Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-2010, 21:42

Default Trip Report

We were out for ten days but the following review is the 5 days when friends (first timers to PP) joined us!

!3th Ocober: El Temple

Melinda and Richard fancied tapas so we headed into Pollensa as we love this little bistro and wanted them to see an authentic Mallorcan restaurant. We wandered up through the square and the winding streets and were relieved to see El Temple was still open as it's rumoured to be up for sale. We sat in the little courtyard at the back and settled down with some wine. While we were looking at the menu another table were delivered their main course of suckling pig and it looked so good we all decided we'd have it too! We had some delicious tapas to start including serrano ham, dates wrapped in bacon and pimientos de padron. The suckling pig was THE best I've ever tasted and was served with potatoes and some nice veg. All washed down with another bottle of wine. Coffee to finish and a liquour each on the house. The bill came to 110 € which we all deemed very good value. We then set off for home but as we were walking back through the square we heard music and went to investigate!! In the street that runs parallel to the square and just to the side of the church was a a bar I'd never noticed before called Malanga. A quick nightcap seemed a good idea so in we went! It was very tastefully decorated with cream sofas and nice pictures on the wall...and very noisy. Full of locals some of whom we recognised from local restaurants and a really good atmosphere. Best of all were the prices of the drinks...2 pints and 2 large glasses of wine 9€. At that price we had another round which seemed a good idea at the time ! Got home around 3.30 all very happy.

14th Oct: La Llonja

Friday was warm and sunny so we went to Formentor with a picnic of cheese, pate ,baguettes etc and spent four hours sunbathing and snoozing , and the boys even had a swim! As it was a bit chilly and blowy in the evening we decided to go to La Llonja and sit inside. The MDD is now cheaper than last year at 27€ to include everything, except we did have 3 Ricards and a pint of beer to start! Bread and olives to nibble while we looked at the menu and we all decided on different things but all from the MDD. Starters were fish carpaccio, vegetable soup, Frito marinero and spaghetti amatriana and to follow Osso Buco, Mackerel fillet and two of us had Stuffed aubergine. The service and quality of the food could not be faulted in any way. Can't remember what the dessert was as I was too full but it looked very pretty! Coffees and liquors to finish and the bill came to 135€ Exceptional value!

15th Oct: Stay

M and R's wedding anniversary so we had a wonderful celebratory meal at Stay. We sat by the waters edge and with the heaters on it was more than warm enough (no blankets required!) MDD again which includes bread, olives ,an amuse, starter, main course, dessert, wine, water, coffee, and liquors. Like La Llonja this restaurant cannot be beaten on value and quality. Things beginning to get a bit hazy now but starters included thai fish soup and spicy fishcakes . For main course three of us had pork fillet in curry sauce and one mixed meat skewer. We had secretly ordered a bottle of cava and told the waiter it was for an anniversary so instead of individual desserts they presented us with a sharing plate of fruit, ice cream , sorbet and a sort of cheese cake and had written Happy Anniversary in chocolate sauce on the plate! M and R were very touched. Bill came to 135€ excluding the cava. We then staggered to Nostalgia for fun and frolics and got home VERY late...again! No Sparky though!

16th October: Es Res ( Portals Vells)

Went for a drive through the mountains and stopped off for a drink in Valdemossa. Then on to Portalls Vells which is about 3 miles from Magaluf but could not be more different. Some other friends introduced us to this lovely little beach restaurant set in a picturesque bay( Think CSV but prettier) The paella here is to die for so we decided we'd all have that, but being very greedy we shared a plate of the most deliciously fresh sardines to start, along with bread and olives. Washed down with 2 bottles of wine, water and coffees and the bill was 120€ (not cheap for a beach restaurant but very good). This is where all the 'big boys' sail in to the bay and then come ashore for lunch. We spied one called 'One More Toy' (how pretentious ) and I couldn't resist googling it when we got back to see who owns it. Apparently it's a charter which you can hire for 200,000€ a week!!!!!!! After driving back we were too tired to go out ( and we all secretly wanted to watch Strictly and X Factor) so we stayed in and raided the fridge. All feeling VERY fat and 'fooded out' by now!

