Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Medical (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/medical/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/medical/14501-coronavirus.html)

Magic Hat 20-03-2020 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockape (Post 129350)
...Anyway, I'm really hoping that we can get out in a couple of months time....not writing that off yet!

I really hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic about our May trip.

Miller 20-03-2020 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129347)
Because my wrist is so painful i can't clap out on the balcony at 8pm, then i remembered getting one of those frog clicker toys in the NYE party bag.....job done although i think my neighbours wondered what the heck i was doing ;).

Lots here at home have been impersonating frogs lately. They were going " knee deep" because of the floods.
Keep your chin up, as many of them had to?

Sparky 20-03-2020 17:44

All hotels across Spain have been ordered to close within 7 days :(.

Sparky 20-03-2020 20:31

Really emotional tonight for the 8pm tribute, while we were out the local police and GC were driving around with lights flashing and sirens sounding, this was to thank the people for adhering to the rules. Much appreciated :D:D.

kazzergardner 21-03-2020 09:14

Fantastic support and community spirit here for all, my daughter and I are self isolating in our apartment here and are so impressed with how it is all being handled, from the cheerful help in the supermarkets to the total organisation of shopping, the gloves they are handing out, the distancing - and the good will to all that is being shown. Hopefully all these measures will see us out of this sooner rather than later, but in the meantime, hats off to Spain, and certainly to everyone who is working to keep us safe and well. The tribute was fantastic and so well deserved, community spirit alive and well in PP.

Rosie34 21-03-2020 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazzergardner (Post 129356)
Fantastic support and community spirit here for all, my daughter and I are self isolating in our apartment here and are so impressed with how it is all being handled, from the cheerful help in the supermarkets to the total organisation of shopping, the gloves they are handing out, the distancing - and the good will to all that is being shown. Hopefully all these measures will see us out of this sooner rather than later, but in the meantime, hats off to Spain, and certainly to everyone who is working to keep us safe and well. The tribute was fantastic and so well deserved, community spirit alive and well in PP.

Thats good to hear - I wish our supermarkets were as well organised:rolleyes:

P&C@29 21-03-2020 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie34 (Post 129357)
Thats good to hear - I wish our supermarkets were as well organised:rolleyes:

Hi Rosie34 can I just put something to you as a supermarket worker here in the UK, since the virus broke we in the supermarket trade have been shouted at because there is very little stock on shelves that is because greedy B*****s are hording loads of stuff and could not give a F**k about any one else. A colleague of mine got spat at because a middle aged man took 6 eggs from an old lady's trolley my colleague saw this and tried to intervene so got spat at. We store workers don't order the items from suppliers we put on shelves what is sent to us from HO. There is more than enough to go round if people stopped hording. Sorry for the rant but getting shouted at day after day does not make going work a pleasure. and the bad language.

Miller 21-03-2020 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by P&C@29 (Post 129359)
Hi Rosie34 can I just put something to you as a supermarket worker here in the UK, since the virus broke we in the supermarket trade have been shouted at because there is very little stock on shelves that is because greedy B*****s are hording loads of stuff and could not give a F**k about any one else. A colleague of mine got spat at because a middle aged man took 6 eggs from an old lady's trolley my colleague saw this and tried to intervene so got spat at. We store workers don't order the items from suppliers we put on shelves what is sent to us from HO. There is more than enough to go round if people stopped hording. Sorry for the rant but getting shouted at day after day does not make going work a pleasure. and the bad language.

My sympathy goes to all supermarket workers at the present time. It is not fair to expect them to have to police the greedy public.If the law made a few examples for unsociable behavour with some big fines, well publicised with a wall of shame on the supermarkets window, it might make people think!

Roy&Myra 21-03-2020 12:57

Put a couple of soldiers with a gun in every supermarket and take the offending hoarders out and have them arrested.
This would soon stop this stupidity by the greedy people.

Sparky 21-03-2020 13:17

Quote:

Reading this makes me so sad and angry, the disrespect and utter selfishness of some people leaves me lost for words, what the hell is wrong with them. I honestly believe the UK government needs to make a law that only 2 or 3 of each item is allowed, that said of course the supermarket bosses should have done this voluntarily from the start but i guess profits are more important. Yes i know limits are starting to be introduced but it should be mandatory.

At the start of this here in PP there was some panic buying but it was stamped out very quickly. Now it's well organised and there is plenty of everything, only so many people allowed in at one time and keeping a 2mt distance, you have to wear gloves and use sanitizer on entry.

Is all this greed, selfishness, abuse and anger a British thing?, if so, i am ashamed of my nationality :(:mad:.

Rosie34 21-03-2020 14:20

Quote:

Believe me - I am totally on the side of all the supermarket staff - all I was referring to was the lack of organisation by the supermarkets to avoid all the unpleasantness- which appears to be working in P P. So really sorry if my post was misunderstood- I’ll keep my mouth shut in future 😟

Sparky 21-03-2020 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie34 (Post 129363)
Believe me - I am totally on the side of all the supermarket staff - all I was referring to was the lack of organisation by the supermarkets to avoid all the unpleasantness- which appears to be working in P P. So really sorry if my post was misunderstood- I’ll keep my mouth shut in future 😟

No need to keep your mouth shut Rosie, i completely understood your point ;).

Disorderly 21-03-2020 16:22

It’s worth remembering that supermarket staff, on low wages I’m sure, spend their working day with hoards of people walking past them less than 2 metres away......they are truly on the front line with other essential and vulnerable workers. Three cheers and sincere thanks to them I say.....they do not deserve anything other than our gratitude and respect.

Supermarket bosses may have been slow to react to the ignorant hoarders.....but it really shouldn’t have been necessary, should it?

It’s great to hear how wonderfully the Spanish are dealing with this.....just a shame we won’t know how many months it will be before we can return to our apartment again.

To all of you in PP......much admiration and best wishes for your safety and well-being.

Gp1602 21-03-2020 18:33

I agree. If you are working in the retail sector at the moment you are frontline and subject to awful abuse by foul people sadly :( I do also agree that it appears to be better organised in Spain than here. Not sure why we can’t get it right?i think it has to come from the government.

Magic Hat 21-03-2020 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129362)
...Is all this greed, selfishness, abuse and anger a British thing?, if so, i am ashamed of my nationality :(:mad:.

Don't despair, it doesn't seem to have been too bad around our way, most people are playing the game as far as I've noticed. I did however see one fine "gentleman" heading out of Asda with a years supply of toilet roll last week though!