Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree29Likes
  • 17 Post By gilld
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 3 Post By CathB
  • 2 Post By lovemallorca
  • 6 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2014, 20:31

Default Trip Report April

Well thats our annual Easter break over. Luckily we came home to warmish weather and have been able to spend more time outside.
Before we arrived in PP i had many plans, day trip to Palma, lunch in Pollensa, and a wee trip into Alcudia. However, once in PP i fell under its spell again and never ventured out of the port, unless you call the ferry ride to Formentor a day away. Its amazing how easily you get into the flow of not doing too much, with each day morphing into the next - heaven.
We had an amazing week and were so surprised by how lucky we were with the weather, and managed not only to spend some time on the beach, but swimming in the sea too - cold but you quickly got used to it.
This time we stayed at the Hotel Uyal, which we thoroughly enjoyed and after many times staying at the Illa D'or i have to say Uyal is now my new favourite hotel. We had a great room in the main building, on the corner of the building with great views out over the bay and sun most of the day. Rooms were furnished to a high standard, hotel breakfast plenty of choice and well organised. We also had lunch at the hotel on a couple of occassions which was good value and tasty. Would also say that bar prices were reasonable, had many a nightcap after our walk back to the hotel at night.
The beach was very clean and the umbrellas had gone up at Tamarells by the time we arrived, had been watching daily on the webcam at work. Did "wave" to my work colleagues on Monday at the webcam at prearranged time!
Was surprised at how busy the resort was, with most of the restaurants opened. Didnt think prices had changed much since our last visit in October.
Ate at Jokers, Dakota, Nicos, Tiberi, C'an Pescador & El Bistro, all nice meals. Had intended to try C'an Josep & Brisas after reading many a review on here, but was busy on the nights we tried - oh well that means another return visit.
I think we must officially have shares in the ice cream shack after the copious amounts of the frozen stuff hubby and the kids got through. Boys loved to leave a tip with the girls just so they would ring the bell.
Visited the market and have another addition to my ceramic dishes, got some olives and balsamic from the oil shop up from the small Eroski. Delish...
Finally, thanks to all posters on this site, from giving reviews to restaurants, to reading what others get up to on holiday and of course our daily weather reports from Sparky and others.
pollensa, debz1, sws97sdg and 14 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2014, 22:11
Super Moderator

What a lovely trip report, we too used to plan to visit other places when we came on holiday but rarely ventured far because we were far too relaxed to move . Thanks for taking the time to post Gilld .
gilld likes this.
Old 21-04-2014, 07:37

Great report..so glad to read that it is not just us that has all these plans to go places and never get there
whaleywanderer, Sparky and gilld like this.

Eating Out
Old 21-04-2014, 09:24

Great report. I can sense your relaxed state of mind in every line.

The Illa d'Or is such a lovely location. Spending a morning with a coffee or a beer, sitting in the terrace bar, overlooking the sea, is just one of the most pleasant things I can think of.

Now having heard your thoughts on the Hotel Uyal, we will make a point of calling in there and having a good look round!
Sparky and gilld like this.

Last edited by lovemallorca; 21-04-2014 at 10:07.
Old 21-04-2014, 20:23

Best laid plans eh! We were out early April and had a list of things to do but only scratched the surface as the weather was so good we just chilled out.

I've never been inside the Uyall but always think it looks lovely when we've walk past, rather colonial with the porch at the front. The only thing that spoils it Imo is the road.

We also commented on how busy the port was when we were out and the restaurants we went to seemed to be buzzing despite it being so early in the year. Everyone we spoke to seemed more positive that the recession is easing.

Anyway, I've managed to swing another week in May to finish those chores..bet I won't though