!7th Oct: Joker

The market in Pollensa was shelved as it was raining. Went to Joker for a cooked breakfast before driving R and M back to the airport. Great value and view as always even though it was teeming down! I think it was about 35€ for a full English and two cups of coffee each.
So after 5 great days we waved our good friends off and returned to PP for a few more days to detox and recover. We did manage a few more meals though!

Nostalgia

Went here early one evening as it had been raining all day and we were going stir crazy and needed a walk! We managed to sit outside albeit using the sun shade as an umbrella! I had the red Thai chicken curry , which was amazing and very hot, and Malc had chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms in a delicious sauce. Had a nice chat to Colin and said how fortunate he was to have bagged Ross! I can't remember what the bill was but it was very reasonable. Really good food and a great addition to the Port . No Sparky though ...again!!

Little Italy: Great pizzas...rubbish service!

Mirch Massala Best Indian takeaway in the Port although have never eaten in. For location I would probably say Kashmir is better but as we only ever have an Indian takeaway when in PP I prefer Mirch by far.

We had really wonderful time introducing our friends to Mallorca and now they know what we are always raving about. They loved PP and want to visit again very soon. Been back in the UK for just over a week and missing 'home' already.

The diet has begun in earnest.......
Sponsored Links
Old 29-10-2010, 22:15

Can't see Los Zarzales on this list WHY ?? will have to report you to Yolanda breach of use.

A bird also told me you were in good voice in Nostalgia with Malc !!!.
Old 29-10-2010, 22:48

Many thanks for that informative & concise report Debz.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:53

Great "Trip Report" Debs.....made my mouth water as these reports always do! Lots of great places....must try Es Res one year!!
So glad your friends fell in love with PP.

PS What did you sing in Nostalgia?
Old 30-10-2010, 12:10
Super Moderator

Great report Debz and all very reasonably priced, can't believe we didn't bump into each other. Well done for getting 2 more PP converts.
Old 30-10-2010, 13:03

Debs,

Great review and so glad that La Llonga is back on your list . Remember the night earlier in the summer when we sat over the drain and swore never to eat there again ???

BonysLad
Old 30-10-2010, 17:28

Thanks for the report Debz, glad to see 2 of my favourites (El Temple and Stay)are still delivering the goods.

Adios

Dave
Old 30-10-2010, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Debs,

Great review and so glad that La Llonga is back on your list . Remember the night earlier in the summer when we sat over the drain and swore never to eat there again ???

BonysLad
I remember it well :eek

Hopefully the problem is sorted now....unless it was you just blaming it on the drain?! In which case I reiterate...hopefully the problem is sorted now
Old 30-10-2010, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
Great "Trip Report" Debs.....made my mouth water as these reports always do! Lots of great places....must try Es Res one year!!
So glad your friends fell in love with PP.

Favie they have certainly fallen in love with PP and want to come with us next April for the wine festival!

The song we murdered in Nostalgia was I Got You, the old Sonny and Cher classic! Malc and Richard were obviously meant to sing the boy bits and me the girl. Unfortunately Richard is not very karaoke savvy and didn't realise the lines in blue were for the boys and the ones in pink the girls, so he just bellowed out the whole song. I was completely drowned out (probably a very good thing ) I should have just let the boys get on with their little 'bromance' !!!
Old 30-10-2010, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post

So glad I asked the question!

Fab story Debs.....wish I had been in Nostalgia THAT night to hear your rendition of one of my fav songs!! A good night then in a FAB place!

Not surprised your friends are returning to PP next year.....once you have sampled it you just want more....
Old 31-10-2010, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I remember it well :eek

Hopefully the problem is sorted now....unless it was you just blaming it on the drain?! In which case I reiterate...hopefully the problem is sorted now
Debs,

The truth will out , always !!!!

Now you know why I sang " Blowing in the Wind " at Nostalgia later that night !!!!!

BonysLad