Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2016, 17:13

Default cyclist along the front

Well we have just had an experience! Taking my dog for a walk along Pine Walk since her recent stroke, we found ourselves walking towards a number of cyclist on the pavement one of which cycled into my husband. He came off his bike and became very nasty pushing my husband in his chest and shoulder, shouting and swearing. This is unacceptable behaviour at the best of times but my husband is awaiting an operation on his shoulder and is now in quite a lot of pain. Thankfully a number of people came to aid including a lovely man from Scotland. (didn't get his name) Thank you all. This cyclist had High Wycombe on his back. This is not a good example of behaviour for High Wycombe or indeed England. If by chance you are reading this - Be ashamed!
driftwood likes this.
Old 24-04-2016, 17:19
Super Moderator

I am so sorry that you and hubby had to endure this Eleanor. Afraid to say this but the cyclists are getting really bad press over here at the moment and deservedly so, locals and tourists alike are sick and tired of their behaviour. OK they are probably in the minority but some of them have no regard for pedestrians and other road users, i truly believe that there is going to be a serious backlash against them unless they start to show respect .

I do hope that your hubby is OK .
Old 24-04-2016, 17:26

Thanks Sparky. He is ok but we feel quite angry by the attitude of this person. A child quite honestly would not have stood much chance. These bikes are dangerous and should not be used where people are walking. This was after all an area that is for pedestrians. We have had a tough time with our dog and really didn't need this. So many nice people came to support. The cyclist soon got on his bike and off he went. I think you are quite correct that they are causing problems for themselves. Trying to drive on some of the roads this year has become quite a challenge.
debz1, Sparky, lollipop and 6 others like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 18:15
Banned

I reported this possible problem very recently on here.
If this idiot had done that to me or my family he'd be wearing his bike now.
Hope your husband is okay.
Old 24-04-2016, 18:26

All good thanks Nick. I'm not against cyclist and won't judge them all by this person. I am very against unsociable behaviour, violence and rudeness which is totally unacceptable. This person was out of order!
debz1, Sparky, clinkham and 7 others like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 18:28

Angry

Well said Nick - and I'll not tell you where the handlebars would have been if it had been my family!

On a serious note, this only seems to apply to you folks that like to come out in the spring when the Latex men like to train!! Surely the local government/council can sort this out. Hopefully we will have no problems in August, when I expect that it is just too hot for them. Hope all is well Eleanor.
Nick, eleanor and Tomir like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 19:13

As an active cyclist I am also keen to promote social behaviour. I believe this incident needs to be reported to the cycling club involved. They would be able to identify the individual concerned. They can be contacted via e-mail at High Wycombe Cycle Club | Just another WordPress site
Old 24-04-2016, 19:45

Also, I see on their FB site that the team is in Majorca. Please do report this person. You may be able to recognise him from the team photo. Best Wishes to your husband.
Rosie34, eleanor and driftwood like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 19:52
Banned

It is such a shame because the island lends itself to cyclists and cycling holidays. Obviously they bring in very welcome revenue. However, surely any person on a cycle would give way to a pedestrian wherever they are? Then to retaliate when clearly in the wrong beggars belief.

I think Bails' suggestion is a very good one, if you feel minded to email them.
pansy potter and driftwood like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 20:45
Super Moderator

Yes i also agree with Bails and would suggest that if anyone has a similar problem to take the name of the club (if they are wearing a club jersey) and report them. It's in the club's best interest to deal with any wrong doers.
animagic21, eleanor, Bekki and 1 others like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 20:56

Huge support for you on Facebook eleanor , and thank you for posting it as it has shown how much discontent has been bubbling under the surface for those cyclists who think they share celebrity status and are above both the law, and morality. Hope Chris is enjoying is own celebrity status at the moment!
Nick, eleanor and Tomir like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 21:09

Cycling is prohibited along the pedestrian walkways but is not being policed, this incident really should have been reported to the Guardia Civil, I ma sure they would have taken action.
debz1, eleanor and driftwood like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 21:46

I agree, Eleanor must report this to the club and also the Guardia Civil if it is not too late. After all these people are representing their club overseas and must behave accordingly - this person's behaviour is totally unacceptable.
animagic21, eleanor and driftwood like this.
Old 24-04-2016, 22:35

I would imagine that it is territory covered by the municipal police not the Guardia Civil.
driftwood likes this.
Old 24-04-2016, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
All good thanks Nick. I'm not against cyclist and won't judge them all by this person. I am very against unsociable behaviour, violence and rudeness which is totally unacceptable. This person was out of order!
You've used the correct word there ie. "Rudeness" - too many people today believe they and their family/friends etc. enjoyment/behaviour trumps EVERYONE elses...just very arrogant people.
Your fair response is a lesson to us all.
Rosie34 and eleanor like this.