Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree1190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2020, 17:58
Super Moderator

Translated from the UH, https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/n...ad-fisica.html

Quote:
The Minister of Health, Salvador Illa , has appeared this Thursday to explain how the outings of children, vulnerable population and citizens who are going to play sports will be organized from this Saturday, starting this Saturday, May 2.

And so, the hours established by Health are as follows:

Between 6 and 10 in the morning and from 20 to 23: walks and individual physical activity for those over 14 years of age. One kilometer from home, accompanied by a partner and once a day-

Time slot reserved for people over 70 and dependent people; from 10 to 12 and from 19 to 20 hours.

For children, from 12 to 19 hours, in the conditions already known.

Municipalities with less than 5,000 are excluded from the time bands, Illa has detailed.
LK1960 and kazzergardner like this.
Old 30-04-2020, 18:14

Thanks Sparky, a quick question, and not wanting to appear ignorant, however, any idea if Puerto Pollensa be classed as under the 5000 at this point, or do we come under Pollensa Municipality?
Old 30-04-2020, 19:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzergardner View Post
Thanks Sparky, a quick question, and not wanting to appear ignorant, however, any idea if Puerto Pollensa be classed as under the 5000 at this point, or do we come under Pollensa Municipality?
PP is part of the Pollensa Municipality, along with CSV and Formentor, as far as i know .
kazzergardner likes this.
Old 30-04-2020, 19:47
Super Moderator

A more detailed report :-

Quote:
Walks and exercise starting 2nd May

The following information has been taken and translated from a live press conference given by Salvador Illa, Health Minister, today 30th April 2020 at 6pm.

The population (from 14 year olds upwards) will be allowed to take walks and do exercise from Saturday 2nd May.

The ‘de-escalation’ Committee has established "time slots" to organize the outings of the population and protect the most vulnerable groups. The decision was made "according to the data that shows the good evolution of the pandemic in Spain," they explain.

⭐️ Adults from the age 14 years old upwards may go out for walks or to do exercise within the time slot of 6am to 10am, and from 8pm to 11pm. Once a day, one hour only. Walks radius 1km. Exercise can be more but only inside municipality.

⭐️ Dependent adults (elderly, those with a carer, etc) may go out between 10am and 12 midday, and between 7pm and 8pm. Walk is Once a day, one hour. Radius 1km. Inside municipality.

⭐️ Children (under 14 years old) may now only go out between 12 midday and 7pm. Under the same conditions as before, with only 1 adult, maximum 3 children. No meetings with other children nor adults, nor playing with others. Once a day, one hour. Radius 1km. Inside municipality.

✅ You may use bicycles, scooters, roller-skates, surf boards even! As long as the sport that you are practicing, you do it ALONE. Once a day inside your municipality.

✅ You may take a walk with one other person, with whom you live. 1 hour, 1km, once a day.

✅ And always clean/disinfect all equipment used while outside, when back home. And of course, wash your hands well, etc. These are government recommendations.

✅ When going out for the walk with persons from your same home, it is highly recommended to wear a mask. It is understood that when practicing exercise or sport, it is not so easy to wear a mask, due to heavy breathing etc.

✅ You must at ALL TIMES keep at least a 2 metre distance from all other persons.

Remember, the walk (which can be done with ONE PERSON ONLY, who lives with you), is different to the exercise, that must be done alone. For example, to go out to cycle or a run, you must go alone. If you are just going for a normal short walk, you can do it with someone you live with.

🚫You must NOT use communal sport areas for example; tennis courts, football pitches, etc. The use of these areas is NOT PERMITTED.

🚫No comment was given on golf courses. We would assume it counts as a communal sport area.

🚫You cannot take your car to go somewhere else, further away, for your walk or exercise. You must stay in your own municipality, without taking your car.

Each town hall may also give further regulations for their town. This news is for Spain in general.

In municipalities with a population of less than 5.000, these time slots do not apply. Those who live in such towns may do exercise/walks from 6am – 11pm, as there will be no risk of overcrowding.

