether it's been January April May July September or October . If you look for fault anywhere you will find it but if you go out to enjoy yourself you probably will the sun shone and the views were beautiful it was bliss .

Last edited by pansy potter; 20-05-2016 at 10:36.
Old 20-05-2016, 10:10

We go to Spain knowing and accepting all these things !! Nothing's going to change it so yes , sit back relax and enjoy all that it gives
rebel, Bekki, scouse mark and 2 others like this.

Last edited by pansy potter; 20-05-2016 at 10:33.
Old 23-06-2016, 08:32

They have now made the road from the roundabout on the front to the car park one way, it had been two ways! Confused now as the cycle lane stops by the car park meaning you can't cycle from the roundabout towards Llenaire, which I did everyday, have they extended the cycle path does anyone know?

On island time!!
Old 23-06-2016, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
They have now made the road from the roundabout on the front to the car park one way, it had been two ways! Confused now as the cycle lane stops by the car park meaning you can't cycle from the roundabout towards Llenaire, which I did everyday, have they extended the cycle path does anyone know?
Not yet, although people are cycling as if it has been done, not really a problem as not as many cyclists are aroound.
Old 23-06-2016, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Just come back, and no, the cycle path's not been extended. Basically, from the roundabout you have to cycle on the right hand side, and then, just after the car park, you have to cross the road and are able to use the cycle path. However, I encountered a couple of problems when on the path. Quite often I was confronted by cyclists coming towards me using the wrong 'lane'. The correct flow of cycle traffic is clearly marked by white arrows every 20-30m or so. Strangely, the majority of guilty parties were locals. Secondly, and this may be why some cyclists decided to only use the 'outside' lane, was that the road surface next to the pavement was appalling. As I ride a road bike, with thin, high air pressure tyres I found that the number of large chippings, plus the uneven surface due to the drainage gullies, made pretty hazardous conditions. Also, because of the high kerbing and the fear of catching your pedals on them, the lanes are very narrow for 2-way cycling. I have to admit I did it twice and then was not willing to risk an accident and proceeded to ride on the road from there on. If only it was like the cycle path that follows the bay around towards Alcudia?
Old 23-06-2016, 12:00

Hi jonsey, that's what I did before the road was made one way this week, so you can't even cycle on the right now

On island time!!
Old 24-06-2016, 07:53

Cifre attacks new road closure in Puerto Pollensa » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
It never ends in Puerto Pollensa, or so it seems. Former mayor Tomeu Cifre's grouping, Tots per Pollença, have posted a complaint on their Facebook page regarding the cutting of traffic from the yacht club roundabout.

Calling, once more, for the town hall administration to stop "improvising" and conducting "more experiments" with the front line road during the tourist season, ...

Drivers have been forced to use Elcano, a narrow street, in order to get to the pier and the car park that is next to it.

Tots point out that a transport plan drawn up in 2013 (when Cifre was mayor) for two-way traffic along the stretch of road in question. ...

see full article on the MDB website
Old 24-06-2016, 11:19

I am not going to make political hay out this thread, but what I will say is that I have lost count of the amount of people who have said how nice it is to see actual policemen, whether they be locales or Guardia Civil driving or walking about town.

Maybe CCTV cameras are all encompassing but having a bobbie on the ground gives one an increased sense of security.
pansy potter, Rosie34 and Pina like this.
Old 25-06-2016, 10:30

The latest change to the road layout from the roundabout to the car park is illogical IMO. It will greatly increase the traffic down El Cano and the surrounding back streets. If they want that area to become totally pedestrianised (logical) they need to move the car park
Old 25-06-2016, 10:52

It does seem strange, maybe it´s a trial to see how it goes.

I have noticed more traffic turning right ( and left ) at the petrol station, into Calle Sense Nom (street with no name), than Carrer El Cano.