Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Medical (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/medical/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/medical/14501-coronavirus.html)

ChrisW 16-03-2020 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129314)
Even more people around the Port have come out tonight to applaud the healthcare, supermarket and farmacia staff :D.

I find that really moving.......

Sparky 16-03-2020 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisW (Post 129315)
I find that really moving.......

It is a very simple gesture but it's the only way we can show our gratitude, all these workers are putting themselves at risk.

I personally also feel it helps us all to see we are living in a caring community :D.

JPALCOVER 17-03-2020 11:29

FYI

https://www.facebook.com/BritsInSpai...0845330824956/

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...ronavirus.html

Sparky 18-03-2020 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129314)
Even more people around the Port have come out tonight to applaud the healthcare, supermarket and farmacia staff :D.

It's really catching on now and many including us are also thankful to the police, GC, bus and taxi drivers, they are all on the front line.

Troops have now also been deployed in Palma ;).

JPALCOVER 18-03-2020 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129324)
It's really catching on now and many including us are also thankful to the police, GC, bus and taxi drivers, they are all on the front line.

Troops have now also been deployed in Palma ;).

"Never was so much owed by so many to so few" WC speech, August 20, 1940

Sparky 18-03-2020 23:41

Well guys i have become a casualty of this thing.......opening so many bottles of vino to keep our spirits up has caused a flare up of RSI in my wrist :eek:;).

Gommar Goffer 19-03-2020 00:57

It's hard, relentless work Sparky! I've got tennis elbow from the constant pouring!!

Sparky 19-03-2020 01:55

The motto at this time in Spain is "Resistiré", "I will resist ", in other words, we will beat this ;):).

Tommo 19-03-2020 09:37

Hi all. Here in the UK myself and Anne are self isolating, as we both suffer from respiratory problems. It's not going to be easy. We are experiencing terrible problems, with regard to online shopping. However, we are lucky compared to some, as our daughter lives nearby and she can do some shopping for us.
As for the panic buying here, seen on TV, around the world,I'm ashamed to say I'm British. I think the UK government should step in as per the European government's have.
When all this is over and it will be over, we will return to our favourite place.
Keep safe all. Xx Eddie and Anne.

copper 19-03-2020 10:38

A lot of supermarkets in the UK are doing their bit to help the elderly with earlier opening hours Morrisons setting up special phone lines and deliveries for people who dont use the internet

The worse fights I have seen pics of are in Australia !!

We are thinking our trip in June possibly will be off We should be on Costa del Sol now and Lanzarote next month but we will return to all these places

Just hope people can keep their businesses running

Keep well all

PP76 19-03-2020 11:42

We should be on our way to Australia now and have May and June booked for PP will just have to wait and see!
Keep safe everyone.

Carol 19-03-2020 12:13

Cleaning our apartment and packing ready to go back to UK this evening - fingers crossed that the BA flight happens. Worried about going home as not much in the way of food supplies no such problems here. It is very quiet since the lockdown on Sunday. You can only go out and only on your own if you are going to the food shops, chemist, bank, tabacs or walking the dog. The shops have full shelves - they only let in a certain number of people so you have to queue outside 2m apart and you can only go in on your own. You have to wear plastic gloves. Same for all shops. So very restricted and there are police/ army cruising around asking what people are doing. Some business’s are working but all the bars,restaurants, normal shops are closed. When you are out people walk far apart with purpose and a worried look in there eyes. No going to the beach or a leisurely walk along the Pine Walk.
We are very sad - not sure when this will all be over so we can come back - we think a lot longer than they are saying.

Sparky 20-03-2020 00:21

Because my wrist is so painful i can't clap out on the balcony at 8pm, then i remembered getting one of those frog clicker toys in the NYE party bag.....job done although i think my neighbours wondered what the heck i was doing ;).

Goldfinch 20-03-2020 11:07

Coronavirus restrictions mean that visits to our flat are likely to be impossible for 4 - 5 months. Any advice from members on how to suspend electricity, gas and telephone services? Have tried unsuccessfully to contact Movistar.

Rockape 20-03-2020 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldfinch (Post 129349)
Coronavirus restrictions mean that visits to our flat are likely to be impossible for 4 - 5 months. Any advice from members on how to suspend electricity, gas and telephone services? Have tried unsuccessfully to contact Movistar.

You can't suspend gas or electricity, but hopefully your power is isolated at the board?. I don't have gas but you'll only pay the basic admin charge for the connection anyway....same with electric which I believe is about 12 euros a month.

I would expect that you have signed up to a contract with Movistar, so not much chance of doing anything about that, I'm afraid!

Anyway, I'm really hoping that we can get out in a couple of months time....not writing that off yet!