Definition of dependent person: “A dependent person is one who has limitations to carry out one or more basic life activities, such as dressing, washing, cooking or shopping.”
Gp1602 and kazzergardner like this.
Old 30-04-2020, 20:17

Many thanks for all the information Sparky much appreciated, I wonder if a swim is allowed for exercise if surfboards are allowed?! But will take all on board and act accordingly, the quicker we all abide by the rules, hopefully the quicker all will be resolved.
Sparky and Gp1602 like this.
Old 30-04-2020, 21:03
Super Moderator

Quote:
Many thanks for all the information Sparky much appreciated, I wonder if a swim is allowed for exercise if surfboards are allowed?! But will take all on board and act accordingly, the quicker we all abide by the rules, hopefully the quicker all will be resolved.
I know it's stupid but swimming is not allowed, doesn't make sense that surfing is .
Rosie34 and kazzergardner like this.
Old 30-04-2020, 21:39

A little bizarre, but there we are, if that is the rule then so be it. Many thanks once again for all the information.
Sparky likes this.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I know it's stupid but swimming is not allowed, doesn't make sense that surfing is .
Especially if you fall off your surfboard - are you allowed to swim in those circumstances
Sparky, Gp1602, varsp and 1 others like this.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Especially if you fall off your surfboard - are you allowed to swim in those circumstances
I have re-read the rules and i now think there may be an error in translation, where it says surf board i wonder if it should be skate board, now that would make more sense .

I think it is possible that the sea is out of bounds for any activity.
Rosie34, ragdollabbi and Gp1602 like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-05-2020 at 10:14.
Old 01-05-2020, 15:23

Don't be suprised if there is a second wave of infections here in a couple of weeks. I've just been down to Lidl for the weekly shopping and was amazed to see that people are acting as if it is all over and the virus has gone. I witnessed two instances of people stopping and chatting at close quarters on street corners with no masks. In the supermarket few were bothering to maintain anything like a safe distance and the number wearing facemasks has dropped from around 50% to about 10%. If the Spanish people are going to act like this then the government would perhaps be better to keep a total lockdown until R = 0.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 01-05-2020, 15:34
Super Moderator

We only use Hiper Centro and the big farmacia and always around 3pm, it's always quiet so no problem with social distancing and rarely see or hear other people on the streets .
Old 03-05-2020, 16:15

Re the swimming scenario, I might be completely wrong here but I have seen a couple of posts alluding to the fact that swimming 'as a sport', for the individual, is allowed -but not as a group activity. One of the posts was from the local police but the translation could have been misleading!I have seen a couple of people entering the water to do what I would class as 'proper' swimming so wondered if anyone else had any thoughts? Personally I used to always do an early morning swim, on my own, hence the question. But certainly would not like to go against any rules or regulations so am leaving it for the moment, but would love to know if there is any further clarity?
Old 03-05-2020, 16:51

#132 << I have seen a couple of people entering the water to do what I would class as 'proper' swimming >> Proper ?

Some 'improper' swimming was recently stopped by the Police, when they caught a couple skinny-dipping

Last edited by KWUK2; 03-05-2020 at 17:04.
Old 03-05-2020, 17:17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Re the swimming scenario, I might be completely wrong here but I have seen a couple of posts alluding to the fact that swimming 'as a sport', for the individual, is allowed -but not as a group activity. One of the posts was from the local police but the translation could have been misleading!I have seen a couple of people entering the water to do what I would class as 'proper' swimming so wondered if anyone else had any thoughts? Personally I used to always do an early morning swim, on my own, hence the question. But certainly would not like to go against any rules or regulations so am leaving it for the moment, but would love to know if there is any further clarity?
It really is very confusing isn't it? .

Things are being constantly reviewed so maybe the rules will change, we will just have to wait and see but i will post if i see anything official.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-05-2020 at 17:21.
Old 03-05-2020, 17:23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post
#132 << I have seen a couple of people entering the water to do what I would class as 'proper' swimming >> Proper ?

Some 'improper' swimming was recently stopped by the Police, when they caught a couple skinny-dipping
Just to clarify, this incident happened before the relaxation of the total lock down rules .