Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2005, 03:35

Default La Victoria

Looking towards Puerto Pollensa across the bay?
It's got to be La Victoria.

Cheers!

Frito
Sponsored Links
Old 13-07-2005, 04:09

Default Re: La Victoria

Our favourite place for lunch and an ice cold beer on a sunny day

What an amazing view and fantastic looking across to PP! Not surprisingly it's a very popular venue for weddings...just need my daughters to bag a rich Mallorquian

Debs
Old 13-07-2005, 14:49

We're going to La Victoria today for lunch. Dropped in yesterday to see if they did a menu of the day to continue our most dedicated investigations on this subject and found they did, so we will check it out today. (Hard work, but someone has to do it to keep mankind informed!!!)
Old 13-07-2005, 15:22
Snowy

Mallorcaboy

Look forward to reading your report.
Old 13-07-2005, 18:24
Roy and Katie

Snowy,

I think you mean "La Terraza", which is in Alcanada. It overlooks the bay and the food is very very good. A rhree course meal with half a bottle of wine is 32 euros. Booking is essential - phone 971545611. It is owned by the same person who owns the restuarant at the Golf Club in Alcanada which is equally as good but not so well known and slightly cheaper at 29 euros.

It was sitting in La Terraza and looking at all the lights twinkling up the hill that started us looking for a property in Alcanada, and we have never regretted it.

To get to Alcanada follow the signs to Alcudia and then to the Commercial Port. This will bring you to a roundabout where there is an old power station with two very tall chimneys - you can't miss it. Alcanada is signposted, and after driving through a quiet residential road the road narrows and La Terreza is on the right, with a small car park in front. There is a separately owned bar along side which also has beautiful views.
If you continue along the road you will come to the golf club, which is owned by the Porsche family.

About a month ago another restaurant opened in Alcanada called Momos. It serves Italian food and is also very good. It is opposite La Terraza, and so doesnt really have a view, but the food makes up for it. We now have three superb restaurants within walking distance!

Another italian restuarant has opened this year called Casa Antonio, which is on the road in from the power station. Our daughters went there a few weeks ago and found the food uneatable. We went there when it first opened and the food was so so. It is cheap ,6.90 for a three course lunch, but we can't recommend it.

We have also been to La Victoria which not in Alcanada, but just past Bonaire. It has very good views, but the food is not in the same league as the three restuarants mentioned above. It also suffers from bus loads of tourists.

Roy
Old 13-07-2005, 18:31
Snowy

Roy

Thanks for your reply will need to stay longer than a week to try all eateries.

Old 13-07-2005, 21:48
pops

la terraza is fantastic and I agree Roy, is better than la vitoria.
beautiful walk at La vitoria up the mountain and then breathtaking views of the med.
You must try it Snowy
Old 14-07-2005, 00:39

Well, we went for lunch today, and had intended to have the menu of the day, but the a la carte looked great and not too expensive, so I had a mixed salad to start and entrecote steak for main course. We had a bottle of white, three bottles of water and coffee. It came to 30 euros a head. Good food at good prices.
However the highlight of this restaurant is the amazing view across the bay of Pollensa. It's truly breath taking, and the weather today was clear, bright and hot, so on the covered terrace, we enjoyed an almost perfect lunch experience.
However, as I didn't have the menu of the day, I'm going to have to go back soon to continue my investigation!!
Old 14-07-2005, 02:16
Snowy

Hi Thanks for your input think you should also try the La Terraza and report
Old 14-07-2005, 03:27

OK Snowy, I'll put it on my list
Old 15-07-2005, 04:26
Founder

Default Re: restaurant reviews

Hi guys,

thanks for the reviews etc. but please would you post restaurant comments as separate posts (one per restaurant) on the restaurant forum.

This post was oroginally about the best place to buy a property so I'm now closing it.

Thanks very much,

webmaster