Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Medical (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/medical/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/medical/14501-coronavirus.html)

debz1 14-03-2020 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopy (Post 129280)
A post on facebook said that Tecun was ordered to close with everyone out for 12:00.

I'm far from an expert but what good does it do closing at 12:00?

I thought exactly the same Hoopy

Sparky 15-03-2020 00:23

Total lock down as of now :(.

Luckjon 15-03-2020 12:43

There is a police roadblock by Tamarells restaurant and they are stopping vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians. They advised us to return "to your abode"

Sparky 15-03-2020 15:35

People caught breaking the rules face fines of between 600 and 30,000 euros :eek:.

mike_dublin 15-03-2020 19:23

Are people still allowed to travel to the airport and catch a flight home?
Are there any scheduled or rescue flights back to the UK?

There's scant information on any official websites.

Teacu 15-03-2020 20:09

Mike - I Googled 'rescue flights from majorca'. The search result directed me to a specific page on the Easyjet website which states that they will be laying in such flights over the next few days, and instructions as to how to get booked on one of them. Don't know about getting to the airport..

mike_dublin 15-03-2020 20:27

@Teacu

Thank you. I was mostly asking for people still out in PP and if there's any information on the ground about travel to the airport, if possible, and the flights.
I'm not currently out, just trying to gather information re the shutdown.

I've heard that there is still a reduced number of scheduled flights planned to Ireland,as well as some rescue flights, but only until Thursday.

Sparky 15-03-2020 21:59

Buses are running but on a reduced timetable, i have no info on taxis but i believe if you can prove your journey is essential then you are allowed to travel.

I will try to get some info re taxis.

Sparky 15-03-2020 23:55

Tonight at 8 pm most of our neighbours and us were out on our balconies clapping in support of the health workers, it was emotional but also quite uplifting to see the community coming together. We will get through this.

mike_dublin 16-03-2020 08:05

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...ronavirus.html

Quote:

#The President of the Government, Francina Armengol, ...

...l wants the Ministry of Development to tighten air and sea restrictions even more and her plan is send all Spanish tourists back to their autonomous communities and send all foreign tourists home to their own countries.

"The necessary flights are guaranteed for the return of Balearic residents to the Islands and the rest will be restricted as much as possible by air and sea,” but freight traffic will be guaranteed.

see full article on the MDB website

El Gordo 16-03-2020 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129307)
Tonight at 8 pm most of our neighbours and us were out on our balconies clapping in support of the health workers, it was emotional but also quite uplifting to see the community coming together. We will get through this.

It was very uplifting to see the applause and the response of the health workers themselves. :D

There has been various vids on FB of singing from balconies in Italy and Spain, applauded by all. However I have also seen a vid from Germany where neighbours were calling the police about the disturbance Ha Ha!!

Keep your peckers up folks, we are all in this mess wherever you are in the world. Stay safe and healthy. :cool:

Gommar Goffer 16-03-2020 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 129306)
Buses are running but on a reduced timetable, i have no info on taxis but i believe if you can prove your journey is essential then you are allowed to travel.

I will try to get some info re taxis.

I think taxis are operating but check the price before travelling as I have seen reports of inflated fares:mad:

Sparky 16-03-2020 15:33

Day 2 of the lock down.

So we are into day 2.

Colin went shopping and said all was quiet and orderly in Hyper Centro. We are only going out for food shopping and only buying what we need on a daily basis :). I will brave the rubbish run this evening :eek:.

Unfortunately have heard reports that some are being greedy :mad:.

On the bright side we have plenty of wine and spirits in stock and at least we have each other ;), i really feel for those living alone :(.

Lorenzo 16-03-2020 16:29

My Easyjet flight back to Gatwick tomorrow afternoon was cancelled an hour ago, but I was offered a new one, with Easyjet, leaving just after 9pm tomorrow evening. All checked in and fingers crossed for now.

Sparky 16-03-2020 21:00

Even more people around the Port have come out tonight to applaud the healthcare, supermarket and farmacia staff :D.